List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe is a waste of coin. Not a game changer and not a structural player.

Hale was a structural player.

Dont underestimate the role Hale has played for us. He was instrumental in the 2013 premiership win. Good structural players that do their job with a minimum of fuss are crucial to success. Guys like Shiels, Stratton and Birchall typify this. Perhaps we are all too obsessed with the "big fish" recruit when we should have faith in the clubs ability to recruit guys like Hale and perhaps Howe on the cheap and make them major contributors.

Redden is a harmless accumulator. Sounds fair

Actually has far better tackling and contested possession stats than Suckers. Would be a good swap for us - however I think he's been linked with a homecoming before so I dare say he'll head to the Crows or Port.

Dont underestimate the role Hale has played for us. He was instrumental in the 2013 premiership win. Good structural players that do their job with a minimum of fuss are crucial to success. Guys like Shiels, Stratton and Birchall typify this. Perhaps we are all too obsessed with the "big fish" recruit when we should have faith in the clubs ability to recruit guys like Hale and perhaps Howe on the cheap and make them major contributors.

I know.

Haley was an exceptional player for us in 2012 & 2013 and played his role in 2014.

He's slowed, but his 100+ games in the brown and gold will never be forgotten by me.

I know.

Haley was an exceptional player for us in 2012 & 2013 and played his role in 2014.

He's slowed, but his 100+ games in the brown and gold will never be forgotten by me.
Has been a fantastic pick up, not one of the big names at the Hawks but a massive contributor with a great finals record. Will retire at seasons end and be sadly missed.

To be honest who's spot does Howe take? He is loose checking, roaming undersized tall back. He's not defensive enough to play Stratts role and to small to play Key back. The only way I'd see him getting a gig is through major re-shuffling of our forward line which we know Clarko could do considering how innovative he is.

Hale goes out, Howe comes in and we become a mid sized but dynamic forward line. That would leave us going with 1 legit ruckman and Ruffy chopping out.

Bruest - Gunston - Howe
Pop - Ruff - Cyril

You mean Jeremy "Birchall but takes marks" Howe?

Brisbane Lion Jack Redden has informed club of intentions to seek trade
  • September 01, 2015 6:40PM
CONTRACTED Lions midfielder Jack Redden has informed Brisbane of his intentions to seek a trade, adding more pain to the club’s horror season.

The 24-year-old is on Brisbane’s books until the end of next season but is looking for an early exit in October’s trade period.

Lions list manager Peter Schwab says the club has been informed of the plan but hope he will change his mind.

“Jack’s contracted to 2016, when he would be a free agent at the end of that period. I can tell you that he’s thinking of requesting to move. We’re reluctant on that,” Schwab told the AFL website.

“He’s an experienced player which we haven’t got many of, a 100-game player and [is] very popular around the club and a required player.

“When that happens it’s always disappointing. We’ll try and talk to Jack and see if we can change his mind, but if we can’t and that doesn’t happen then that gets the ball rolling and we’ll see what happens.”

As an eligible free agent after 2016, if Redden did stay at the club and then depart after the season, Brisbane would receive a compensation pick.

The request makes the Lions’ season go from bad from worse with the club also likely to lose midfielder James Aish and ruckman Matthew Leuenberger in the trade and free agency period

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ns-to-seek-trade/story-e6frf3e3-1227508206611

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy Howe is a waste of space.

Please don't take Jeremy Howe, Hawthorn.
I've spent a couple of years laughing at my Melbourne supporting mate, who thinks Howe is a star. I keep telling him Howe takes Mark of the Year each week, then makes Coach Killer with his following disposal.

I want Melbourne to keep him so I can stay on top!

Please don't take Jeremy Howe, Hawthorn.
I've spent a couple of years laughing at my Melbourne supporting mate, who thinks Howe is a star. I keep telling him Howe takes Mark of the Year each week, then makes Coach Killer with his following disposal.

I want Melbourne to keep him so I can stay on top!
He IS coming to Hawthorn, but Clarko will iron out the creases and make him a legitimate star!

The whole "big fish" talk seems to stem from Terry Wallace, who let's face it actually has no idea at all.
Hawthorn have been keen on trading future picks for many years, ever since Pelchen was there. So Wallace's logic was hopelessly flawed... again.

We all hope the club can land a big fish but let's not get our hearts set on Dangerfield then be disappointed when we end up with "only" Aish, for example.

Whatever the club does, their record is good and I will trust them.

Like many Hawk fans, I really hope we can somehow sign Dangerfield. He is a star who would improve our team. Plus it would be funny to see the reaction from Cats fans... ;)

Last year, Geelong embarrassed themseves by saying publicly that Frawley was their number one target and exactly the player they needed. Nek minnit, he signed with Hawthorn. Major egg on face for the Cats. :p

The very thought of Dangefield possibly signing with us will be enough to cause major heart tremors throughout Geelong. I suspect every time we are mentioned in the same breath as Danger, the Cats offer to him goes up by another 50 K. They could not bear to miss him now, after all the hype and all the anticipation.

Hawthorn know that selling the farm for one player does not work. Sydney / Buddy is living proof, and the Hawks were smart enough to let him go when the offer became ridiculous. I wonder if we are now "leaking" our interest just to push up the price the Cats will be willing to pay. Ultimately the Cats may win the battle to sign Dangerfield, but in doing so lose the war in the premiership race.

So even if Dangerfield does sign for Geelong, I will be comfortable that they have been forced to pay top dollar, and they will eventually suffer the consequences of that.

J Howe would be a turning point in our club, straight down hill! He is a country footballer playing in the big leagues cause he can take a mark.

His game plan is mark the ball and then kick it as far as he can.

Id love Redden if you could get him cheap, some opposition supporters would probably think Liam Sheils is just a harmless accumulator but we all know how good he is and I see a lot of Sheils in Redden.

Good size at 190cm, only 24, 130 odd games of experience, a tackling machine who finds plenty of the ball with neat skills, 2 years ago he looked as though he could be a very good player but like Brisbane I think his form has tapered the last 18 months.

Still averaging 24 disposals and 6 tackles a game this year, never going to be an A grader but can be solid B+ and a very reliable midfielder.

Wouldn't sell the ranch for him but would be a worthwhile pick up in my opinion, could be part of a good midfield group for 4-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back