Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article in The West about how wet Subi surface was for the Collingwood game .
Fasolo stated how strange it was as a West Australian boy that he found the dewy and so wet "it ended up being wet weather footy for most of the game."
RTB was very critical of players wearing moulded soles and not screw ins like Cameron Sutcliff because of the ground conditions.

Interesting article in The West about how wet Subi surface was for the Collingwood game .
Fasolo stated how strange it was as a West Australian boy that he found the dewy and so wet "it ended up being wet weather footy for most of the game."
RTB was very critical of players wearing moulded soles and not screw ins like Cameron Sutcliff because of the ground conditions.
Someone mentioned to me that they heard the sprinklers were on before you game - but only around the boundary.

I think rtb mentioned something about the varying levels of dewiness in his post game presser

Someone mentioned to me that they heard the sprinklers were on before you game - but only around the boundary.

I think rtb mentioned something about the varying levels of dewiness in his post game presser

We walked across the ground after the game to try and get Gil off the ground and into the Billy Walker room.

I couldn't believe how wet and slippery it was, especially around the boundary line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much to report from today's session. It was wet and the skills seemed pretty good. There were a few dropped marks here and there but a lot better than has been seen during games in recent weeks.

The WAFL group consisted of the usual suspects with anyone with any chance of getting a game this week training with the main group. Judging from today I would guess 2 or 3 of Clarke, Mzungu, Duffield and Tabs will be in.

Tabs was great today with the wet ball. He was clunking marks and hitting up leads although not a lot of pressure was put on him in marking contests.

Dawson played on Sandi for a bit in the match sims and took a nice 1 handed grab. Apparently he said he should be okay in 2 weeks.

Not much to report from today's session. It was wet and the skills seemed pretty good. There were a few dropped marks here and there but a lot better than has been seen during games in recent weeks.

The WAFL group consisted of the usual suspects with anyone with any chance of getting a game this week training with the main group. Judging from today I would guess 2 or 3 of Clarke, Mzungu, Duffield and Tabs will be in.

Tabs was great today with the wet ball. He was clunking marks and hitting up leads although not a lot of pressure was put on him in marking contests.

Dawson played on Sandi for a bit in the match sims and took a nice 1 handed grab. Apparently he said he should be okay in 2 weeks.

Very timely for Dawson.

One thing I forgot to mention on Thursday that I just remembered is that after training, Son Son and Chopper were out on the ground having a kick with a couple of young boys who would have been maybe 10yo. I think they were from the bush and I just wanted to give kudos to Sonny and Chopper for taking that bit of time out to make those boys day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back