Resource 2023 Membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingers was also asked about off season. He said they have their own and Richmond's 1st rounder.
He was asked what parts of the ground need strengthening, which he naturally enough didn't specifically answer.
I get the impression Kingers won't be approving of a salary cap dump involving one of those 2 first rounders.

Last edited:
For anyone interested as a thanks to members, there’s a 15% discount on the bar, and a meet the team post game function

In celebration of our members, we have increased the 10 per cent discount on food and drink in the Members Bar to 15 per cent during the clash with the Bombers.

The special event will feature a caricature artist for members to take home a cartoon version of themselves, an orange fairy floss machine, airbrush tattoos, and the chance to mingle with the entire AFL playing group following their clash with the Bombers.

Is anyone attending Giants HQ on Saturday for Foundation/10+ Years membership? Would be great to catch-up with some of you!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is anyone attending Giants HQ on Saturday for Foundation/10+ Years membership? Would be great to catch-up with some of you!

In Brissy for the St Kilda game. :(

Unfortunately not as have to take kids to their activities - would have been good to be shown around the Vailo Centre

Club post on how they celebrated members at our last home match against Essendon. Great stuff, and hopefully they do the same next year at our Giants Stadium and Manuka home matches

Last edited:
Agreed, great to see the players really enjoy their captains run. Lots of laughs, smiles and good skills on display (especially with the round ball).
Players generously gave their time and appreciated our support. Most looked relaxed but were confident on going down there to get the job done.

Dave Matthews answering questions and provided good insight on fixturing issues, vfl centricity and judiciary (hello swans!)

Such a great welcoming club, proud to be a part of it!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final membership tally is 33,036 - a club record!

Great to see! But I’d love half of them to turn up to games.
Anyone know what percentage of our members are 3 game members??? That could be why we are still not drawing decent (15k+) crowds at the beanstalk. Need to get them onboard for full memberships. Going deep into September will help this for next year!

Great to see! But I’d love half of them to turn up to games.
Anyone know what percentage of our members are 3 game members??? That could be why we are still not drawing decent (15k+) crowds at the beanstalk. Need to get them onboard for full memberships. Going deep into September will help this for next year!

lots!
Im a 3 game member and generally get to about 5 games a year

I have a few mates who are 3 game members that are basically Western Sydney sport fans as opposed to AFL fans (I started that way as well) , they get to 1 game a year, maybe 2, but get the membership as they consider themselves fans and want to support.

I remember when I was in sports we had a guru say say that counter-intuitively the key to long term success is having a really large pool of interested parties or floating fans as opposed to rusted on fans. They are easier to get, some turn into rusted on fans but overall they build your club.

Locally the Swans are a classic example of that. They have a million people who if asked to choose which club they support they'd say the Swans, but have probably similar amount of rusted on fans as us (prob a few more) , but a lot of those guys own a jersey or a scarf, watch a few games a year, a small cohort will go to a game every so often. But they cumulatively they contribute to a strong club.

Internationally, clubs like Man U or the LA lakers have almost no rusted on fans compared to their overall base, but huge amounts of interested parties who watch a varying degree in games have some merch and contribute about 90% of the clubs revenue.

Changed my thinking forever. Over a generation or so (many had a team already when we came in), Western Sydney and Canberra people will nominate the Giants as their team instead of the Swans and we will over time greatly grow our interested parties and in turn rusted on fans. We do a lot right to create that long term by showing up a at schools, giving kids footballs and posters and it'll grow.

Probably need to start a 2024 membership thread, but my auto renewal will kick in this week! Club said that next week members will get an email after that giving a choice of the physical card/ cap etc or $30 electronic voucher

Probably need to start a 2024 membership thread, but my auto renewal will kick in this week! Club said that next week members will get an email after that giving a choice of the physical card/ cap etc or $30 electronic voucher

Early bird membership pricing is currently displayed online for a limited time for those thinking of becoming a member for 2024.

I've upgraded from silver to gold membership, so I am pretty stoked about that and super keen for the new seating location next season. :D

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back