Resource 2023 Membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

What details do I need?
Giants' website has instructions, extracted below (if you didn't ask for a physical card, I think it's too late now, you'll be digital):

MOBILE TICKETING GUIDE

GIANTS are encouraging members to go digital in 2023 meaning your membership is with you wherever you go. GIANTS members will have the option to select a physical member's card to gain access to eligible matches or use their smartphone as their ticket. This guide is to help GIANTS members understand this process of entering matches and aims to make the process as smooth as possible.

Please see the below sections and make yourself familiar with which process applies to your membership type.

SEASON '23 MEMBERS

2023 AFL and AFLW Members will receive an email after renewing which will allow them to choose a physical membership pack and card or a purely digital membership.

DIGITAL-ONLY MEMBER INTRUCTIONS

GIANTS members will be eligible to use their smartphone as their entry method into all GIANTS home matches. Please see the below mobile ticketing instructions.

Accessing your Mobile Ticket

1. Download the GWS GIANTS Club app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.

2. Open the GIANTS app and click the 'My Tickets' icon at the top of the page.
  3. Log in with your GIANTS membership details and your available matches will begin to load.
  4. Select your desired match and wait for your ticket details to load.
  5. Within 5 days prior to the match, you will now have the option to 'View Barcodes' or 'Add to Wallet'. It is recommended you add your tickets to either your Apple Wallet or Google Pay account before heading to the venue to ensure a smooth entry.
  6. Now with your barcode visible, head to the nearest entry gate and scan your ticket into the venue.
    Note: If you have multiple tickets in your account, you can swipe across to view your next ticket.
After a visual guide? Click here to see our visual mobile ticket guide.

Mobile Ticketing Tips
  • Please have your phone brightness turned up and tickets ready before you arrive at the gate.
  • Lost your phone on game day? Come and visit our team at the Members Hub outside the venue for a temporary ticket.
  • Can't make it to a game? You can transfer your ticket to a friend.
  • Don't have a smart phone? Call our team and we can organise alternative options for you.

Great team spirit helping out our membership team. But I don’t think Tom Green is cut out to be a salesman!

For anyone wanting an interesting job! Wish them all the best as this job’s success means that our team is doing well off-field

* We are seeking an enthusiastic Retail and Merchandise Manager to lead the GIANTS retail and licensed merchandise operations. With greater demand for our apparel, this role will be vital to the growth of the consumer landscape through direct-to-consumer retail, licensing opportunities and merchandising. The Merchandise and Retail manager will own all streams of the GIANTS retail ecosystem, lead the merchandise operations team, and support the boarder club achieve its growth targets overall.*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay for us. 30,000 members and in track for a record!

And yet our lowest average crowd, non covid.

I mean great we have members,
Not so great our average crowds are Cronulla Sharks levels.

30000 includes 6 members for some families of 3. The other problem is many members are about 280km away from Sydney as are in Canberra.

30000 includes 6 members for some families of 3. The other problem is many members are about 280km away from Sydney as are in Canberra.
6 for 4 members. 3 individual memberships is cheaper than a family membership (or at least it was).

Interesting also that there are still 2500 Foundation members (I am one of them! :). Given that we only had some 10k membership in our initial year, this means that 12 years later 25% have continued with their original memberships. I don’t know if 25% retention is good or bad as I don’t know what is the industry standard.

Interesting also that there are still 2500 Foundation members (I am one of them! :). Given that we only had some 10k membership in our initial year, this means that 12 years later 25% have continued with their original memberships. I don’t know if 25% retention is good or bad as I don’t know what is the industry standard.

I’m still holding strong too.

Take it as a plus considering the whirlwind 12 years this club has existed.

OK, but what does that say about GWS/fans?
Think there are a lot of Western Sydney Sports fans that aren't true AFL fans. they buy a membership but only get to a few games a year.
I've said this before, I buy a membership and only get to about 4 games a year, I have mates who buy the 4 game membership and make it to 1 game a year, 2 at most. But still consider themselves fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back