Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

I have zero evidence of this, but I just feel all our father sons have been told to stay away from the media and Cal Twomey as he drives the price up for any father - son picks, even if there no good.

I wonder Ned Maginness is a chance for the rookie list if he nominates.

I have zero evidence of this, but I just feel all our father sons have been told to stay away from the media and Cal Twomey as he drives the price up for any father - son picks, even if there no good.

Ned won't be making it. Wasn't picked for any of the rep trials or for Sandy. Doesn't have the strength or running power of his brother, probably a better kick but he's not unseating any of our wingmen. Might get a crack in the VFL or SANFL somewhere.

Cal did it for Finn- had him ranked in the top 15 at one stage and has really been trying to build the hype for Jiath’s brother too

Do you actually think recruiters are basing their decisions on Cal Twomey? If you do you have it all backwards. Yes he often gets pretty close with his phantom drafts and knows the players. But he doesn't have the recruiting skills to identify talent, he isn't some guru that knows who the best players are and what their value is. IF he was he'd get hired by a club.

He is a journalist, he simply asks the recruiters who they think is pick 1 etc...

For example I think he was one of the few who new that we would select Will Day while others had him at different positions further down. He reported this not because Will Day was the 12th best talent wise in the eyes of recruiters but because he knew that Hawthorn would select him.

Do you actually think recruiters are basing their decisions on Cal Twomey? If you do you have it all backwards. Yes he often gets pretty close with his phantom drafts and knows the players. But he doesn't have the recruiting skills to identify talent, he isn't some guru that knows who the best players are and what their value is. IF he was he'd get hired by a club.

He is a journalist, he simply asks the recruiters who they think is pick 1 etc...

For example I think he was one of the few who new that we would select Will Day while others had him at different positions further down. He reported this not because Will Day was the 12th best talent wise in the eyes of recruiters but because he knew that Hawthorn would select him.
Oh I don’t think they base it on Cal!

Cal picks a player recruiters are watching, an he has the ability to hype players prices up!

Alot of the romance has gone from footy, would love to see Dear on our list

Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else has been invited?
STATE COMBINE ADDITIONAL INVITEES
Lachlan McArthur, Western Jets
Calsher Dear, Sandringham Dragons
Liam Walters, Oakleigh Chargers
Patrick Hughes, Geelong Falcons
Max Beattie, Woodville-West Torrens
Harry Grant, Central Districts
Patrick Weckert, Woodville-West Torrens
Ashton Ferreira, South Fremantle
Lawson Humphries, Swan District

STATE COMBINE ADDITIONAL INVITEES
Lachlan McArthur, Western Jets
Calsher Dear, Sandringham Dragons
Liam Walters, Oakleigh Chargers
Patrick Hughes, Geelong Falcons
Max Beattie, Woodville-West Torrens
Harry Grant, Central Districts
Patrick Weckert, Woodville-West Torrens
Ashton Ferreira, South Fremantle
Lawson Humphries, Swan District

Thank you.

Interesting seeing Lawson Humphries there.

He was first eligible in 2021.

I've always wondered if he's Herman Humphries' (2013 eligible) younger brother.

Late call up to a State Combine is never a good sign. Only very few from the State Combine get selected every year, let alone a late call up.

Late call up to a State Combine is never a good sign. Only very few from the State Combine get selected every year, let alone a late call up.
I'd love for the Hawks to pick him up as a rookie but you'd hate that he doesn't get picked up at all. The late call up is a good thing for young Calsher. With all that he's been through you pray that the kid just makes it fairytale scenario with the Hawks or not.

Last edited:
I'd want us to grab Dear. He's coming from a long way back due to some personal circumstances and Key position players seem to be getting rarer and rarer. Think he could be a great project player for us with Jeka gone and Kosi opting to go elsewhere. We don't really have any back up forwards other than Ramsden and he may still be a year away from filling out.

Plus we deserve some father son wins damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back