2015 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought #26 is about his market value. Greenwood went for #25, Bell #31(using the points system) and Redden #17. I would have thought 26 is pretty fair.

North want Aish, thats pretty clear.

It will take an exceptional offer to make anything for Aish fall before Thursday. Accepting 26 or even considering it would be counter productive.

Worst case for us if everything falls over we retain a contracted player.

I would have thought #26 is about his market value. Greenwood went for #25, Bell #31(using the points system) and Redden #17. I would have thought 26 is pretty fair.
Greenwood was uncontracted and last years draft was far stronger. Points system is largely irrelevant for teams without academies.

North want Aish, thats pretty clear.

It will take an exceptional offer to make anything for Aish fall before Thursday. Accepting 26 or even considering it would be counter productive.

Worst case for us if everything falls over we retain a contracted player.
The issue with coming on to this board and talking tough on a trade is that most of us really don't care all that much whether Bastinac comes or not. I'd say he is seen as a "nice to have" but the place is hardly bubbling with excitement over this possible trade.

So, if your ultimatum is "fine, we'll keep him then", I'd suggest most supporters will respond with indifference.

Of course, I don't make decisions for the club so my views are largely irrelevant. But that goes both ways. Your views on what your club would or wouldn't accept are just as irrelevant.

The issue with coming on to this board and talking tough on a trade is that most of us really don't care all that much whether Bastinac comes or not. I'd say he is seen as a "nice to have" but the place is hardly bubbling with excitement over this possible trade.

So, if your ultimatum is "fine, we'll keep him then", I'd suggest most supporters will respond with indifference.

Of course, I don't make decisions for the club so my views are largely irrelevant. But that goes both ways. Your views on what your club would or wouldn't accept are just as irrelevant.

Yes agree totally, just throwing out a perspective from our side.

The longer it drag the greater the chance o Aish coming to us.

Average deals for Basti will still be there late Thursday, no rush from our side.

I'd love to get Bastinac in the team. I rate him a better player than Bell!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back