Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jarrad Scholfields resume is looking very good at present as a future AFL coach

200 game player - was a skillful player

Premiership player at Pt Adelaide and now Premiership coach at Subiaco

If Menegola and Yarran who he both coached become good AFL players he is going to be in hot demand as an AFL coach

I think his coaching background is superior to say an assistant at an AFL club - so if that little high pitched - pip squeek stinks it up at Carlton - then who knows - they might still have a few brown paper bags left to get rid of him

Will have to get a gig in the level 4 accreditation course first.

Just reading in another forum about how someone thought that the winner of the Collingwood vs Hawthorn 11' PF would probably lose the GF because of the intensity of the game and it made me think:
Beating Collingwood was amazing but how sweet would it have been to knock off Hawthorn for the 2nd time in that finals series and erase some of those 08' demons....

Would've been awesome but knowing those pricks they probably would've pulled another 08 performance from their ass.

Happy to keep it that we smacked the pies in '11 :)

Yeah but wouldn't it be nice to finally beat them at the big dance and officially begin their slide down to HELL:)
No. Don't give them bastards a sniff, I'd be fearful on an 08' repeat

No. Don't give them bastards a sniff, I'd be fearful on an 08' repeat
Well i want to beat them while they're up, but yes there is that fear of going 0-2 and being responsible for giving them a 4peat

09 was a good year, I'd love a repeat of that year
R17 2009. Oh how I remember it like it was yesterday.

Down all day long sitting in the great southern stand, all and sundry quoting Jeffrey Kennett and his famous lines about Geelong as if gospel, only for the cats to storm home from 34 points down in the last, minus Scarlett, taylor and Harley to boot.

The arrogance emanating from those quoted lines replaced entirely by nothing more than sobbing tears on their phones as we put one of the last nails in their title defence coffin.

I might watch the game again now in fact :)

R17 2009. Oh how I remember it like it was yesterday.

Down all day long sitting in the great southern stand, all and sundry quoting Jeffrey Kennett and his famous lines about Geelong as if gospel, only for the cats to storm home from 34 points down in the last, minus Scarlett, taylor and Harley to boot.

The arrogance emanating from those quoted lines replaced entirely by nothing more than sobbing tears on their phones as we put one of the last nails in their title defence coffin.

I might watch the game again now in fact :)
That was the only game I went to that year. Was in an area surrounded by Hawks who would not shut the * up about 2008, but every single one of them left instantly when Bartel took that mark.

I remember reading the aftermath on the Bay and one poster (probably one of the usual flogs) was trying to claim that Stokes illegally shepherded Shiels (?) :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the only game I went to that year. Was in an area surrounded by Hawks who would not shut the **** up about 2008, but every single one of them left instantly when Bartel took that mark.

I remember reading the aftermath on the Bay and one poster (probably one of the usual flogs) was trying to claim that Stokes illegally shepherded Shiels (?) :straining:

Typical.

That's rich, Hawthorn made an art-form of it to such an extent in 2008 that it the umpires adjusted the ruling in 2009 (much like the deliberate rushed behind rule - Hawks really stretched the spirit of the game that year); part of their unsociable mandate.

That Rd17 2009 win definitely among my all-time favourite Geelong victories, would go close to being my fave H&A win.

Willo_ sure you aint at the AO..dead ringer for you I reckon sucking plenty of camera time in the crowd…

GO Catters

Willo_ sure you aint at the AO..dead ringer for you I reckon sucking plenty of camera time in the crowd…

GO Catters
That depends... If the fella is a devilishly handsome rouge then I could be

Otherwise no... I wish I was though

GO Catters
A) How are you watching the game overseas?
B) Nothing Geelong will do in my lifetime will be as frustrating as watching this team, we cannot bat, techniques are rubbish.

B) Nothing Geelong will do in my lifetime will be as frustrating as watching this team, we cannot bat, techniques are rubbish.

With great difficulty - I have to have a special dish from Direct tV to accept their international packages and Willow Cricket ( the channel that carries it) is buried in with all the Hindu and Indian channels. Plus its 15 a month after all the other stuff.

And then the Aust stuff gets preempted for ANY sub continent game so I have to watch it on my laptop thru their You tube channel.

And yes, we can't bat for s**t sometimes.

GO Catters

Yep, because batsmen are brought up on pitches that are flatter than the Hume Highway. They've had no need for technique when the pitches have been tailored to suit them.

It's no coincidence that after every man and his dog bludgeoned centuries on the footpaths dished up in the first two tests, but a lively pitch and swinging ball has exposed us in this test - and the Kiwi's too for that matter.

Yep, because batsmen are brought up on pitches that are flatter than the Hume Highway. They've had no need for technique when the pitches have been tailored to suit them.

It's no coincidence that after every man and his dog bludgeoned centuries on the footpaths dished up in the first two tests, but a lively pitch and swinging ball has exposed us in this test - and the Kiwi's too for that matter.
It will only get worse IMO, far far faaaarr too much value is put on that t20 crap where they play on roads with the boundaries brought right in.

No good for techniques or for mental application (patience)

Last edited:
It will only get worse IMO, far far faaaarr too much value is put on that t20 crap where they play on roads with the boundaries brought right in.

Shield pitches are too flat also and that is just as important in all this, these flaws are picked up at the lower level first, and they now have a points system to encourage aggressive cricket (on flat wickets no less) which is .01 for every run over 200 scored in the first 100 overs and first innings points are now gone, so teams don't care if they're behind at the halfway mark as long as they score quickly.

That surely can't help promoting a good temperament for prospective test batsmen.

While its a non football thread, we can do this…:D

Im old school who grew up on test cricket. I fully get the generational need to accelerate the game in the shorter forms to help invigorate the longer game. Need all 3 forms to survive but it can't be at the cost of the Test Cricketer's skills. The swinging ball, the wet green and dodgy pitches, SCG a turner, WACA a flying 160 bouncer fest, AO a turner.

It needs to remain. And Warner is the classic case. He came in blazing away but has moderated his efforts. Now he still gets all wide eyed at times but you aint getting 250 being rash.

All im getting at is at the junior levels the skills need to be taught and taught well. Everyone can know about cow corner and how to get there, but just don't need to visit it every over.

Go Aussies.

Driven by the crowd's craving for razzle dazzle.

And a result damn quick.

Society is in such a hurry these days.

While its a non football thread, we can do this…:D

Im old school who grew up on test cricket. I fully get the generational need to accelerate the game in the shorter forms to help invigorate the longer game. Need all 3 forms to survive but it can't be at the cost of the Test Cricketer's skills. The swinging ball, the wet green and dodgy pitches, SCG a turner, WACA a flying 160 bouncer fest, AO a turner.

It needs to remain. And Warner is the classic case. He came in blazing away but has moderated his efforts. Now he still gets all wide eyed at times but you aint getting 250 being rash.

All im getting at is at the junior levels the skills need to be taught and taught well. Everyone can know about cow corner and how to get there, but just don't need to visit it every over.

Go Aussies.

What.......Is there another shot??

Wish I'd known that when I played :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back