2015 fantasy football questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys. Just interested in your thoughts on Josh Kelly.

Noticed he's likely to get some more midfield time.

How much midfield time are you expecting him to get?
Do you see him returning to that defensive role from last year?
Do you see him slowing down this year (age)?

Mark Blicavs as R2. Can he become your no.1 ruck or is he going to be a Mr.Fixit. Either way is he a chance to becoem a bigger scorer. he was impressive against the Hawks in the Qualifying final but only posted two tons for the year?

Hey guys. Just interested in your thoughts on Josh Kelly.

Noticed he's likely to get some more midfield time.

How much midfield time are you expecting him to get?
Do you see him returning to that defensive role from last year?
Do you see him slowing down this year (age)?

I see him getting more midfield time than Bartel. Mostly because Bartel can go wherever he pleases (defence & forward too) and play well while Kelly has never been a forward & we want to give guys like Bews & Smedts that small defender role this year.

Slowing down is a possibility but I don't think he will too much.

And in terms of Dreamteam/Fantasy/Supercoach, Kelly tackles a lot, which is great especially with a move back to the midfield.

At the moment Kelly is my D2 in Supercoach!

Mark Blicavs as R2. Can he become your no.1 ruck or is he going to be a Mr.Fixit. Either way is he a chance to becoem a bigger scorer. he was impressive against the Hawks in the Qualifying final but only posted two tons for the year?

Think there are better options out there.
Blicavs will only Ruck a bit this year because Simpson, McIntosh, Stanley are in front of him.
Also Blicavs is expected to play much more as a Key Defender this year which probably won't score many point so pass for me.

I see him getting more midfield time than Bartel. Mostly because Bartel can go wherever he pleases (defence & forward too) and play well while Kelly has never been a forward & we want to give guys like Bews & Smedts that small defender role this year.

And in terms of Dreamteam/Fantasy/Supercoach, Kelly tackles a lot, which is great especially with a move back to the midfield.

Thanks a lot for your reply! Very helpful - much appreciated.

Clark yes. (especially so cheap)
Smedts yes. (especially cheap)
Bews no. (Won't score above 60 for a game I am predicting)
Cockatoo yes. (depends on how many games he is given)
Lang yes. (Big yes. I already had him before NAB1 now he is locked in for me).
Hey guys, esp Daniel!
Darcy Lang has only just come to my attention. If he cracks first round team, will he be a sub candidate? Also, if he does crack round one, is he likely to be squeezed out or should he stick around because of what ever role (whatever that is, FWD I guess) he plays?
Thankyou for your time.

Have a great week Catters.

Hey guys, esp Daniel!
Darcy Lang has only just come to my attention. If he cracks first round team, will he be a sub candidate? Also, if he does crack round one, is he likely to be squeezed out or should he stick around because of what ever role (whatever that is, FWD I guess) he plays?
Thankyou for your time.

Hello!
Damn I was hoping I was one of the few who was interested in Lang haha.
I've already said he should definitely crack the Round 1 team with him pretty much being a replacement for Christensen!
Sadly he could be a Vest candidate. Can't see too many other people getting the vest Round 1, unless someone like Gregson or Gore were in the team meaning they would be more likely.
But even though there is a chance for him to get the vest, Lang is still my M8 in Supercoach :)

Hello!
Damn I was hoping I was one of the few who was interested in Lang haha.
I've already said he should definitely crack the Round 1 team with him pretty much being a replacement for Christensen!
Sadly he could be a Vest candidate. Can't see too many other people getting the vest Round 1, unless someone like Gregson or Gore were in the team meaning they would be more likely.
But even though there is a chance for him to get the vest, Lang is still my M8 in Supercoach :)
If he starts with the vest hes outta my team.
Sounds good tho. Will wait and see.

I would watch the NAB CUP and see if the other rucks are injured or not. If Simpson/McIntosh/Stanley are all injured then he may have to ruck and will score well but if they are fit he will play mainly in defence and it will hurt his scoring. There are better options for the price.

Hey guys, esp Daniel!
Thankyou for your time.

all young kids are a chance to wear the vest as we tend to rotate it among the younger players. Look he's a good chance to play because we don't have manty options for that small/med forward flank slot, McCarthy will miss the whole year, Murdoch's form is so-so and Blease hasnt played yet, and they are the only other guys than him who play that position. if he plays well in nab 2 and nab 3 I would get on board.

all young kids are a chance to wear the vest as we tend to rotate it among the younger players. Look he's a good chance to play because we don't have manty options for that small/med forward flank slot, McCarthy will miss the whole year, Murdoch's form is so-so and Blease hasnt played yet, and they are the only other guys than him who play that position. if he plays well in nab 2 and nab 3 I would get on board.
Thankyou for your time man!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you see Langs results last night? I did not see the game!

The peformance of Clark must be satisfying?

How did you see Langs results last night? I did not see the game!

The peformance of Clark must be satisfying?

Lang wasn't as impressive as last week but still decent.
Seeing Clark do that was amazing!
Cockatoo is very tempting now with 85 Supercoach points & those great goals!
Sadly still a SUB risk of course.

Chances of duncan continuing this current graph trend and cracking the 100 this year?

Caddy this year, score increase chances?

this is for Elite, just saw his nab 3 score and was wondering why that was/chances that will continue

Definitely a chance considering how he finished 2014.
Not sure exactly how Elite works but for Supercoach there are better options around his price which is the main reason I don't have him.

Chances of duncan continuing this current graph trend and cracking the 100 this year?

Big chance.
Duncan is one of our most consistent performers.
I don't think he will ever get big 100's for you though.
He usually scores around 80-110 but he is always consistently there.

Hey guys. Jim Kelly, what are your thoughts on him? Want to pick him because his move back to midfield and history of 95+ seasons while playing there, but there are a couple of things that worry me.

His age: how likely is he to be rested at points throughout the year as you guys normally do with your aging stars? Spot in team: most best 22s I've seen from you guys have him listed on the bench... is he likely to be phased out of the team eventually if, say, you have a promising young bloke playing particularly well in the VFL? Injury concerns: any worries during his pre-season or is he "training the house down"? Role: is he likely to be used a defensive mid/run with player?

Cheers guys.

Hey guys. Jim Kelly, what are your thoughts on him? Want to pick him because his move back to midfield and history of 95+ seasons while playing there, but there are a couple of things that worry me.

His age: how likely is he to be rested at points throughout the year as you guys normally do with your aging stars? Spot in team: most best 22s I've seen from you guys have him listed on the bench... is he likely to be phased out of the team eventually if, say, you have a promising young bloke playing particularly well in the VFL? Injury concerns: any worries during his pre-season or is he "training the house down"? Role: is he likely to be used a defensive mid/run with player?

Cheers guys.

First of all Jobe Watson I am a big fan ;)

I see Kelly getting more midfield time than Bartel. Mostly because Bartel can go wherever he pleases (defence & forward too) and play well while Kelly has never been a forward & we want to give guys like Bews & Smedts that small defender role this year.

Don't think he will be rested much, if at all, especially considering he has been "training the house down"

Cheers guys.

I don't see him falling out of the best 22. Once we get the obligatory 3-4 injuries throughout the season, he'll comfortably be in there, especially given that midfield grunt was and is a big question mark. He's a bit past his prime (just quietly, he will only be 31 on GF day and still finished top ten in last year's B&F - good sign of both reasonable form and durability), but adding Kelly to a core midfield group of Selwood, Johnson, Stokes, Duncan, Caddy, Guthrie, Horlin-Smith and possibly Bartel looks more than reasonable.

I'm very reluctant to pick any premium Geelong players from the start, unless there's a really good reason to (because it's a double whammy if they get injured, or play poorly, plus the risk that perhaps I can't be as objective about one of my team's players). But Kelly is one that I'll definitely be going with.

On a side note, I'm enjoying all this talk about Gregson getting a guernsey in Round 1. One, because I like what I've seen of him; and two, because he looks like a textbook last minute 'haven't done my homework' Thursday inclusion to so many Supercoach sides. As I said, I like him, but (if he does start Round 1) he's got sub/sub/VFL written all over him. If only he was listed as a defender. He's definitely a Round 3 adjustment type, if he exceeds expectations.

Regardless of price..how will stokes go this year you think? similiar to last year?

I'd think pretty much similar yes.
Will average around 90-100 for mine.
Can go forward & kick a goal or two.
Does get frees for being so small.
Won't get rested or anything which is good.
Would be a very unique pick :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back