List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spitta2Azza is back. I hope all is coming together now mate after the difficult last few weeks. It will take time though so immerse yourself in this stuff. It will do many things including taking your mind off things a bit, sending you into fits of rage or just driving you to drink.

Wish I knew how I could copy you into this post.

Work ethic and being played slightly out of position are his two biggest knocks IMO. A fresh start at a new club could cure both.

He's one of the few I think could relatively flourish elsewhere. Harper, Mckenzie, and Daw are the others I could see drastically improving somewhere else (not necessarily for the same reasons though).
Its always interesting to speculate. Basti always looks like he is only going 95% - how do we get that extra 5%? Why haven't we?

To alter this a bit (and make it slightly more complicated) since I doubt the Pies would go for that:

Pies lose - Sidebottom, First Rounder, Second Rounder
Pies gain - Treloar, Aish, Brisbane's Third Rounder

Brisbane lose - Aish, Third Rounder
Brisbane gain - Bastinac, Black

GWS lose - Treloar
GWS gain - Pies' and North's First Rounders

North lose - Black, Bastinac, First Rounder
North gain - Sidebottom, Pies' Second Rounder

Brisbane possibly losing (could just drop their Third from the equation).

Who else thinks Collingwood is going to suck all the fun out of trade time, then 10 minutes before the end, pull out of all trades except Seedsman to Brisbane for a fourth rounder.

but okay for the fun of it, lets add Seedsman in to even it up for Brisbane, and I want to keep Basti and think his value on the market would be around our Second, (I value him higher;)).

Pies lose - Sidebottom, Seedsman, First Rounder, Second Rounder
Pies gain - Treloar, Aish, Brisbane's Third Rounder

Brisbane lose - Aish, Third Rounder
Brisbane gain - Seedsman, Black, North's Second Rounder

GWS lose - Treloar
GWS gain - Pies' and North's First Rounders

North lose - Black, First Rounder, Second Rounder
North gain - Sidebottom, Pies' Second Rounder

Can we throw Currie and Collingwood Second rounder to GC for their Second rounder? I know it is only 4 spots, probably about his value. :)

Lay off GR. He is the only poster participating in this thread who is posting sensible serious stuff (apart from me).

GR is winning Trade Week by the length of the straits at Bathurst and Flemington combined plus more.
Hey, I've been super cereal in this Fred.

Christopher Pyne has a penis?

Well i never.

Here i was thinking that Penny Wong was more of a man than him.

Why? Just because Penny Wong likes Paul Seedsman's hair?

So if Basti goes will we live to regret it? Just have this niggling feeling...........

Possibly. However, I doubt he will succeed unless he gets a better mix of inside/outside time. Fact is that he won't be granted said opportunity at North with Swallow, Ziebell, Cunnington, Jacobs in the side (with Dumont and co. coming through). It is best for both parties if we move on in my opinion.

I'm right. You're wrong.

giphy.gif

EFT (edited for translation aka removing the sugar-coat)

Spitta2Azza is back. I hope all is coming together now mate after the difficult last few weeks. It will take time though so immerse yourself in this stuff. It will do many things including taking your mind off things a bit, sending you into fits of rage or just driving you to drink.

Wish I knew how I could copy you into this post.

Thought popping into this thread would help ease my mind a little bit.

Nope.

Its always interesting to speculate. Basti always looks like he is only going 95% - how do we get that extra 5%? Why haven't we?

Personally I see him going at about 90% on the field more often than not. Makes you wonder what % he's running on at training.

As for the reason? I don't know, every player is different. Might just be as simple as he sees Footy as more of a job than most and just doesn't have the care factor or drive of some others. Maybe he's been carrying an injury or something. We make a lot of assumptions about these blokes, too many IMO. Maybe it's as simple as Basti has reached his peak much earlier than others.

I think trading him is best for both parties (given our midfield depth), but I agree there's a good chance he goes up another level elsewhere.

Is is what it is. Life isn't fair, and there's no point pretending it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly. However, I doubt he will succeed unless he gets a better mix of inside/outside time. Fact is that he won't be granted said opportunity at North with Swallow, Ziebell, Cunnington, Jacobs in the side (with Dumont and co. coming through). It is best for both parties if we move on in my opinion.

who is the and co?

Ummmm, I wouldn't care if i was playing for Manangatang 2nd's if I hopped into bed with her everynight.

View attachment 182145
all I can see is Collingwood emblems, and some reserve grade footballer, that must be so excited that Treloar and Aish are coming to Collingwood the prime example of a club looking down the barrel of mediocrity, and pulling itself out of it with a high performance culture of accountability.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back