Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47305

Remove this Banner Ad

Over 1,000 behind same time last year's figure. What is wrong with our supporters? I know we finished 13th but we have a much more family friendly draw next season, we recruited well and SOS is back.

In saying that, we are very close to our figure from the same time in 2013 and we cracked 50k members that year.

Over 1,000 behind same time last year's figure. What is wrong with our supporters? I know we finished 13th but we have a much more family friendly draw next season, we recruited well and SOS is back.

In saying that, we are very close to our figure from the same time in 2013 and we cracked 50k members that year.
The people who buy memberships are the ones who care about the draw, about SOS and recruiting.

The people who don't buy memberships only care when we're winning.

Keep in mind that we only hit 50k due to some intervention...

FYI

2015members21122014.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Carlton are pretty heavily followed, it's just our supporters just don't buy memberships, I think there would be a hell of a lot of bandwagoners out there, if we ever came good they'd flock in in numbers, it would be interesting to see what a few flags would do to our membership.

I think Carlton are pretty heavily followed, it's just our supporters just don't buy memberships, .
Steven Trigg said something similar in a recent interview. He said the reach of the Carlton Brand is enourmous but our ability to transfer 'fans' into paid up members has been a issue for a long time.

Historically we have been a big club, but we are hitting a generation without success now. That may mean more to membership numbers ( If you could do an age graph) than anything.

Numbers will be close to last years but get 3 or 4 early wins and people will jump on..... sadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back