Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to get an Idea of what people would be willing to give up for Jaeger O'Meara, I personally would be using our first pick 1/2 as a starting point.

think we're a genuine shot at him, if he wants to come to Vic

You're kidding right?? We would give up a pick 1/2 for a kid that hasn't lived up to his own draft selection (apparently would of gone 1 in his actual draft year). At best he's done what a pick 1 should do, but, now there is risk with his injuries and attitude. No thanks.

Right now, we Can't and won't trade any of our first round picks for the next couple of years, and just on O'Mera, despite the fact I am certain the club isn't interested in trading for him, if he has already quit on GC and shopping himself to Vic clubs, he is nothing more than a mercenary, and really, we don't need those type of people at our footy club anymore.

O'Meara is damaged goods, and any club that ends up selling the farm to get him will regret it.

As a mobile chf, Cas bludges.

Complicates the forward line.......hope he does well.......but, but...............Hawthorn were running a 78 kilo chf in Gunston.........and he does alright.

An active forward he certainly is not. Definitely don't see repeat leads, doubling back etc. Kinda waits for the ball to come to him and then just plucks it.

I don't think he's lazy, coz he will run up the wing for a bail out mark.

I suspect he just isn't a natural forward. If he was, he'd be as effective as Cloke (yeah yeah, we can laugh, but he's been one of the better CHFs for years).

I hope new coaches can get the most out of him. Coz getting him involved in the play more would deliver a decent amount of (shots on) goals.

You're kidding right?? We would give up a pick 1/2 for a kid that hasn't lived up to his own draft selection (apparently would of gone 1 in his actual draft year). At best he's done what a pick 1 should do, but, now there is risk with his injuries and attitude. No thanks.

Disagree.

Jaeger's first season he won the rising star, averaging a couple less touches than cripps had this year, a few less clearances, slightly more tackles and 10 more goals over the year. Seriously impressive season. And Crippa's season was insane.

Followed it up with similar numbers second year, so no fluke.

Sure, 143% of people know that stats can be misleading, but he's performing about Max what you'd expect from a pick #1 this early.

He's smooth, got skills and is pretty tough for a silky player. Should get better.

Id pass on injury concerns and maybe trade cost, but I don't think you can question the talent or output to date.

What's Casboult pass mark goal wise if healthy this year? I don't think 2 a game would be asking to much.
Yeah it's a really good question because I think that 'pass mark' is dependant on how we play under a new coach, how our midfield improves or changes and whether the delivery is better or worse than last year.

I will say this for Cas - he straightens the team up. I know Malthouse liked to kick long and that plan contributes to what I'm about to describe, but when Cas missed a few games we looked terrible. I remember there being a pretty heated debate about whether Cas deserved to be in the team because he was having a run of ordinary games, but as soon as he was out for a few weeks, there seemed like there was even less structure than before.

Whether that's a failing of the game plan and coach or a positive for the presence of Casboult, I don't know.

An active forward he certainly is not. Definitely don't see repeat leads, doubling back etc. Kinda waits for the ball to come to him and then just plucks it.

I don't think he's lazy, coz he will run up the wing for a bail out mark.

I suspect he just isn't a natural forward. If he was, he'd be as effective as Cloke (yeah yeah, we can laugh, but he's been one of the better CHFs for years).

I hope new coaches can get the most out of him. Coz getting him involved in the play more would deliver a decent amount of (shots on) goals.
I think he is a natural forward, but he has always naturally been a whole lot bigger than his opposition. So his default mindset is to call for it long and go up for a grab, rather than leading and finding space. He's probably been used to towering over everyone and being totally unmovable as a junior and even to an extent at AFL level. Plus, he has a phenomenal leap for a 100+kg guy, and hands like buckets.

s**t, if I had his physical ability, I'd probably say 'to hell with running' too! lol

As a mobile chf, Cas bludges.

He's a pack mark, pure and simple, leading mark, no way. Levi marks the ball and the game stops, he fluffs it and the rebound kills us.

Complicates the forward line.......hope he does well.......but, but...............Hawthorn were running a 78 kilo chf in Gunston.........and he does alright.

Yeah I'm hoping Cas fires...but i won't be surprised if he doesn't fit Boltons gameplan.

Cats doesn't have great agility, therefore he is 100% mark and goal player...he gets no goals at all in general play and from crumbs etc where a Roughead would crumb his own contest and snap a goal. So that is very limiting and potentially costly in high stakes pressure games.

Right now, we Can't and won't trade any of our first round picks for the next couple of years, and just on O'Mera, despite the fact I am certain the club isn't interested in trading for him, if he has already quit on GC and shopping himself to Vic clubs, he is nothing more than a mercenary, and really, we don't need those type of people at our footy club anymore.

O'Meara is damaged goods, and any club that ends up selling the farm to get him will regret it.

Fact DVB?

Cats doesn't have great agility, therefore he is 100% mark and goal player...he gets no goals at all in general play and from crumbs etc where a Roughead would crumb his own contest and snap a goal. So that is very limiting and potentially costly in high stakes pressure games.

tumblr_myo86qSk9X1rx5st2o1_250.gif

Fact DVB?

It's a fact that DVB is certain the club isn't interested in trading for him, but DVB's certainty is based on an opinion. :)

It's a fact that DVB is certain the club isn't interested in trading for him, but DVB's certainty is based on an opinion. :)

Well that's what my friend (who does have serious contacts inside the club) told me last Friday. Its speculation based on what I consider to be very reliable intel.

I don't think we'll bring in any big names via the trade period to be honest, and that's fine, we shouldn't be going around trying to lure a big fish so early in our rebuild.

Well that's what my friend (who does have serious contacts inside the club) told me last Friday. Its speculation based on what I consider to be very reliable intel.

I think the point is DVB, that if your friend spoke to SOS directly it is still heresay on here. You speaking to your friend, who spoke to a contact inside the club, who spoke to SOS is something else again.

I don't think we are going to do much to sell the farm unless that player is elite and helps our structure and we won't want to pay overs salary wise. Quite a lot of posters know someone at the club or know someone who knows someone at the club, yet things change and sometimes we play our cards close to our chest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the point is DVB, that if your friend spoke to SOS directly it is still heresay on here. You speaking to your friend, who spoke to a contact inside the club, who spoke to SOS is something else again.

I don't think we are going to do much to sell the farm unless that player is elite and helps our structure and we won't want to pay overs salary wise. Quite a lot of posters know someone at the club or know someone who knows someone at the club, yet things change and sometimes we play our cards close to our chest.
I don't know anyone at the club or anyone who knows anyone at the club. I've met heaps of the boys and a couple of coaches, but have zero contacts/sources... So if I ever post that I have some inside info, I'm lying....

I don't know anyone at the club or anyone who knows anyone at the club. I've met heaps of the boys and a couple of coaches, but have zero contacts/sources... So if I ever post that I have some inside info, I'm lying....

My sources have already told me that.

Can we please stop bashing people for providing rumours. Thats what this thread is, if someone no matter how unreliable the source is hears something and posts it. I would like to hear it.

If we just attack everyone whos posts rumours, this thread wouldnt exist

I don't know either way whether we're interested in O'meara, but when I look at Hawthorn's up and comers, I do feel a but anxious. Not necessarily superstars, but you can see how 'soldiers' like O'rourke, Sicily, Shoenmakers, hartung etc, will slot into replace injuries, retirements etc. They may not be upgrades on the existing 22, but you can see how they could sustain the structure and the gameplan that had been so effective. I wonder if we won't tend towards a similar trade/draft strategy, rather than hunting the big guns. On the other hand, if he came cheap enough, O'meara would be a ripper!

Can we please stop bashing people for providing rumours. Thats what this thread is, if someone no matter how unreliable the source is hears something and posts it. I would like to hear it.

This happens to be the List Management thread.

Can you point out the bashing? A little bit of byplay about the use of the word 'fact' is all that occurred.

Leakers are fine.

But they deserve to be called out when they get things spectacularly wrong like the Boyd To Carlton done deal. Or this year's wishful thinking, was ne'er gonna happen, over Adam Tomlinson.

So, who will finish higher on the ladder out of GWS, Collingwood, or Geelong?
Say whoever it is finishes 7th, would Carlton supporters entertain the trade of #1 or #2 for Ward, Tomlinson, and their pick #11?
We go to draft with #11 and #19 or #20 still.

Haha... Wishful thinking I know

I don't know either way whether we're interested in O'meara, but when I look at Hawthorn's up and comers, I do feel a but anxious. Not necessarily superstars, but you can see how 'soldiers' like O'rourke, Sicily, Shoenmakers, hartung etc, will slot into replace injuries, retirements etc. They may not be upgrades on the existing 22, but you can see how they could sustain the structure and the gameplan that had been so effective. I wonder if we won't tend towards a similar trade/draft strategy, rather than hunting the big guns. On the other hand, if he came cheap enough, O'meara would be a ripper!

I disagree with your points on the Hawks boys and feel the hawks list will fall off like has Geelongs when the inevitable happens and Hodge and mitchel retire, Lewis gets older. While i agree these players are good in the current team structure don't forget they play for the best team and when the team starts to slip behind we will see if they are quality or they were just good because everyone else was.

So, who will finish higher on the ladder out of GWS, Collingwood, or Geelong?
Say whoever it is finishes 7th, would Carlton supporters entertain the trade of #1 or #2 for Ward, Tomlinson, and their pick #11?
We go to draft with #11 and #19 or #20 still.

Haha... Wishful thinking I know

Why ward? Isn't he kinda old for what we are trying to do? They have a few young mids out of contract that you could add

Leakers are fine.

But they deserve to be called out when they get things spectacularly wrong like the Boyd To Carlton done deal. Or this year's wishful thinking, was ne'er gonna happen, over Adam Tomlinson.

The Tomlinson one was a goer. Just fell short.

Yeah, good points there. Hope you're right too, sick of the Hawks' hegemony.

I disagree with your points on the Hawks boys and feel the hawks list will fall off like has Geelongs when the inevitable happens and Hodge and mitchel retire, Lewis gets older. While i agree these players are good in the current team structure don't forget they play for the best team and when the team starts to slip behind we will see if they are quality or they were just good because everyone else was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back