List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very happy we targeted our spine in this draft period. Year one of a full rebuild, the way it should be, picking the players that will take longest to develop first.

Next year it puts us in a good position to target a CHF and midfield. Then we will be in a good position to start taking best available.

Of the 49 members of the 2012 playing list only 12 remain and the end of 2015.

37 players (1 president, 1 CEO and 2 senior coaches) have been moved on in 3 years.

Thats nuts.

What we had in place at the end of 2012 was NUTS.

Very happy with the player cleanout over 3 years. And very happy with the decisions of the last 12 months on and off field (Neil Craig excluded).

Are there any draft experts out there who might know - is there anything to Essendon's meddling, however playful? Could it be considered a kind of draft tampering?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...ierce-rivals-pay-fair-price-for-jack-silvagni
Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro said he was determined to not let Carlton recruit Silvagni with a later draft pick.
"I just want to keep the opposition down the road honest, that's all," he said.
"We weren't going to let them get away with murder.
"The kid is a very good player in his own right and he deserved to get drafted a little higher than when he was picked."

Is it really within one team's powers to intentionally affect another's picks? They have admitted to doing this.

Their nomination for SOSOS actually IMPROVED our later pick (which we didn't use). I have more concerns about this glitch in the nomination system than * "forcing" is to use the pick which we were always going to use on him. Now if they used a pick in the 30s then I would be pissed but what they did actually BENEFITTED us. I mean they can't even screw over an old rival properly .....

Ok, so if I bump my own post, Draftguru now has us as the 5th oldest and 10th most experienced, meaning dumping Warnock wasn't enough to offset the loss of Holman, Fields and Walsh in boosting our averages.

Need more kids... 5 to come.

That puts us between Geelong and Hawthorn for age and St Kilda and Collingwood for experience.

( * for you statisticians, seems based on age at the start of 2016 season and not including Korchek and maybe not accurate as to our Irish rookies)

Pointless bump that no one cares about... Now the 7th oldest and equal 3rd most inexperienced.

So we might win a few extra games with hardened bodies Gallucci, Plowman, Gorringe, Lamb, Kerridge, Sumner, Wright and Phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back