Draft Review 2017 - Revisit the 2017 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong did really really well with the picks they had. Lachy Fogarty and Constable are both very safe picks and will have long AFL careers. Tim Kelly and Gryan Miers have x factor and potential to be stars. They'd be stoked with that hall considering their first pick wasn't until 22.

Saints did really well too, all 4 of their picks have elite traits.

Winners
Saints - added 3 great young players, Clark and Coffield make there list look much better and add some real class.
Blues - turbo charged our midfield, LOB ball uses is awesome.
Kangas - I know they rated Dow at one, but LDU is just about the best they realistically could of hoped for, pretty good consolation prize.

Losers
Freo - with the picks they had, should have done much better, wouldn't have taken Brayshaw in the top 10
Swans - two pretty big reaches IMO.

Last edited:
Winners
Saints - added 3 great young players, Clark and Coffield make there list look much better and add some really class.
Kangas - I know they rated Dow at one, but LDU is better
Losers
Freo - with the picks they had, should have done much better, wouldn't have taken Brayshaw in the top 10
FTFY

YOU'RE A COHERENCY!
Let's fight.

hqdefault.jpg

Ahahahahahaha Richmond have arse pounded the rest of the comp....got away with murder with Higgins at pick 17 plus Balta, Coleman-Jones and Naish so late...not to mention Miller

Thanks for coming :thumbsu:
Love your drafting.
Steals and late pick gems. And all fill needs.
Your forward line is well stocked now. CCJ and Miller are great pickups.

Higgins - pure class.
Balta - Gun.
Naish is a nice little pickup too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Garlett plays to his potential he is effectively another first rounder added to Dow and Obrien. It's a huge if, I'm more excited with him than I am with our earlier selections. Could really make or break the draft for us.
one of two ways really.
Fails to make the AFL standard again, or he does and you have a steal.
Garlett and Pickett looked great in their draft years

Winners
Saints - added 3 great young players, Clark and Coffield make there list look much better and add some really class.
Kangas - I know they rated Dow at one, but LDU is just about the best they realistically could of hoped for, pretty good consolation prize.

Losers
That you SOS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back