Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

I don't even need him to be a forward threat (though that would be handy). Just to be a presence around the field. 0 marks last night. The number of times we kicked to try and relieve pressure out of defence and Pitto gives nothing, more often than not it was a Sydney mark and pressure back on. TDK far better in that regard. McLean outstanding.

Still, agree, we need him at the ruck contests, and for that reason he stays.

One thing that was a slight shift, Pitto was competing in marking contest forward of the ball and even though he couldn't mark it, didn't allow too many intercepts

One thing that was a slight shift, Pitto was competing in marking contest forward of the ball and even though he couldn't mark it, didn't allow too many intercepts
Thought he had a really good game. Got us back the momentum when he went in the ruck but also around the ground kept bringing the ball down to the smalls. Overall, this for me was the best Pitto/TDK ruck game I've seen - combo worked really well.

Someone gave him a little gut punch to the ribs (if that makes sense) late in the game. Think it was Heeney.

Just a little tap, kind of thing that happens 50 times a match. But I think it was deliberately aimed at his rib injury.

Dog act if you ask me.
They were bumping him at stoppages all game. Everyone took a turn.

Yeah this is a strange one. Ive watched this replay numerous times and cant see where Harry was hit in the head? Looked like he got badly winded at first and then when he got to his feet he was all over the shop.
Same. Can’t work it out !
His chin hits the top of McCartin's head

The Pitto and TDK combo will be hugely important on Friday night and even more so if Grundy plays, which I really hope he does! My changes would be Jack for Harry and Motlop for Martin. If Jack is not ready then Kennedy has to play this role. Sub.. agree that we are going taller so a fast more nimble sub makes sense and based on this I’d go one of Hollands, Fish or Durdin.

Kennedy and SOS in for Harry and Martin.

SOS gives us the second forward option, but can also play a defensive role on Lever. Kennedy is handy across half forward, plus gives us another mid rotation. Off course there's a risk they haven't played much footy.

Happy for Mots to stay as sub
Don’t want Motts as sub - he needs to find the pace of the game to be effective. He added naught yesterday.

Prefer to load up with explosives - dow, and Motlop in please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two loves right now:

1. Our backline. Has a clone army look of similar size, speed and skill. Very versatile. Would love a gorilla to offset Bot but, for where we are right now, love what Voss and team are doing with this group.

2. Pitto and TDK. With no Harry, TDK will slip forward more and the balance will make Max have to work very hard. Let Pitto bash him and King jump all over him.

And Crippa but, that goes without saying. His ribs will be fine. He will make it so...

Two loves right now:

1. Our backline. Has a clone army look of similar size, speed and skill. Very versatile. Would love a gorilla to offset Bot but, for where we are right now, love what Voss and team are doing with this group.

2. Pitto and TDK. With no Harry, TDK will slip forward more and the balance will make Max have to work very hard. Let Pitto bash him and King jump all over him.

And Crippa but, that goes without saying. His ribs will be fine. He will make it so...
Hey how much fun is this!

We’re playing for a place in the prelim :)

Woohoo!

Will be tough when I prevented my students a few weeks ago nicking off to the toilets to purchase weeknd tickets. Regretful now. Tasmanian schools have a no phone policy.
Make it a class assignment, communications, economics & tech - all students can use any device they have & use personal hot spots to log in.
A+ to whoever gets the tickets, pizza for everyone for the help 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back