NFL 2015 - Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Surf League ‏@wsl 6h6 hours ago
Hawaiian Marcus Mariota reportedly won't sign $20M @nfl contract because of no-surfing clause: http://bit.ly/NFLsurfing

There is information circling that Mariota is concerned about a clause in the contract that forbids him from surfing both during the season and during the offseason. Whilst this gives the Titans organization the feeling of security knowing their offensive centerpiece is not going to be subjected to an unnecessary risks, it may distract the player moving forward.
wtf
as they say, you're more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the beach than a shark attack.

If you're going to put a no-surf clause, may as well have a clause that says 'you must live in a bubble, never allowed to leave our stadium and can only play home games' as flying/driving to games is more risky for the guy than surfing.

wtf
as they say, you're more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the beach than a shark attack.

If you're going to put a no-surf clause, may as well have a clause that says 'you must live in a bubble, never allowed to leave our stadium and can only play home games' as flying/driving to games is more risky for the guy than surfing.
Nothing to do with dying, surfing is actually quite a dangerous sport from an injuries PoV.

Sort of understand it from a Titans perspective but not being able to do it in the offseason would be a killer.

Last edited:
wtf

I'd be surprised if all QB contracts didnt have a clause regarding these sort of activities, too bad 'no dancing like a *******' wasn't part of Mannings...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we are in championship contention until Peyton retires, then we have Brock and the only way is up?

Either way we won't drop as far as you are now

Touchy on NFLN's 'Tebow Day' are we? :)

I'm well aware of the current situation of both teams. 'Banter' mate.

I'd take Bridgewater for this season and their defence over the Broncos.
I've seen it all now

Do people seriously think Peyton is done?

Like I literally thought y'all were joking this whole time.

The dude was ******* INJURED. Before he got injured the first time he was still TOP 2 at a minimum.

Peyton is still a top 4 quarterback in this league. Denver was a top 3 defense last year, and is only going to improve this year!

The shortsightedness from Broncos haters is immense!

I've seen it all now

Do people seriously think Peyton is done?

Like I literally thought y'all were joking this whole time.

The dude was ******* INJURED. Before he got injured the first time he was still TOP 2 at a minimum.

Peyton is still a top 4 quarterback in this league. Denver was a top 3 defense last year, and is only going to improve this year!

The shortsightedness from Broncos haters is immense!
Not completely done, there will still be the flashes of brilliance from him but they will be few and far between. Especially later in the season.

In what world was Denver a top 3 defence?

You might need to take those glasses off.

Not completely done, there will still be the flashes of brilliance from him but they will be few and far between. Especially later in the season.

In what world was Denver a top 3 defence?

You might need to take those glasses off.
Don't worry about Peyton, we have a new coaching staff this year, one with a little knowhow. Peyton won't be overworked at all. In essence Peyton is just a bonus for this team. Our run game and defense are more than enough to take us to the promised land.

In the 2014 NFL season world
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

likewise

Don't worry about Peyton, we have a new coaching staff this year, one with a little knowhow. Peyton won't be overworked at all. In essence Peyton is just a bonus for this team. Our run game and defense are more than enough to take us to the promised land.

In the 2014 NFL season world
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

likewise
I'm not worried about Peyton, but what happens when you start seeing 8 man boxes against the run and Peyton has lost some of the zip in his arm? That's a terrible recipe to beating corners.

Using total yardage as an indicator for a top 3 defence?

It's a good defence, not top 3 but in the 5-10 range. Can it reach top 3 most definitely, was it top 3 last year? No.

Broncos will make playoffs, but won't be a Super Bowl threat.

I'm not worried about Peyton, but what happens when you start seeing 8 man boxes against the run and Peyton has lost some of the zip in his arm? That's a terrible recipe to beating corners.

Using total yardage as an indicator for a top 3 defence?

It's a good defence, not top 3 but in the 5-10 range. Can it reach top 3 most definitely, was it top 3 last year? No.

Broncos will make playoffs, but won't be a Super Bowl threat.
If you wanna stack 8 men in the box, go for it. Peyton's still got weapons to throw to.

Ok I agree re defense, but I certainly wouldn't take Minnesota's over ours.

It's shaping perfectly for the Broncos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back