Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Derm just interviewed Cyril....... if ever you want to see how someone looks at someone else with sex in their eyes, grab a copy of that and watch the way Derm looks at Cyril..
Pass.

Anyone watch Clarkson's presser last night? Who was the old bloke in the wheelchair?
The random yank that didn't ask questions? No idea at all

what would he be doing for us at the moment?
Our team is very ordinary and full of blokes who struggle to win contested footy. Has he even won the hard ball yet?

Sometimes we're poles apart but this time I agree in full, soft link players aren't the type we need that's for sure. I reckon the Collingwood around the boundaries style of play suits him so he'll rack up more cute little possessions with them. But their supporters have already recognised him as being extremely soft with a definite dislike for contact, he'll get numbers with them but ultimately let them down.
We need to improve centre clearance and hard ball gets around the ground, thanks goodness he's gone.

what would he be doing for us at the moment?
Our team is very ordinary and full of blokes who struggle to win contested footy. Has he even won the hard ball yet?

And that's ok. Every team needs inside and outside players. The pies have pendles, swan, Steele, Adams. So they're not short of contested ball winners. Trav adds outside pace, which they really don't have much of.

Trav does his role, and did it for us for a long time. It's just a few on this board had mixed opinions on what that role was.

Gladly, those few had nothing to do with the way the club operates.

being extremely soft with a definite dislike for contact

I've obviously been watching a different Trav the last few weeks then

CI_XA5lUwAADIwx.jpg

Class act. :thumbsu:

Would be great to see that after all the games this weekend. Was a simple yet touching sign of respect. Like the commentators said, it was hard to know whether to cry or smile watching that.

That was pathetic by Sammy Sniper.
My immediate thought was that he had copped a taste of his own medicine.

The look of shock on his face was priceless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said,...if you want a strong clearance player which we do, why would you want him back?
That's not what you said at all

You took a standard cheap shot and even threw in that the Pies fans think he is extremely soft.... They are full of praise for him.

He wouldn't solve our clearance issues, and he was very very poor his last couple of years with us...

But at the moment he is flying at the Pies, he is hard at the contest, not shirking and issue and full of confidence

Had to shake my head in amazement before. Had a peek at the Hawks board before to see what they said about the after game tribute last night, and came across a comment saying "Our injuries to key players are starting to have an effect on us." This was their injury list as listed on the AFL website during the week:

- Kaiden Brand (shoulder - season)
- James Frawley (shoulder - 3-4 weeks)
- Matt Spangher (ankle - test) who ended up playing last night anyway.

So only one key player on the injury list then. Heaven help them if they had an injury list like ours.

Had to shake my head in amazement before. Had a peek at the Hawks board before to see what they said about the after game tribute last night, and came across a comment saying "Our injuries to key players are starting to have an effect on us." This was their injury list as listed on the AFL website during the week:

- Kaiden Brand (shoulder - season)
- James Frawley (shoulder - 3-4 weeks)
- Matt Spangher (ankle - test) who ended up playing last night anyway.

So only one key player on the injury list then. Heaven help them if they had an injury list like ours.

Clearly they aren't suffering with injuries but to be fair with them they also lost Roughead late in the week and it looks like he'll miss another game or two (their next two games are Freo and Swans).

That's not what you said at all

You took a standard cheap shot and even threw in that the Pies fans think he is extremely soft.... They are full of praise for him.

He wouldn't solve our clearance issues, and he was very very poor his last couple of years with us...

But at the moment he is flying at the Pies, he is hard at the contest, not shirking and issue and full of confidence

We play more corridor footy it didn't suit his one dimensional outside game. They have been saying he is soft, their words!

We play more corridor footy it didn't suit his one dimensional outside game. They have been saying he is soft, their words!
You are simply incapable of giving him any credit at all aren't you

Some blokes honestly are just footy dumb Willo. You need to Just not let stupid posters upset you. I get sucked in at times
Too, but with unintelligent stupid ignorant footy Opinions - Just don't engage them in debate. U remember the old saying- don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Some blokes honestly are just footy dumb Willo. You need to Just not let stupid posters upset you. I get sucked in at times
Too, but with unintelligent stupid ignorant footy Opinions - Just don't engage them in debate. U remember the old saying- don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Who are you and what have you done with Catsmaninamerica :D

I did didn't I?...Under their game-play he's more effective no doubt, I'm saying we need hard inside/ outside players atm not the Trav type. Loosing first use is killing us and he wouldn't improve that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back