Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't entertain the prospect because he doesn't fill a need.

I feel like we missed the boat on getting George, Clarke or Kostanty which is getting urgent up forward with an ageing Breust and Brocky having an uncertain future.

We're at the acquire talent stage, not the plug holes stage

Keep the melts coming!!!!

I am crying tears of joy!

Happy Little Kids GIF by NBC

Hmmm... I'll trust.

But a back? Gee

Mackenzie must have been told his job is on the line if he doesnt take 2x 1st rounders :drunk: does that send scrim forward? Dare I say Sicily? Gosh

Very surprised. I'm guessing we will see
Day locked in the midfield.
Possibly CJ moved to a wing!
McKenzie will play round 1 half back.

Did the hard work to get extra picks next year for a stacked draft, and in a crazy minute have cooked it already.

For pick 18, we could have possibly just given up 27, as well as next years 19 and 37.

Also in doing so, we probably miss out on any classy small forward left in 2022.

Who misses games out of Sicily, Frost, DGB, Blanck, Scrimshaw, Day, Jiath, Hardwick and Weddle?

The two guys I wanted go at the next two picks :(.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing Josh prove me wrong.

Rookie me central:
Another tick for that versatility, though not showcased much at representative or NAB League level, is his ability to swing forward. Weddle hit the scoreboard with relative regularity for Carey Grammar and certainly has the tools to be a clean marking target inside 50. He also played in midfield as a junior, before making use of his growth spurt.

No clue yet on what the trade is.

I hear it is F2, F3 and even our pick 24(27 now) but daammmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who misses games out of Sicily, Frost, DGB, Blanck, Scrimshaw, Day, Jiath, Hardwick and Weddle?

The two guys I wanted go at the next two picks :(.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing Josh prove me wrong.

Frost / Dgb only two fighting for a spot. Spread the class out:)

Did the hard work to get extra picks next year for a stacked draft, and in a crazy minute have cooked it already.

For pick 18, we could have possibly just given up 27, as well as next years 19 and 37.

Also in doing so, we probably miss out on any classy small forward left in 2022.

I feel the same in all honesty. Weddle might become a star, but honestly at this point I think he needs to at a minimum to justify the cost.

Some of the melts in here remind me of when we called out Will Day...

Weddle looks a serious footballer :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back