Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47305

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it fair to say we have the most disappointing set of numbers out of the competition? It certainly seems like that may be the case.
We were hardly starting off a high base too.

Not that I can be critical - I havent re-signed this season yet. I fully intend to, but am awaiting the result of the ASADA case. If it's not to my satisfaction - I will write to the club and explain why I will spend my membership money on supporting the Northern Blues instead. If enough people act that way, the AFL will get the message very quickly.

Not that I can be critical - I havent re-signed this season yet. I fully intend to, but am awaiting the result of the ASADA case. If it's not to my satisfaction - I will write to the club and explain why I will spend my membership money on supporting the Northern Blues instead. If enough people act that way, the AFL will get the message very quickly.

Thats great. Not that our club has anything to do with it.

If you were an Essendon* member I'd totally get this mindset. But in this case all you'd be doing is punishing OUR club. How does that get your message through?

How does penalizing the club send a message to the AFL, s_v? Even if you are an AFL member?
If they arent getting my support because of the actions of the league, they can look to act on it. I will let them know that is why I havent signed up yet if they call to ask, and I will write them a letter if the actual outcome is lower than my expectations.

Last I checked, there was a meeting of 17 club presidents to discuss how to deal with essendon back when the interim report was delivered. Supporting the club is supporting the league, and I'm not satisfied with how the league has handled this issue.

Would it be fair to surmise that when we "beefed up" the football department budget a few years back to keep up with the arms race, that we stripped spending in some of the other departments to the bare bones? Reading some of the common complaints around here, that seems to be the case.

If they arent getting my support because of the actions of the league, they can look to act on it. I will let them know that is why I havent signed up yet if they call to ask, and I will write them a letter if the actual outcome is lower than my expectations.

Last I checked, there was a meeting of 17 club presidents to discuss how to deal with essendon back when the interim report was delivered. Supporting the club is supporting the league, and I'm not satisfied with how the league has handled this issue.
nup

Odd attitude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you aren't, but what has that got to do with supporting Carlton?

What happens now is far removed from Carlton
I dont really buy tickets at the gate, I only go on my membership - so its really the only money I contribute to the league.....and money is the only thing the league responds to. It's probably all for nought, and they wont even call me to ask why im not renewing, but so be it.

Let be honest,

We've really not qualified to play finals in 3 seasons (Yes in 2013 hence "qualified")
We've not brought in a big player this season...
A lot of people not happy with recruiting an older player with our first round pick.
I wonder how many Visy memberships will not be renewed...
20 years is a long wait :(

* them. We move onto success without them.

KITCHEN (2019) - INTERIOR - DAY

Hey Dad, this Carlton team you suggested I follow doesn't ever look like losing flags! Wanna come to the game tomorrow? We're smashing the Bomber Replacements at the G.

Sorry son, I haven't bought a membership ticket or attended a game since the 20th anniversary of our win in 1995.

Why, Dad?

(LONG PAUSE)

I.....I don't remember any more. But I'm sure it was important.

I don't get this mentality at all. You're punishing our footy for something we have no control over.
Each to their own I suppose.

I don't get this mentality at all. You're punishing our footy for something we have no control over.
Each to their own I suppose.
We'll have to agree to disagree about the level of 'control' that is being exercised here.

Let be honest,

We've really not qualified to play finals in 3 seasons (Yes in 2013 hence "qualified")
We've not brought in a big player this season...
A lot of people not happy with recruiting an older player with our first round pick.
I wonder how many Visy memberships will not be renewed...
20 years is a long wait :(
I don't remember Geelong supporters marching down Malop St to voice their displeasure at the drafting of Harry Taylor with a 1st round draft pick.
If the drafting of Boekhorst has discouraged some supporters from buying a membership, then they can go to hell (or support Collingwood/Essendope).

Believe me when I say this but you might be really surprised by the amount of Carlton supporters who have absolutely no idea who we draft in any year and who still don't know - or care - who Boekhurst is.

I don't remember Geelong supporters marching down Malop St to voice their displeasure at the drafting of Harry Taylor with a 1st round draft pick.
If the drafting of Boekhorst has discouraged some supporters from buying a membership, then they can go to hell (or support Collingwood/Essendope).
... and then go to hell.

Good for you s_v, all power to keeping your cash in your pocket. Maybe feeling this passionately should see you write letters anyway, and donate the equivalent amount to a cause that will help prevent our club from not stamping its feet enough to impact WADA and ASADA's investigatory procedures in future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back