ALP: 55 (-1)
L/NP: 24 (-3)
GRN: 4 (+1)
IND: 5 (+3)

ALP Gain: Caulfield, *Bayswater, Glen Waverley
L/NP Gain: Nepean, Pakenham
GRN Gain: Richmond
OTH Gain: Benambra, Kew, Hawthorn

(of the notional seats: Bass/Hastings 'retain' by Libs, Ripon/Morwell by ALP, Mildura by IND)

Off of ALP-L/NP-GRN-OTH votes of: 39-33-12-16 (for 2PP around 55-45.)

Lots of uncertainty though. Between 'OTH' preference flows, polling error, geographic distribution, pre-poll v on-the-day skew, nobody should be taking anything for granted until ABC call it, hopefully on Saturday.

My smoky to watch: Rowville. 5.5% LIB v ALP margin, but there's a strong independent (not really a teal) who would take off a large chunk of Liberal vote. So long as she finishes ahead of Labor, I think it falls.

Last edited:

Labor 55

Gain: Glen Waverley, Morwell, Ripon, Caulfield

Coalition 24
Gain: Hastings, Bass, Nepean

IND 4
Mildura, Shepparton and
Gain: Hawthorn, Kew

Greens 5
Prahan, Melbourne, Brunswick
Gain: Albert Park, Richmond

There's a possibility of enough of a protest vote in Andrew's electorate that he loses his seat yet the government retains power. A protest vote not specifically against the party but the man. It's not out of the equation based on what I've heard.

There's a possibility of enough of a protest vote in Andrew's electorate that he loses his seat yet the government retains power. A protest vote not specifically against the party but the man. It's not out of the equation based on what I've heard.
Did the same thing happened to Stanley Melbourne Bruce when he lost his seat in the 1929 federal election- that is, he lost the seat but his party still won the election?

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app

From what I have heard there is a 0% chance of this happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I have heard there is a 0% chance of this happening.
I agree. Probably listening to the wrong people TBH. Anyone watch the sky debate the other night?. Guy was just a walking contradiction and when questioned about what he was saying tried to deflect it without justifying his position. Tried to come across as dare I say it the " good guy". Complained about debt yet has committed to spend more than the government. Did nothing to convince people there was actually major problems in the state IMO.

Watch for the seat of Sandringham tomorrow night which has a swing of 0.4% towards the Liberals. Could be one of the seats that could be the difference between winning and losing as far as Labor and the Coalition is concerned. Or could we see a repeat of the federal election where independent candidate Zoe Daniel won the seat of Goldstein from Liberal Tim Wilson?

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app

Copying from the main thread

Currently I'm going with, subject to change:

ALP: 54 (-2)
L/NP: 24 (-3)
GRN: 5 (+2)
IND: 5 (+3)

ALP Gain: Caulfield, *Bayswater, Glen Waverley
L/NP Gain: Nepean, Pakenham
GRN Gain: Richmond, Northcote
OTH Gain: Benambra, Kew, Hawthorn

(of the notional seats: Bass/Hastings 'retain' by Libs, Ripon/Morwell by ALP, Mildura by IND)

Off of ALP-L/NP-GRN-OTH votes of: 37-33-14-16 (for 2PP around 55-45.)

Lots of uncertainty though. Between 'OTH' preference flows, polling error, geographic distribution, pre-poll v on-the-day skew, nobody should be taking anything for granted until ABC call it, hopefully on Saturday.

My smoky to watch: Rowville. 5.5% LIB v ALP margin, but there's a strong independent (not really a teal) who would take off a large chunk of Liberal vote. So long as she finishes ahead of Labor, I think it falls.

Will lop off a bit of GRN vote + Northcote from my earlier prediction, but otherwise sticking with this.

ALP: 49 (-6)
L/NP: 29 (+2)
GRN: 5 (+2)
IND: 5 (+2)

ALP
Gain: Ripon*, Morwell*
Lose: Richmond, Northcote, Nepean, Bass, Melton, Hawthorn

L/NP
Gain: Nepean, Bass*, Hawthorn
Lose: Kew, Benambra

GRN
Gain: Richmond, Northcote
Lose: N/A

OTH
Gain: Benambra, Kew, Melton
Lose: Morwell

Newspoll tonight has ALP at 54.5

Time to edit your posts!

Guy net approval rating dropped to -25

It's a poll, and we all know what they've been like in recent years, but if that figure is even close to correct, Antony Green can phone it in.

Newspoll tonight has ALP at 54.5

Time to edit your posts!

Guy net approval rating dropped to -25

It's a poll, and we all know what they've been like in recent years, but if that figure is even close to correct, Antony Green can phone it in.
The pre-election Newspoll for 2018 was out by 4%. The same polling error in the other direction is a hung parliament with a likely ALP - GRN majority.

The pre-election Newspoll for 2018 was out by 4%. The same polling error in the other direction is a hung parliament with a likely ALP - GRN majority.
True, true. That's why I qualified my post.

But any error of 2% or less is still dire for the Libs. And Guy.
Would be interesting to see an ALP/Green coalition if Greens have enough clout, can't see it myself though.

True, true. That's why I qualified my post.

But any error of 2% or less is still dire for the Libs. And Guy.
Would be interesting to see an ALP/Green coalition if Greens have enough clout, can't see it myself though.
Would Michael O'Brien have done any better if he was still leader of the Victorian Liberals and not Matthew Guy? If the Liberals are looking for someone to blame for losing tonight, Scott Morrison could be the first cab off the rank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back