2015 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

During the time they're suspended they are not allowed to train with the squad. 6 weeks of 18 players away from the side, losing conditioning and match practice, there's no way they will come back in and immediately be able to put in 100% efforts. A 6 game ban will affect them for at least 9 weeks. Lo and behold the next week the AFL has the Crows up against the Bombers.
They've been training all pre-season for 5 months, I don't think 6 weeks out will send them too far backwards if at all. Plus they can still train, just not with the squad (the 18 would probably train together away from the main squad) so they won't lose conditioning.
IMO though, the suspended won't be back this year.
I hope that's the case but I suspect it won't be. They'll be playing again this year.

They've been training all pre-season for 5 months, I don't think 6 weeks out will send them too far backwards if at all. Plus they can still train, just not with the squad (the 18 would probably train together away from the main squad) so they won't lose conditioning.

I hope that's the case but I suspect it won't be. They'll be playing again this year.
I've said the same elsewhere, but I can see them being suspended for a year, appeals taking longer than that, and them missing a year anyway.

1. Port Adelaide
2. Sydney
3. North Melbourne
4. Adelaide
5. Hawthorn
6. Fremantle
7. West Coast
8. Gold Coast

9. Geelong
10. Richmond
11. Essendon
12. Brisbane
13. Collingwood
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Western Sydney
16. Melbourne
17. St Kilda
18. Carlton
If that's the final ladder position, week 1 finals will be an absolute cracker. Western Derby and Adelaide Showdown would be unbelievable. I really hope you have a crystal ball.

Swap Hawthorn and North Melboure and it would be.

You would have the Showdown, the Western Derby, the Grand Final rematch, and Gold Coast vs the team that was supposed to move to the Gold Coast.

Few people putting Adelaide in the top 4.. I'll believe it when I see it.
Thats how I feel about the crows and eagles. After putting together a couple years of below par performances its hard to put them both any higher than 8th.

Of the 2 Adelaide look like they have more elite players, so maybe they get the nod, but its marginal.

1. Port Adelaide
2. Sydney
3. Hawthorn
4. Fremantle
5. Geelong
6. Gold Coast
7. Adelaide
8. North Melbourne

9. Richmond
10. Collingwood
11. Essendon
12. West Coast
13. Lions
14. GWS
15. Melbourne
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Carlton
18. St Kilda

I don't think you're side has the ability to score buckets of goals..or will rely on too few to do so.

The defence is also a weak suit.
Strange assessment. Had no problem scoring last year, and doubt we will this year. Our big problem is leaking goals. Can see us losing our fair share of high scoring games.

1. Fremantle
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Port Power
5. Richmond
6. Nth Melbourne
7. Adelaide
8. Gold Coast
9. Essendon
10. Geelong
11. Melbourne
12. West Coast
13. Brisbane
14. Carlton
15. GWS
16. St.Kilda
17. Collingwood
18. Bulldogs

Adelaide aren't all they're made out to be. Melbourne ahead of West Coast? Carlton and St. Kilda ahead of Collingwood? Essendon that high up? (no pun intended).
Put the crack pipe down.

Adelaide aren't all they're made out to be.

What are they made out to be? o_O We're a middle of the road team at the moment, which is why we're 7th.

Melbourne ahead of West Coast?

Yeah? Melbourne have got to come good at some point, can't see why they can't move up a few spots.

Carlton and St. Kilda ahead of Collingwood?

Saw some good signs from the Saints at the end of last year. 13th-17th could go either way and that's the order I picked.

Essendon that high up? (no pun intended).

Essendon have a lot of talent, whether you like it or not :thumbsu:

I don't think you're side has the ability to score buckets of goals..or will rely on too few to do so.

The defence is also a weak suit.
We were 3rd for points for last year ?

Pods, Jenkins, a fit Walker, Betts, Cameron with Kerridge, Douglas, Wright and Danger able to go through there and kick some goals. I don't think scoring is our issue...

Adelaide aren't all they're made out to be. Melbourne ahead of West Coast? Carlton and St. Kilda ahead of Collingwood? Essendon that high up? (no pun intended).
Put the crack pipe down.

Actually, I think he's on the money, only StKilda doubtful.
BTW, you know most other clubs' members don't have crack pipes ...dontcha ?

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. Port
5. North
6. Gold Coast
7. Essendon
8. Geelong

9. Richmond
10. Adelaide
11. Brisbane
12. West Coast
13. Collingwood
14. GWS
15. Carlton
16. St Kilda
17. Melbourne
18. Bulldogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it looks like north is doing what richmond did a few yeas ago... recruit some older players for a tilt at a flag. i personally cant see it happening for them but good on them for having a crack,

i can feel the bias in me but i think the crows could go deep into the top 8, generally players aim to please the new coach and with a new style and leader it may provide some spark

now the power teams, Hawks, Geelong, Sydney, all may feel the pinch this year especially the cats, with teams strengthening below with port with ryder, north with waite, brisbane with 500 new players, GC with Malceski i can see this being a nervous season for all

Out of the bottom teams WB will struggle, with Libba out it means another long season, on the bright side with Boyd not reaching his peak for another 5 years or so it wont hurt the team in the long run which is obviously what the club is looking at. may even help rather than sitting 10th they will get a higher pick finishing lower. Carlton is the real concern, they have an avg list but full of top draft picks, we all laugh at melbourne recruiting but carlton would have to be equal on poor development of young players, the team will not get any better with the players they have.
Yeah... Richmond totally recruited older players for a tilt at the flag.... :rolleyes:

Make it 7 games please.

You'd hate to be the team that plays them the week Essendon get all their players back, they'll be breathing fire.

*Fcucking sigh* Hang your head in shame, there humans.. Not mystical creatures.

You remind me of a fish outta water

Looks like we got a bunch of comedians in here putting Richmond 9th just like they do every other year. How original :drunk:
Looks like sportsbet have also jumped on the running joke. They have you as 9th fav to make the 8.

Maybe its not a joke and your just the 9th best side.

I wonder if logic goes into any of these ladder predictions, sometimes this thread is hard to take serious

Bulldogs, Saints will be at the bottom end no doubt. Hawks & Swans 1&2, maybe Cats in the mix

But I think schedules, lists, travel never taken into accounts when ppl do their predictions

I wonder if logic goes into any of these ladder predictions, sometimes this thread is hard to take serious

Bulldogs, Saints will be at the bottom end no doubt. Hawks & Swans 1&2, maybe Cats in the mix

But I think schedules, lists, travel never taken into accounts when ppl do their predictions
I think the general consensus on bigfooty seems to be that Carlton have the worst list. The thing is they don't have the worst list for 2015. Bulldogs, Melbourne and Saints are still way too young without the older and mid range players Carlton have atm. I reckon the Blues will finish above these teams and between 10th - 14th.

I do however believe Carlton has the worst list going forward. If I had to choose the list I would least like to have, it is certainly Carltons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back