Fantasy 2023 BigFooty NFL Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

:nflredskins:ROUND 1 : PICK 16 : WASHINGTON COMMANDERS :nflredskins:

WILL LEVIS, QB, KENTUCKY

I'd be surprised to see him fall this far, but if any of the four highly touted QBs in this draft class are available at this pick, the franchise QB deprived Commanders would surely be tempted to snap one up.

GettyImages-1441306545.jpg

A QB with a big arm, playing in a pro style offense at Kentucky, Levis would be expected to be a key part in a new offense in the nations capital, with the coaching staff confident they can iron out the flaws in his game to make him a fixture for years to come.

andana and the Steelers are up

With pick 17 the Pittsburgh Steelers select Joey Porter Jr. Penn State

Junior. 6'2 88 kilos

Joey Porter Jr. is a physical high football IQ cornerback with the kind of size and physicality everyone is looking for
with ideal length . He's an aggressive cover corner who likes to play press and get his hands on receivers to disrupt routes. Can play high safety.

As the son of an All-Pro in Pittsburgh, Porter Jr. grew up in the Steelers locker room and got his first taste of playing cornerback by going one-on-one with Antonio Brown. Would be immediate replacement for Sutton.

1679820231472.png

Last edited:

With the 18th pick, the Detroit Lions select Calijah Kancey, DT, Pitt

kancey.jpg

A real outlier in a draft full of outliers, Kancey is an undersized, gap penetrating 3-tech from Pitt who was incredibly productive and disruptive on the field and set a blazing fast 40 yard time at the Combine for a man his size. While he's not in the same ball park as the last undersized, gap penetrating 3-tech from Pitt that went in the first round, but the combination of his traits, the production he put together in college and the increased importance of the passing game and defenses needing to be able to pressure the QB while only rushing 4 makes him worth the shot here imo

BeinPurplenGreen otc with TB

With Pick 19 Tampa Bay select Darnell Wright, Offensive Tackle Tennessee

With a slew of retirements, cuts and injuries the Bucs O line needs an overhaul.

Wright played in 3 posititions at Tennessee, most at tackle, not allowing a sack for majority of season last year.

gaskin OTC

With the 20th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, The Seattle Seahawks select

John Michael Schmitz - C - Minnesota

Schmitz_Jr_John_Michael_0052__1__FWlFa.jpg

The offensive line is not a real position of need (at least at center) but Schmitz was just too good to pass up. This is also a pick a lot of Seahawks fans are hoping comes to fruition on draft night. I was really tempted to go defence here again as there are a couple of guys I love but there should still be quite a bit of quality on the board at my next pick.

Despite how highly rated he is, I'm not expecting him to come in and start day 1. Austin Blythe did a serviceable job at center last season and I don't think anyone would protest him starting come week 1. But, Blythe is getting on in age so now would be a good time for Schmitz to enter the rotation to gain experience before taking over the starting duties. He'll hopefully become another stud on the line with last years draftees Charles Cross and Abraham Lucas. If he comes on the offensive line will start looking competent on regular basis which is not something we have seen in Seattle since the 2 Superbowl appearances.

catters078 and the Chargers are on the clock.

With the 21st pick the Los Angeles Chargers select, Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

With Austin Ekeler likely not to be in LA past this season (or this season at all while chasing a bigger contract) The Chargers need to ensure they have strength in the running game to compliment Herbert and the passing offense.

The 2nd half of the shocking Wild Card loss proved the Chargers need to be able to play situational football and lean on a strong running game.

Robinson is arguably one of the top 5 players in this draft. He was top 5 in the country for rushing yards and touchdowns, slipping to pick 21 is great value for such a high talent, will set the Chargers up at RB for years to come.

If Ekeler does play this year would give a great 1-2 punch and have a dynamic passing game threat from the RB position on every down.

1679953349858.png

drd23 Ravens on the clock

With the 22nd/23rd pick, the Baltimore Ravens select Jordan Addison, WR, USC

jordan-addison-usc-trojans-football.jpeg

The Ravens have one of the worst WR rooms in the entire NFL, so it makes sense to add a former Biletnikoff winner who happens to have grown up less than an hour from Baltimore. There are definite size and athleticism concerns with Addison being only 5'11 173lbs and only running a 4.49 40 with a 34" broad jump, but it is hard to overlook his route running ability and production over multiple years and in different offensive schemes

Sven and the Vikings are up next

The Vikings take Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa

1679966663747.jpeg

The Vikings could go in a lot of directions with their pick, but the defence needs an urgent injection of talent at every position and Van Ness is my BPA. The Vikings have big questions going forward with both Hunter and Zadarius Smith potential losses next season.

The Jacksonville Jaguars BeinPurplenGreen are up next

DALLAS cowboys select

Bryan Bresee DT

Clemson defensive lineman Bryan Bresee projects as a starting defensive lineman in the NFL. Bresee’s natural ability is evident when you watch him on film; he’s capable of penetrating and crashing through gaps with consistency and creating chaos in offensive backfields. He’s endured some incredible adversity throughout his career at Clemson, but it feels as though he’s poised to recapture his early college form upon a transition to the NFL.

The injuries could be an issue but I thought he was the BPA and Dallas really need some one there .
1680057009924.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the 27th pick, the Buffalo Bills select Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah

YXZH36GTGFB5TLGOP75TGLP45A.jpg

A bit of a luxury pick for a team that doesn't have a lot of holes to fill and who just gave Dawson Knox a fairly sizeable deal. But the value is a bit much to pass up, and they need to open their offense up if they want to compete with the likes of KC in the AFC. Buffalo very rarely utilised 2 TE sets last year, mostly because they didn't have a viable TE2, here they get the best receiving TE in the draft. Needs to work on his run blocking, but he won't be asked to do too much of that in Buffalo.

Constantgin up next with Cinci

Last edited:
With 28th pick the Bengals select Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame

Bengals get the most complete and ready tight end in the draft. He doesn't have the athletic ability of Kincaid or Washington but he just constantly gets open reminds me of Kelce or Witten not overly talented but just are great football players. Mayer, a 6-5 tight end with a wide catch radius and some physical traits after the catch. He came down with 67 catches for 809 yards and nine TDs last season, and he can be a serious matchup problem for opponents in the red zone. Will become a favorite of Burrow in no time.

bgt2110 on the clock

Last edited:
Pick 29 New Orleans Saints :nflsaints: select -

Mazi Smith DT Michigan

Losing David Onyemata, Shy Tuttle and Marcus Davenport during free agency has me concentrating on the DT position in the first round of the draft. I had targeted Bresee but as is common in any draft he was taken a few picks before mine. Out of a few DT prospects i looked at i felt the upside of Smith, his performance at the recent combine and coming out of the Michigan program saw me drafting him at the end of the first round.

smith maz.jpg

rumply

Last edited:
What was the conversation like between GMs?

Very tough negotiation. VERY tough. :tearsofjoy:

Simply came down to ive got three or four players id be happy with for the Chiefs (confident one of them is there at 39) and I know the Panthers aren't going to draft any of those guys, while with the Panthers there is only two guys really and im not sure either makes it to 39.

However, this is likely not a trade that would happen IRL given the Panthers lack of draft capital.

Howie should probably go Safety here but * it, we only live once right?

So despite the addition of Penny & with the need to take as much pressure off Hurts as possible without limiting the offence, the Eagles select

JAHMYR GIBBS RB Alabama 5'11" 200lbs, plenty of power, great speed & hands. Yeah Howie will cop a bucket full of s**t for the pick, just not from me. Plus it adds another Bama boy to the mix & that's been working ok so far;).

gibbs.jpg

A11dAtP0w3R OTC

With the final pick of round 1, The Carolina Panthers select Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College

maxresdefault.jpg

The Panthers trade up to get Stroud another weapon. Somewhat surprised he was still on the board at this point and not sure he would have lasted til 39. Flowers adds some much needed big play ability and shiftiness to a WR room lacking in both. While I dont believe he is a slam dunk to be a high quality NFL WR (late breakout in college, on the small side, concentration drops) he can absolutely be difference maker, great contact balance with the ability of taking check downs to the house. Can play outside and inside but projected to be more of a slot receiver in the NFL.

915LLD.gif

andana

Last edited:
ROUND TWO

The PITTSBURGH STEELERS select

Anton Harrison LT Oklahoma

LT probably Steelers priority pick and Harrison is a beauty. Very athletic, big, strong and fast. Has some impressive tape attacking defenders and blocking blitzing linebackers. Oklahoma some kind of OT factory.

1680131722972.png
fuey your turn

Apologies for missing my pick earlier, am back online now going forward. If someone can PM me when it is my next pick for the Jags that would be great, Although knowing the Jags they probably don't pick again until round 27 2035...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back