List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest if richmonds list was as carltons is now I would take Yarran and Menzel for Dixon in a heart beat. The guy is a serious gun KPF with 8 years left in the system. Type of player you could build a side around. It's become apparent that my presence isn't welcome here but suggestions I was trolling were rediculous. Was a serious post that I saw as a win win slight loss for Carlton, Richmond and Suns respectively

May have been serious but also somewhat...............let's be kind............misled.

No....actually it's just a dumb post by someone who's pumping their chest out a little prematurely.

I hope Kruezer stays... long time favourite.

Get the feeling the club will push him out...
The fact they haven't signed him by now stinks of club trying to save face...

CFC - "Geez, we wanted to keep him, but Club Y offered him too much and it would have been financially irresponsible to match"
Oh, you mean the Betts Defence? Carlton would never try tha...

Last edited:

You're talking about 2 depth players that cost us, in total, pick 46. That's players 37 and 38 on the list, when anyone taken after that had been overlooked 45 times.

Perspective...

Pick #46 would have gotten Dean Gore, whom Rogers rated #11. On top of that, Jones got given a 3 year contract. This looks to have been a very poor decision.

Pick #46 would have gotten Dean Gore, whom Rogers rated #11. On top of that, Jones got given a 3 year contract. This looks to have been a very poor decision.
I'm not saying a 3 contract term wasn't excessive but 46 isn't a huge investment. Dean Gore has yet to debut, so jury still out.

Threatening to delist Jones after 1 year only magnifies the blunder if that's the case. I'd prefer he was given an opportunity to repay the faith under Bolton. It's not like we have a lot of tall options, with Giles and Foster a way off, Hendo and Warnock gone and Watson at the crossroads.

Thoughts on this....

Carlton: Aish
Adelaide: Menzel
Brisbane: Danger compo (pick 14)

I think Adelaide would say no but then again Menzel would look good in that forward line.

Two flankers who reportably both want out for an absolute gun KPF was more than fair. I'm not sure how much currency the two will have given they have both been fringe best 22 in a side sitting 17. Gotta love bigfooty trade suggestions sometimes
Please, you are the only Richmond supporter stupid enough to post this crap on our board. We know our players are excellent. We know our team is crap right now. We will never give up our best for other's second best. You sound like a loser who wishes people were dumb enough to give them freebies with little in return. Please refrain from posting any more dribble on our board. Trade time will be interesting enough, just wait a few weeks to see what rolls around

To be honest if richmonds list was as carltons is now I would take Yarran and Menzel for Dixon in a heart beat. The guy is a serious gun KPF with 8 years left in the system. Type of player you could build a side around. It's become apparent that my presence isn't welcome here but suggestions I was trolling were rediculous. Was a serious post that I saw as a win win slight loss for Carlton, Richmond and Suns respectively
Dixon turns 25 next month & with his injury history, at best you get 5-6 years out of him. On the other hand, a nice juicy draft pick could give you a 10+ years player. Do you see the difference?

Pardon the intrusion. Troy Menzel related question.

I understand that there is a chance Menzel is moved on this offseason (not a certainty, but a chance). Let's say hypothetically that Carlton and Adelaide are working on a trade for him (SA lad, makes sense). Obviously, I would assume Carlton are going to ask for Adelaide's first rounder (or if Dangerfield leaves, one of Adelaide's two first rounders). My question is, do you think that would be the ONLY way a deal would get done or could there be an alternate deal involving Adelaide's 2nd rounder, plus a player? If so, which player(s) from our list (if any) do you think would satisfy Carlton to go along with the 2nd round pick (or perhaps a package of two players with no draft pick? Some names that may be possibilities to be put up for trade for various reasons from our end include Ricky Henderson, Jarryd Lyons, Mitch Grigg, Sam Kerridge, Matt Wright, David Mackay, Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Sam Shaw. Matt Crouch and Tom Lynch are also out of contract but Crouch is extremely unlikely to leave IMO, and Lynch looks set to either stay or go to the Dees who are offering him massive overs.

I guess another possibility might be us giving you a first and second rounder for Menzel and Yarran.

Cheers.

I understand that there is a chance Menzel is moved on this offseason (not a certainty, but a chance). Let's say hypothetically that Carlton and Adelaide are working on a trade for him (SA lad, makes sense). Obviously, I would assume Carlton are going to ask for Adelaide's first rounder (or if Dangerfield leaves, one of Adelaide's two first rounders). My question is, do you think that would be the ONLY way a deal would get done or could there be an alternate deal involving Adelaide's 2nd rounder, plus a player? If so, which player(s) from our list (if any) do you think would satisfy Carlton to go along with the 2nd round pick (or perhaps a package of two players with no draft pick? Some names that may be possibilities to be put up for trade for various reasons from our end include Ricky Henderson, Jarryd Lyons, Mitch Grigg, Sam Kerridge, Matt Wright, David Mackay, Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Sam Shaw. Matt Crouch and Tom Lynch are also out of contract but Crouch is extremely unlikely to leave IMO, and Lynch looks set to either stay or go to the Dees who are offering him massive overs.

I guess another possibility might be us giving you a first and second rounder for Menzel and Yarran.

Cheers.

I don't think anyone here would be happy with anything less than a first round pick for each. Realistically mid to late first rounders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My question is, do you think that would be the ONLY way a deal would get done or could there be an alternate deal involving Adelaide's 2nd rounder, plus a player?

If Menzel was looking to go home to Adelaide we wouldn't be looking to do the Adelaide Football Club any favors in a trade. You forced us to take unders in a trade for Jacobs because you had the leverage and then you signed Betts - perhaps somewhat underhandedly. If Menzel was to return to South Australia I think you may find that we're more likely to work with Port Adelaide than Adelaide.

Wonder what the tigers are going to give up for Yarran and Trelor. You would have to think a future first rounder for Trelor. We would want Lennon and maybe a second round pick next year? (Or this year)

GWS : Trelor and this years second rounder to Rich for 2 first rounders (one from next year) and Richmonds second from this year

Yarran for Lennon and the GWS second rounder (25ish)

I'd think everyone would be happy with that?

would we part the Kruezer pick for Trelor?

Cheers.

Really like Ellis-Yolmen, personally - would take him and an early second-rounder if you can conjure one up from another trade (anywhere between 20 and 25). That might be slightly overs for you guys, but Menzel's got a bit of x-factor about him when he's on song, and your midfield does bat pretty deep.

That being said, I think a pick around 12-15 is probably better value for you guys than CEY and an early 20's pick. You'd still be in the first round of the draft with your original pick (I imagine the Danger-compo is the one we get, not your first) and you retain a guy who's shown he's capable of performing well in your engine-room as well as grabbing a slider.

Furthermore, we need talls this draft, so picks in the first round are going to be top of our wishlist, especially if we're giving up blokes we recruited to kick goals.

Sorry for the intrusion. What would it take to get Yarren and Menzel from you guys? Think they would really compliment our list where we are at. i can see some sort of three way trade that benefits all parties being the most likely scenario. Perhaps something like the following inclusions:

Carlton: Dixon
Richmond: Yarren and Menzel
Gold Coast: Matt Thomas and Matt McDonoghue

That may just be the worst trade scenario I have ever seen in the history of 10 years on bigfooty lolol! Would you trade Lennon & vlaustin for Liam jones & David ellard?

McDonuts struggles to get a game. Thomas is very much old, fringe & s**t!

The issue wasn't with that part it was the 2 potatoes you were giving to the Gold Coast! Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back