Injury 2015 Injury Updates thread

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC: Hopes for Howe pre-season return

MELBOURNE is hopeful Jeremy Howe will be available for up to two of its NAB Challenge matches, with the versatile defender making progress from a hamstring injury.

Howe will miss the first pre-season game against Fremantle and manager of football Josh Mahoney said the club was taking a cautious approach to his return to training

AFL: Demon midfielder Bernie Vince may miss round one with hamstring injury

MELBOURNE is facing the prospect of being without star midfielder Bernie Vince for its round one opener against Gold Coast at the MCG, while doubt has also been cast over Jeremy Howe's availability.

Vince has suffered a setback in his bid to return from a niggling hamstring injury, with the Demons not expecting him to train for the next month.

The gun onballer has had an interrupted pre-season after undergoing shoulder surgery at the end of last year, meaning he may not have the continuity in his training to be ready for the start of the season.

Interesting/disturbing to note that Brayshaw came off towards the end of yesterday's scratch match with another knock to the head. This time from Salem I think.

I hope this isn't a reoccurring theme.

Interesting/disturbing to note that Brayshaw came off towards the end of yesterday's scratch match with another knock to the head. This time from Salem I think.

I hope this isn't a reoccurring theme.

It happened with viney quite a bit when he first got at the club as well, just has to pick the right moments to put his head in

It's great though , for every time he hurts himself he's gonna hurt others twice as much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round two injury list
Jayden Hunt (back) – 3-4 weeks
Alex Neal-Bullen (knee) – 2-3 weeks
Christian Petracca (knee) – season
Jack Trengove (foot) – indefinite

ANB was at the scarf handout on Saturday...said he is feeling good and is close to full fitness...

pumped to see Nibbler run around at Casey on Saturday
He seems like a team oriented type of player so should be a welcomed addition. Hopefully he gets through the game without any aggravations to his knee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back