Universal Love 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I sit in the Eastern Stand row Q and our row ten seats in from the aisle are all season ticket holders but the row in front of us and behind us change every week and must be daily tickets or upgrades... its kinda weird.

Tiger currently have flights to Melbourne grandfinal weekend eg Friday morning till sunday morning at $68 each way

Has anyone bought flights to the grandfinal before round 1 before and is that so cheap that it's worth biting the bullet?

In Round 6 2017 (we were 6-0) I booked a cheap $49 return flight home from Melbourne for the day after the Grand final. I figured if it ran late then I wouldn't care, as long as I got over there on time.

In about Round 18 2017 (the night we beat Geelong at home to go two games clear on top?) I shelled out $150 for a Qantas flight over for the Friday night before the Grand Final. It was a pretty good risk in the end - that same flight was $650 during Grand final week!

Overall, I was happy with doing it. Will do the same again if we're in the same position in future.

No way I'd book a Tiger or Jetstar flight to get there, though. Only home.

In Round 6 2017 (we were 6-0) I booked a cheap $49 return flight home from Melbourne for the day after the Grand final. I figured if it ran late then I wouldn't care, as long as I got over there on time.

In about Round 18 2017 (the night we beat Geelong at home to go two games clear on top?) I shelled out $150 for a Qantas flight over for the Friday night before the Grand Final. It was a pretty good risk in the end - that same flight was $650 during Grand final week!

Overall, I was happy with doing it. Will do the same again if we're in the same position in future.

No way I'd book a Tiger or Jetstar flight to get there, though. Only home.

I went the 6:10 Jetstar (approx) redeye grand final morning. Think I paid $79 at round 6. Kind of though they would not want to cancel or delay a grand final day flight. The backlash would have been huge. Felt confident.

I booked an AirBNB after we beat Geelong in round 18, and planned to drive over. Was feeling super confident it was our year. Just made sure I found one with a cancel 1 week before option if needed. What I didn't know at the time was we were going to meet Richmond in the GF.. My AirBNB was in Richmond.. :sick:

Tiger currently have flights to Melbourne grandfinal weekend eg Friday morning till sunday morning at $68 each way

Has anyone bought flights to the grandfinal before round 1 before and is that so cheap that it's worth biting the bullet?

I’d book if I were you. Go anyway. A weekend in Melbourne is always good value, would be huge GF weekend.

Probably an obvious answer but I'm 5 beers deep - I'm going to purchase 3 GA tickets for round 1 with my member barcode - will that have any bearing on my brother - who is actually using the ticket - getting into the game?
The only time I’ve ever seen someone being asked for ID was cause they were using concession tickets.

Probably an obvious answer but I'm 5 beers deep - I'm going to purchase 3 GA tickets for round 1 with my member barcode - will that have any bearing on my brother - who is actually using the ticket - getting into the game?

I can transfer my 2 AO memberships to you. I think I normally sell them to Paladin for $40 each. Just need the ticket name and an email address. I’ve always just used his name for both and there’s never been a problem. AO memberships access all of GA I think, but best to check that. The only time it gets a bit complicated is if someone upgrades to a seat (Froggy did this) and that ticket then needs to be collected. I’ve got to send through a copy of my licence and the front of the cc that paid for the ticket with an authority letter for someone to collect on my behalf. Even though the system cancels my barcode and knows that I’ve transferred the game access out, any physical collection is still in my name. Otherwise, it’s a good system.

I might have to ring the club to get confirmation but I get confused with all these things as I've never really dealt with memberships for that long and I've never had to worry about not getting into games at Melbourne even if I rock up literally last minute

I have a Victorian Membership - My package says I get access to 3 games at Adelaide Oval (not showdowns)

There are two carloads of us coming over from Melbourne for the Hawks, 8 in total

I got 4 tickets the other day with my member barcode so need 4 more once general release sale opens (we're all just GA on the hill)

But would one of those 4 tickets I bought count as one of my 3 access games? Or did I get 4 more tickets on top of my membership? (effectively 5 tickets which means only three more to get?)

I might have to ring the club to get confirmation but I get confused with all these things as I've never really dealt with memberships for that long and I've never had to worry about not getting into games at Melbourne even if I rock up literally last minute

I have a Victorian Membership - My package says I get access to 3 games at Adelaide Oval (not showdowns)

There are two carloads of us coming over from Melbourne for the Hawks, 8 in total

I got 4 tickets the other day with my member barcode so need 4 more once general release sale opens (we're all just GA on the hill)

But would one of those 4 tickets I bought count as one of my 3 access games? Or did I get 4 more tickets on top of my membership? (effectively 5 tickets which means only three more to get?)

If you used your barcode at the sale, then it will count as one game from your 3 games, but that one ticket will have been cheaper because it's classified as an upgrade. So you now have 2 games left on your GA membership. On the day you need to use that Ticketek ticket, not your membership card.

Just an FYI for any essential Crows member, the daily reserved seats in the Western Grandstand have increased, Level 2 seating now $35.00, Level 3 & 4 seating now $30.00!
IIRC in 2017 (can’t recall 2018 pricing), Level 2 was $20.00 and Level 3 & 4 was $15.00, talk about a price hike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just an FYI for any essential Crows member, the daily reserved seats in the Western Grandstand have increased, Level 2 seating now $35.00, Level 3 & 4 seating now $30.00!
IIRC in 2017 (can’t recall 2018 pricing), Level 2 was $20.00 and Level 3 & 4 was $15.00, talk about a price hike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
it is a joke. at AAMi it was $8.

not sure what has made it do expensive :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm an Adelaide Oval Footy Member (AOFM), and today I jumped on Ticketek to get some guest tickets for some of the Crows games in the Western Stand for a friend and their child. It's now $75 for an Adult & $30 for a Junior (under 15) for guest access plus $35 each for a reserve seat (level 2). I almost had a heart attack. I don't remember how much the equivalent tickets were last year but that seems way too much. It's becoming a money grab, not to mention the food/drink prices....

The Guest tickets for AOFM's for Port games is only $45 per Adult and $15 for a Junior, and $20 for a reserve seat upgrade (level 2). That's a huge discrepancy between Port and Crows games in the same stadium.

The problem is, if you don't get a reserve seat upgrade then AOFM's need to line up before the gates open to get a decent seat.

I'm an Adelaide Oval Footy Member (AOFM), and today I jumped on Ticketek to get some guest tickets for some of the Crows games in the Western Stand for a friend and their child. It's now $75 for an Adult & $30 for a Junior (under 15) for guest access plus $35 each for a reserve seat (level 2). I almost had a heart attack. I don't remember how much the equivalent tickets were last year but that seems way too much. It's becoming a money grab, not to mention the food/drink prices....

The Guest tickets for AOFM's for Port games is only $45 per Adult and $15 for a Junior, and $20 for a reserve seat upgrade (level 2). That's a huge discrepancy between Port and Crows games in the same stadium.

The problem is, if you don't get a reserve seat upgrade then AOFM's need to line up before the gates open to get a decent seat.
As do AFC Essential Crow Members

I booked an AirBNB after we beat Geelong in round 18, and planned to drive over. Was feeling super confident it was our year. Just made sure I found one with a cancel 1 week before option if needed. What I didn't know at the time was we were going to meet Richmond in the GF.. My AirBNB was in Richmond.. :sick:
Yep, most accommodation (hotels too) you can book with a free cancellation just after the Prelim (so you know by then).

Anyone else get sick of how often the club calls asking to buy lottery tickets?

Set up a website, have good prizes and i'll buy when I feel like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back