15. Bulldogs
16. Essendon
17. Melbourne
18. St Kilda

While I'm at it:
Coleman: Walker
Brownlow: Ablett
Premiers: Hawthorn
In your dreams walker wins the Coleman, he won't be back to his best til next year
I reckon Hawkins or a small forward like Robbie gray or Michael Walters

1. Hawthorn
2. Sydney
3. Port
4. Freo
5. NM
6. Adelaide
7. Geelong
8. Gold Coast
12. Collingwood
13. Carlton
14. GWS
15. Bulldogs
16. Essendon
17. Melbourne
18. St Kilda

While I'm at it:
Coleman: Walker
Brownlow: Ablett
Premiers: Hawthorn
I reckon this is about as good as I've seen so far. Although I do think that we'll finish a bit higher. :cool:

In your dreams walker wins the Coleman, he won't be back to his best til next year
I reckon Hawkins or a small forward like Robbie gray or Michael Walters

Why? He was brilliant since coming back from his ACL with 29 goals.

Also when was the last time a small forward won the coleman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Hawthorn
2. Port Adelaide
3.North Melbourne
4. Sydney
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. Adelaide
8. Gold coast

9. Collingwood
10. Richmond
11. West coast
12. Carlton
13. Essendon
14. Brisbane
15. St kilda
16. Gws
17. Western bulldogs
18. Melbourne

Coleman - tom Hawkins
Brownlow - Nat fyfe
Rising star - christian petracca
Grand final - port 103 - hawthorn 91
Norm Smith - Ollie wines

It reminds me if when Cousins went to Richmond and everyone had them locked for top 8 even some for top 4.
Beams is a great get, but won't win them an extra 8 games
it's not just that. We also recieved Christensen and Robinson. And with another year of experience and most players averaging the same age, you'd be expecting the lions to peak and be a very competitive team from start to finsih. Also isn't it funny how Bring_Back_Brad liked that comment

That was last years team, next year Reid comes back and will kick 60-70
We've got Darcy Moore coming through, Dane swan moving in to a permanent fwd role will probably kick 50 for the year, Alex fasolo finally fit to come in he's an elite goal sneak and can settle in the fwd line now injuries are under control, and with Reid and Darcy Moore Cloke will have less attention and will kick more goals. With lumamba and beams gone, the quality of ball movement thorough the mididle will improve. Anyone at the club will tell you bEams has been playing for possessions the past year to drive his value up but his actual influence on the game has been insignificant. Adams and Pendles, ball and sidebottom did all the hard work in the centre and beams just was throwing the ball on to boot to get a kick away mostly resulting in a turnover,, rather than take care to look and find the best option. Trying to clock up kicks and clearance stats for his million dollar deal with the bears. Our fwd line suffered. Next year will have players who care about winning, not their big payday.

I really like you.
You take black and assess it as white.
You take widely and highly regarded players and render them selfish money-driven egotists with one stroke.
You have a view of AFL football that completely confuses me - and makes me question my own perceptions.
Great work.

it's not just that. We also recieved Christensen and Robinson. And with another year of experience and most players averaging the same age, you'd be expecting the lions to peak and be a very competitive team from start to finsih. Also isn't it funny how Bring_Back_Brad liked that comment
I think Bundy will be a better pick up than alot of people realise. Even off no pre season he still averaged more votes per game in our b&f than any other Geelong player. True story.

However I still think your KP depth is not yet up to scratch in order for you blokes to be a top 8 side, but no doubt the future looks bright.

I think Bundy will be a better pick up than alot of people realise. Even off no pre season he still averaged more votes per game in our b&f than any other Geelong player. True story.

However I still think your KP depth is not yet up to scratch in order for you blokes to be a top 8 side, but no doubt the future looks bright.
Agreed with the first bit.

Half-agree with the second bit. KP depth is great down back. Not so much up forward. (I should print that in my sig, seeing as though it's my 100th time of trying to explain this.)

Lot of people that don't bother going over our list just go with the usual "they have no KPPs at either end" line. Getting pretty tired of it, tbh. With that being said, most of the posts from non-Lions fans on here have been realistic in terms of ladder positioning. I see our side finishing around 12th-14th next season. It's just a reality of where we stand.

No it is way more likely that Luke McGuanne and Brent Staker will kick 50 each. These two are very under estimated due to there poor run with injury over their careers. At their best though they could end up being a ultimate forward force. Stefan Martin will be revolutionary as he can play as a mid, off center half forward and have stints in the ruck as well. Stefan Martin will be all-australian, average 20 disposals a game, and kick 35 goals off center half forward
McGuanne is a complete hack.

I never said Darcy would kick 50
But you do think Read will be near the top of the Coleman medal race. You are a very one eyed fan, I will give you that. You guys have not been able to get anyone to work in with Cloke for years. Reid can't stay on the park, and if he does this year, it wont be his big year. It will take him time to get up to speed. For some reason you seem to think everything will be tickety boo this year when Collingwood haven't been able to make that happen for 4 years now. You are throwing out all reason on the back of mad fanaticism. It won't end well. A touch of reality is needed for sure.

I agree with Mcguanne. Should provide a bit of stop gap between now and when our young KPFs develop if fit.

Staker though has been cruelled by injuries and can actually play. Hopefully he gets one last chance.
Staker is handy, but I wouldn't expect much more than we've seen in the past from him, so you wouldn't want to rely on him. I feel like he would perform well as a third tall in a side like Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back