• McDonald

Votes: 22 11.7%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 121 64.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 11 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell would have to play wing because IMO, he's too soft for defense.

That boot though.

Definitely. Splitting the pick isn't as grotesque if it ends up being 6 instead of 2.
Looking at their draw they will push up the ladder a bit the Eagles. No way they start with pick 2. Richmond and North have that tied up. Prob pick 4 or 5. They could trade 5 with a club that has a couple of first round picks. A club with a few first round picks…

Zurhaar is a bit of a red flag for me. At least he wouldn’t cost picks but I’d guess he would be after a 5 or 6 year deal in decent coin… baker is a much safer bet IMO.
Can any Zurhaar fan point me to examples of great games he’s played? Just don’t think he’s that good! Am I missing something here or what? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Zurhaar is a bit of a red flag for me. At least he wouldn’t cost picks but I’d guess he would be after a 5 or 6 year deal in decent coin… baker is a much safer bet IMO.
Can any Zurhaar fan point me to examples of great games he’s played? Just don’t think he’s that good! Am I missing something here or what? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
What are the alternatives?
I’d take as many forwards as possible.
It has worked with other clubs and giving players a second chance usually gets instant results.
Zurhaar, Windor, Buller, the truth is we should of offered Waternan a deal a few years ago😜
Players that won’t cost the earth but enough to move.
Then we keep the draft picks that we want.

What are the alternatives?
I’d take as many forwards as possible.
It has worked with other clubs and giving players a second chance usually gets instant results.
Zurhaar, Windor, Buller, the truth is we should of offered Waternan a deal a few years ago😜
Players that won’t cost the earth but enough to move.
Then we keep the draft picks that we want.
There’s a few lads that need to be paid on our list. Brayshaw chief among them. Clubs like the saints will be offering him well over $1m a season and while it’s unlikely he would leave, it is probably that freo will need to pay him more to keep him.
If Brisbane are having to pay $1.2-1.3 m a season to keep Hugh McLuggage around, we are not getting Andy’s signature on the cheap.

Then Neale wanted to come back to Perth but we weren't willing to part with the picks that ended up being Amiss and Erasmus.

Can you imagine us giving up a couple of early picks for someone that doesn't really want to be here then trading them again for less? Trent Croad/Chris Tarrant situation again.
Sparkly new Amiss and Raz or not so shiny Lachie... let me think about it?
I've come to believe Neale had to go because Fyfe and he couldn't both be in the same midfield....conflicting ambition, with net result... no Brownlows for anyone!
And would there have room to grow for Brayshaw and Serong?
At the time I didn't want Lachie to go, I'm often like that

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget about McDonald get Baker & Zurhaar into our forward line would make us a lot more potent.
These guys just seem like the type of player we dont need. Zurhaar would be behind Jackson, Amiss and Treacy so would struggle, and Baker is a great foot soldier but not really a goal kicker. Just wouldnt fit our team.

I would think someone like Bailey Smith would be a good get. Obviously coming off a knee is a concern, but his outside pace and goal kicking ability from half forward would be very handy. He plays similarly to Freddy

Then Neale wanted to come back to Perth but we weren't willing to part with the picks that ended up being Amiss and Erasmus.

Can you imagine us giving up a couple of early picks for someone that doesn't really want to be here then trading them again for less? Trent Croad/Chris Tarrant situation again.
White too or was he draft?

I would think someone like Bailey Smith would be a good get.

Don't say that around here. We're all comfortable in this cycle of welcoming back WA slop and sending off talent. We definitely should not be trying to make ourselves a real destination club and lifting those barriers with the recruitment of a Lukosius or Smith.

Don't say that around here. We're all comfortable in this cycle of welcoming back WA slop and sending off talent. We definitely should not be trying to make ourselves a real destination club and lifting those barriers with the recruitment of a Lukosius or Smith.
Luko yes.
Smith in a perfect imaginary world where the knee is wonderful, and the white powder is just talc for his leather poisoned hands, sure.

Unfortunately I don’t have faith in smith. Maybe because we’ve burnt so many time in the past.

Has there been anymore noise around Charlie Cameron?

Smith in a perfect imaginary world where the knee is wonderful, and the white powder is just talc for his leather poisoned hands, sure.

I don't really get the paranoia around his injury. He did an ACL once. ACLs aren't as career impeding as they used to be. There's a few examples of players right now carrying on about their business as if it never happened to them.

Also the character thing, I get your concern but this is seriously an issue that has been manufactured by the club. Every club has their share of morons, we just "overcorrected our culture" to the point where we now have supporters performing armchair Psych Tests on every potential candidate on whether they're worthy to join the 9PM bedtime club.

We need to get out of this mindset, and the club needs to do better by the players. The thing with Hogan was so stupid.

Also I'm quoting you and responding to you, but this is just a general though that's been grinding my gears.

I don't really get the paranoia around his injury. He did an ACL once. ACLs aren't as career impeding as they used to be. There's a few examples of players right now carrying on about their business as if it never happened to them.

Also the character thing, I get your concern but this is seriously an issue that has been manufactured by the club. Every club has their share of morons, we just "overcorrected our culture" to the point where we now have supporters performing armchair Psych Tests on every potential candidate on whether they're worthy to join the 9PM bedtime club.

We need to get out of this mindset, and the club needs to do better by the players. The thing with Hogan was so stupid.

Also I'm quoting you and responding to you, but this is just a general though that's been grinding my gears.
I tend to agree, just that smith in particular seems to have a critical mass of potential issues.

Even discussing him should come with a trigger warning 😆

I'm not sure Smith is built for the fishbowl that is Perth.

And to clarify, thats's more a reflection of how claustrophobic Perth can be than a reflection on Smith himself. I agree in general that we can soften the NDP a touch.

It's actually disgraceful the extent to which the following is true - if he came here to play for WC, he's golden boy superstar with the six pack and million dollar smile. If he came here to play for Freo he's a disgraced discard with huge off field issues.

Wasn't Smith struggling form wise, well before his knee injury?

Considering the cost and any associated injury/culture issues, plus the fact that Sharp has come on so well, I'd be surprised if Smith is even on the periphery of our radar.

Departing Richmond CEO Brendon Gale is confident the club will retain the services of Liam Baker.

The Tigers’ joint vice-captain is out of contract this year and is attracting serious interest from both Western Australian clubs Fremantle and Wet Coast.

WA native Baker recently purchased a $2.2 million waterfront property in Perth, strengthening suggestions that he could be on the way out the Punt Road exit door at season’s end.

Gale indicated that Baker’s house purchase was merely a clever investment and is confident he will commit his future to the club.

“He’s an astute investor, Liam,” Gale said on SEN’s The Run Home.

“We’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he’s entitled to invest his money, and good on him.

“But he’s a really important player for our footy club and an important part of our future.

“He’s got an important decision to make and we’re confident it will be with us.”

The versatile and tenacious 26-year-old, who is a two-time premiership player with the Tigers, has played 117 games in yellow and black.

Baker has missed the last two matches with general soreness, but Adem Yze’s injury-hit side will hope to have him back for this Saturday night’s Dreamtime clash with Essendon at the MCG.

Listen to Gale on Baker and a number of other Tigers topics below:

Back