List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion II - Draft Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see us passing on Tom Lamb despite his apparent 'flogginess". We were keen on him first time around - we've followed his progress and invited him to train.

I reckon if he pops his head up this afternoon before 5.00PM and the flowing locks are gone - lock him in!!!

My brother-in-law had a chat to Tom on the weekend. Tom said that he would rather play VFL this year than be rookied by West Coast and have to go back to WA to play. I'm not sure if that means he isn't hellbent on an AFL career, or that he wasn't happy in Perth and therefore didn't play to his potential over there. Maybe a bit of both...

Either way, the risk with selecting him is all to do with his attitude, not his ability (or his freakish athleticism).

If the club believes it can harness his obvious talent, then I have little doubt they will select him this arvo. If they believe his attitude is too 'set-in-stone' then they'll pass.

Doubt we'll get a spud from the WAFL tbh.

With all due respect it's a fairly shite league.

Either we'll get Lamb or a kid overlooked from the TAC cup

Rarely do players from scrub leagues manage to make it in the AFL.

Remember that forward who looked like Plugger in the SANFL, delisted this year :thumbsdown:

the irony in what you post and i'm sure you dont even realise it

1) tom lamb is a WAFL player
2) blake acres was a WAFL player. Luke Dunstan a SANFL player. i'm guessing they're spuds as well from an inferior league?
3) Aaron Naughton a WAFL player went at Pick 9... if he's from such an inferior league, why is his senior football so highly rated and used as evidence on his ability to play round 1 compared to other players in the same draft? geeze these recruiters must be spuds too be selecting him before the key defenders from the VFL
4) there is only one brownlow medalist from the rookie list, guess what league he was recruited from?

which makes me think you're having a cheap laugh. which i hope is the case, or you're just coming off looking pretty ****ing stupid

Last edited:
There is a difference though.

Lamb was on an AFL list and trained with the AFL team rather than play WAFL exclusively and train with whatever club Eagles are with (Peal I think).

Also, if you talk to any Eagles supporters they tell you he tried for 10 minutes and got no reward for his running he shut up shop. Not exactly the type of player West Coast would play regularly.

That being said West Coast did offer him a contract so even after all this they still rated him.

If we're offering Lewie Pierce a rookie spot, we can do a lot worse than Tom Lamb
Peel are Freo's team ... East Perth are the Eagles team

from my understanding Lamb chucked the shits cause it didnt really matter what he did he was constantly being overlooked .. players like wellingham , Masten, Jetta and Josh Hill .. heck even Darling were stinking it up but would retain their spot mayber get a token game in WAFL only to get right back in ... his attitude was pretty poor but at the same time he wasnt really looked after well...
personally i think he is the blueprint of what the rookie draft should be .. a change of environment a change of peers working around with you and i reckon he will reach his potential

There are two kinds of people in this world: Followers & Leaders.

About 500 years ago the Greeks believed planets & stars were part of God’s realm. It took someone to challenge this statement & discover the laws of gravity.

What a boring world we would exist in if we didn’t (correction - failed to) challenge ideas.

gringo2011 is BF’s Sir Issac Newton

No, we all need to counter punch misery in the face. Otherwise this forum would become unbearable. All I'm saying is instead of name calling just put forth your alternative (brighter?) point of view. That's what I want to read.

;)
I will do that from now on you dumb flog.. oops

About 500 years ago the Greeks believed planets & stars were part of God’s realm. It took someone to challenge this statement & discover the laws of gravity.

What a boring world we would exist in if we didn’t (correction - failed to) challenge ideas.

Was Isaac Newton also an annoying campaigner?

;)

2) blake acres was a WAFL player. Luke Dunstan a SANFL player. i'm guessing they're spuds as well from an inferior league?
3) Aaron Naughton a WAFL player went at Pick 9... if he's from such an inferior league, why is his senior football so highly rated and used as evidence on his ability to play round 1 compared to other players in the same draft? geeze these recruiters must be spuds too be selecting him before the key defenders from the VFL

which makes me think you're having a cheap laugh. which i hope is the case, or you're just coming off looking pretty ******* stupid
All of those players were or became AFL listed players not shit campaigners from inferior leagues.

Fmd how did this become about Gringo?

At least he's the only one to put his hand up and admit it. And all respect to him for that.

Yes but I'm not melting.

And besides I have never denied an individual's right to act like a moron.
No you haven't, you have lead by example

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive got a feeling that in a couple of yrs time Billings will be our best player by a country mile.
Yeah we have other good kids but Billings seems to have a bit more class.
Thats my opinion anyway.

This year was the first time I thought that. Finally understood what all the hype was about (not that I thought he was a dud or anything). Sitting almost right behind him when he kicked that goal against West Coast was magnificent (if he'd have kicked a point, I reckon West Coast was 50-50 to win it as they'd been killing us from the back half).

So let the misery run free you’re saying?

Bugger that, when someone is carrying on & dragging down what should be an exciting time of the year then they should get called out.

Especially when their whining is misplaced & coming from a position of ignorance.

Freedom of Opinions goes both ways. Whine by all means but don’t get all upset when someone pulls you up on it.

Oh yeah, hope we get Lamb or a left field selection... Crameri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah agree, I don't mind if people have a melt - that's half the fun of this joint. But if it is repetitive melting over & over on the same topic then no issue if someone pulls them up.

Was Isaac Newton also an annoying campaigner?

;)

Many believed so, especially those associated with the church as Newton’s theories challenged the bible.

A lot of people don’t like it when something they are indoctrinated to believing in is challenged. It invokes fear. The natural human emotional response to fear is aggression.

which makes me think you're having a cheap laugh. which i hope is the case, or you're just coming off looking pretty ******* stupid

You cannot compare kids to a guy who has been in the system 2 years. The WAFL is like the VFL, pretty average and few make it. The kids play there because they don't have a TAC cup like we do in Victoria. Few make it from any of those lowere leagues because its pretty bloody poor compared to the AFL and probably even the tac cup especially the top players from that comp.

Yup just like those shit campaigners Weller and Milne

Milne wasn't delisted so some facts would be good and yes a few make it but most mentioned don't even get drafted. Where is Talia now? Probably 100 mentioned this year and three maybe drafted by clubs. You can always find one example to prove one can make it but you could find hundreds who don't because they aren't even drafted. And by the way did Weller play one game in 2 years? Find me a few of those and I will listen.

At least he's the only one to put his hand up and admit it. And all respect to him for that.

Quite easily really.

He has made a number of non conformist statements. You have broadly attacked those views & by extension the author of those views (gringo).

I enjoy a variety of opinions because it provokes thought.

As always, attack the opinion, not the poster.

Milne wasn't delisted so some facts would be good and yes a few make it but most mentioned don't even get drafted. Where is Talia now? Probably 100 mentioned this year and three maybe drafted by clubs. You can always find one example to prove one can make it but you could find hundreds who don't because they aren't even drafted. And by the way did Weller play one game in 2 years? Find me a few of those and I will listen.
Dont really think you would listen to anything that goes against your mindset.

Did we pick up Talia? And I suppose Milne couldnt be delisted as he was never on Essendons list

All of those players were or became AFL listed players not shit campaigners from inferior leagues.

and if we select a player from the WAFL i'm guessing he's re-classified from "shit campaigner from inferior leagues" to "AFL Listed"

I don't know how, but I seem to have come to represent the melters and negatives on this forum. In real life I'm super stable and keep my powder dry better than anyone I know. I don't know what the **** happens in front of a keyboard. I wouldn't have admitted anything except for the fact that every second thing I type makes me look mentally unstable, I might as well own it.

Nah he is a mumny's boy sook who sleeps with the light on.

A Bairstow headbutt would knock him out.

Don't say mean things about Trout.

Yeah agree, I don't mind if people have a melt - that's half the fun of this joint. But if it is repetitive melting over & over on the same topic then no issue if someone pulls them up.

I don't even know who was supposed to be melting? He was jumping at shadows complaining about all the negativity that didn't seem to be still happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back