List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So the Hawks are obviously keen.
The Dons are obviously keen.
Carlisle appears to be keen.

Is there any evidence that North are keen? Have your club said anything?

I understand the scepticism from some of you guys, all I can say is ask most Hawks fans - myself included - what we think of Jed so far and to a man it will be positive. The kid can genuinely play and has a good amount of aggro too.

We should help Saints get Carlisle if humanly possible and look for a more realistic Anderson deal separately. Don't want Carlisle going to Hawks or Richmond who we will compete against the short-term. Don't make your direct opposition stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn right I do.

Will play Round 1. Hard at the contest. Loves it. Smart around goals, fast, tough, skilful. Can get the footy and use it well. Basically another Taylor Garner who might be smarter around goals. You don't like the sound of that?
He has more of an outside game than Garner doesn't he?

Can the clowns that are harping on about 'paying overs' and 'disaster' please explain why its such a bad deal? Somebody posted before a list of number 15 picks going back the last 10 or so years. Taz and garner were probably the best of the bunch that was littered with duds and cloggers! Jed is excactly what we need for the now and is ready to go and young, are people really expecting a gun to walk into our team in a shallow draft at 15. I'll back the club in with this one thanks.

Can the clowns that are harping on about 'paying overs' and 'disaster' please explain why its such a bad deal? Somebody posted before a list of number 15 picks going back the last 10 or so years. Taz and garner were probably the best of the bunch that was littered with duds and cloggers! Jed is excactly what we need for the now and is ready to go and young, are people really expecting a gun to walk into our team in a shallow draft at 15. I'll back the club in with this one thanks.

There's rating the pick against the draft and rating it against the price you pay to your rivals.

Carlisle happy to play for Hawks? Not as dumb as he looks, then.

Anderson sounds like exactly what I and others keep wishing North would draft. He is 21. Just get on with it.

Btw, "strengthening the opposition" is a crock. You have to go through bloody good sides to win flags. This deal is not the difference that takes Hawks from beatable to unbeatable. We just need to get our own team stronger.

PS. Barrett can bite me. North are desperate and have to do something, this is something, so they are doing it. Makes Wallet sound like a Mensa candidate.

Last edited:
Admittedly I do like that, a lot actually. My only fear is pick 15, you don't think that's overs?
Probably slightly overs, but Anderson is a fantastic young player and he fills a big need for us. Has also had 3 years in the system and will be ready to fire come Round 1. Very happy to bring him in
Realistically, who else is there for us to get for our first rounder?

Think of it this way. We are aiming for a flag in the next 12-24 months. Would a kid new into the system help with that or would you rather a guy thats been in the system at a successful club who will strengthen us from the get go. Im all for the deal now.
Not only that: yes he has the ability to make an instant impact for us, but he's also young enough that he could be a 10 year player. It's not as is he's in his mid/late-20's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back