2015 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Question will be how much of a toll will the mental strain of the ASADA process take on the players, and what effect will no pre season games have. Will it take them a month or so to "catch up"? Thus putting them at 0-4 or 1-5? History shows it's very hard to make finals from that position. I don't think they play finals this year personally. Have them 9th or 10th.

Sydney
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Fremantle
Gold Coast

Essendon
West Coast

Adelaide
Geelong
Richmond
Carlton
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Collingwood
Melbourne
GWS
St Kilda

So I've worked out how this thread works.

If you are a hawk, swan or port fan, your team goes to top by default. If you are a fan of any of the better mid range teams from last year, your team goes to 4th. If you weren't bottom 4 but missed the 8, your team goes to 8th (with the exception of GC who go to 4th). If you are a St Kilda or Melbourne fan you either don't post or put your team at 17th and the other at 18th.

Hawthorn
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
North
Adelaide
Geelong
Richmond

Gold Coast
West Coast
Essendon
Brisbane
Collingwood
GWS
Bulldogs
Carlton
Melbourne
St Kilda

Hawks
Swans
Power
Dockers
Kangaroos
Cats
Suns
Crows

Tigers (legit)
Bombers
Lions
Magpies
Giants
Eagles
Blues
Demons
Bulldogs
Saints

Premiers: Port
Runners Up: Hawks
Brownlow: Fyfe
Norm Smith: Gray
Coleman: Franklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydney
Port Adel
Hawthorn
North Melb
Geelong
Essendon
Richmond
Adelaide
------------------
Fremantle
Gold Coast
West Coast
Collingwood
Brisbane
Footscray
Carlton
Melbourne
GWS
St Kilda

Hawks
North
Port
Swans
Freo
Adelaide
Gold coast
Geelong

Richmond
Eagles
Brisbane
Essendon
Bulldogs
Collingwood
Carlton
GWS
Melbourne
Saints

Last edited:
Ok i'll have a crack

Hawks
Swans
Port
Richmond
Crows
Freo
Cats
Brissy

Bombers
North
GWS
Gold Coast
West Coast
Melbourne
Pies
Carlton
Saints
Dogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are a hawk, swan or port fan, your team goes to top by default. If you are a fan of any of the better mid range teams from last year, your team goes to 4th. If you weren't bottom 4 but missed the 8, your team goes to 8th (with the exception of GC who go to 4th). If you are a St Kilda or Melbourne fan you either don't post or put your team at 17th and the other at 18th.

There are some common rules that come up every year:

1. Tip your team to finish ~3 spots higher than last year.
2. Make sure you make 1-2 changes to the 8. The teams that finished 7th and 8th are always the teams to drop out.
3. Make sure you tip every top 4 team to make the finals again. Top 4 teams never drop out of the 8. The thought of that is completely unfathomable. Make sure you aggressively call out anyone that makes one of these predictions.
4. If the previous years premier won the Grand Final by more than 40 points, tip them to back it up, because you honestly can't see how anyone will get near them, they were so dominant last year.
5. If a team took great strides forward last year, make sure you tip them to do it again this year. After all, they are an up and coming team who will certainly continue on their upward trajectory.
6. If a team went backwards last year, make sure you tip them to slide even further. Teams never bounce back after a down year.

68 Port Adelaide
64 Sydney
64 Geelong
64 North Melbourne
60 Hawthorn
56 Essendon
56 Richmond
56 Adelaide
------------------------
52 Fremantle
44 Gold Coast
36 Carlton
32 Brisbane
32 Collingwood
28 Western Bulldogs
20 West Coast
20 GWS
20 Melbourne
12 St.Kilda

Teams likely to cause me grief.
Too high - Port Adelaide, Essendon and Adelaide.
Too low - Fremantle, Brisbane, West Coast and GWS.

Hawks
North
Port
Swans
Freo
Adelaide
Gold coast
Geelong

Richmond
Eagles
Brisbane
Essendon
Collingwood
Carlton
GWS
Melbourne
Saints
Not sure we'll be as bad as to not appear on the ladder at all :p

IMHO,

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Port Adelaide
4. Fremantle
5. Geelong
6. Gold Coast¹
7. Adelaide¹
8. North Melbourne²

9. Richmond ³
10. Essendon¹
11. West Coast
12. GWS
13. Brisbane
14. Collingwood
15. Carlton
16. Footscray
17. Melbourne
18. St Kilda

¹ Could still make/miss the Top 8
² Could make the Top 4, however, could also miss the 8.
³ Could still make the Top 8. No troll intended (well.... maybe a little)

68 Port Adelaide
64 Sydney
64 Geelong
64 North Melbourne
60 Hawthorn
56 Essendon
56 Richmond
56 Adelaide
------------------------
52 Fremantle
44 Gold Coast
36 Carlton
32 Brisbane
32 Collingwood
28 Western Bulldogs
20 West Coast
20 GWS
20 Melbourne
12 St.Kilda

Teams likely to cause me grief.
Too high - Port Adelaide, Essendon and Adelaide.
Too low - Fremantle, Brisbane, West Coast and GWS.

Your own club will cause you the most grief if you think they are finishing 5th.:drunk:

1. Port
2. Hawthorn
3. Freo
4. Geelong
5. Sydney
6. North
7. Richmond
8. Adelaide
9. Brisbane
10. GWS
11. Gold Coast
12. Essendon
13. Carlton
14. West Coast
15. Collingwood
16. Melbourne
17. Western Bulldogs
18. St. Kilda

1. Port
2. Hawthorn
3. Freo
4. Geelong
5. Sydney
6. North
7. Richmond
8. Adelaide
9. Brisbane
10. GWS
11. Gold Coast
12. Essendon
13. Carlton
14. West Coast
15. Collingwood
16. Melbourne
17. Western Bulldogs
18. St. Kilda
What's Carlton showed tonight to put them ahead of 5 other clubs ?...

spot on
besides that i am not saying anything more.

There are some common rules that come up every year:

1. Tip your team to finish ~3 spots higher than last year.
2. Make sure you make 1-2 changes to the 8. The teams that finished 7th and 8th are always the teams to drop out.
3. Make sure you tip every top 4 team to make the finals again. Top 4 teams never drop out of the 8. The thought of that is completely unfathomable. Make sure you aggressively call out anyone that makes one of these predictions.
4. If the previous years premier won the Grand Final by more than 40 points, tip them to back it up, because you honestly can't see how anyone will get near them, they were so dominant last year.
5. If a team took great strides forward last year, make sure you tip them to do it again this year. After all, they are an up and coming team who will certainly continue on their upward trajectory.
6. If a team went backwards last year, make sure you tip them to slide even further. Teams never bounce back after a down year.

I debunked the your team thing, putting us 16th which may be optimistic from what I saw Thursday night

Eagles may be without Brown. Not to have a go while they are down, but geez, Glass retires mid-year last season, and now Mackenzie and Brown are out/possibly out for the season. A huge weight on McGovern, and not sure who their 2nd KB is? Will struggle against some of the teams with decent key forwards with their midfield I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back