43. Johann Wagner
44. Tom Logan
45. Daniel Flynn
46. Sam Gray
47. Sam Russell
48. Nathan Krakouer
49. N/A
50. N/A

Additions at stage is Ryder, wonder if he'll ask Colquhoun if he can have 30 or would like number 4?

Plus Wagner onto the rookie list

Last edited:

reserving a number for the captain is a lot of wank, give it to someone else and then when wines takes over from boak in a few years if boak is still playing he gets his 10 back, simple.

amon might move up to 2 or 3, just guessing, ryder is a lock for four, i like 42 for jonas, sort of suits him to have a slightly different number. young may move up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young to 2 neade to 3 ryder to 4 and maybe Mitchell to 15 but im feeling a 2 vibe here lock it up surely. A while back I forgot who said it but they said wearing a lower number at the club is a sign of respect; this was when hartlett was given 8 Broadbent 5 and krakouer 7.

Lots of prime real estate this year with 2, 3, 4 and 15 all available, but not a lot in the way of high-profile acquisitions (apart from Ryder obviously) to fill it. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few players in the 30's and 40's move up. Maybe Neade to 2 and Hombsch to 3, with Ryder to 4. Both Neade and Hombsch have shown enough to be worthy of the change, but haven't been around long enough that it would be weird to see them in a different number. Seeing Jonas in anything other than 42 would freak me out, for example.

What number was Krak when he was last here?
29 and 7
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/club/history/past-players

Hombsch for 2(Like Wakelin)
Impey for 3
Ryder for 4 (Links with Wanganeen bringing him to the club, Big recruit)
Jonas for 15 (Wilsons number in the early years) or maybe Neade for 15 (D-Rods number)
Push Young up to 25
Rest of the free numbers to draftees. (Apart from 35 obviously)

Seeing Jonas in anything other than 42 would freak me out

I'd like to see Tom move up to 35, it's a significant number and he's a significant player.

Wow we are getting desperate ... post season is such a downer
At least post season provides optimism of change. Sucks when the season starts and your team is s**t though :)

Hopefully that won't happen to us :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back