• McDonald

Votes: 26 21.0%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 50.8%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Ryan is one of the highest ranked players in terms of creating scores for team mates.

Let's give Jacky Delean at least a game or two before worrying about trading for more small forwards. I have a strange, ungrounded, possibly over-exuberant good feeling about this guy.
He'll be a jet.

Knows where the goals are, you can't teach that

Let's give Jacky Delean at least a game or two before worrying about trading for more small forwards. I have a strange, ungrounded, possibly over-exuberant good feeling about this guy.

Is that a typo or are you going to be calling him Jacky his entire career. It's very Kimmy Hagdorn like.

Zuurhaar IMO would be the exact player to take Fremantle to another level. He’s what’s Fremantle need, and he would relish the group the club is building.
I must be missing something in Zurhaar. He’s playing in one of the worst sides of all time in the AFL and I’m not even sure he’s a top 10 player at North right now? If he is it’s barely so…

I must be missing something in Zurhaar. He’s playing in one of the worst sides of all time in the AFL and I’m not even sure he’s a top 10 player at North right now? If he is it’s barely so…

I think he is nearly solely responsible for the few wins he has played in there.

North haven't exactly been a showcase for forward play recently when the ball spends 80% of the game in their defensive half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have little interest in Zurhaar. He's decent but we need genuine gamebreakers.
He improves our best 22, and would be a good get if he was not too expensive. 4 years at 500k to 600k is fine.

He takes Banfields spot, and makes us stronger. He kicks 1.5 goals a game, and can run through the midfield.

Agree we need more game breakers, but ideally the 3 first round picks gets us that.

A forward 7 (one on the bench) of Amiss, Treacy, Jackson, Sturt, Zurhaar plus two small forwards is pretty good.

He improves our best 22, and would be a good get if he was not too expensive. 4 years at 500k to 600k is fine.

He takes Banfields spot, and makes us stronger. He kicks 1.5 goals a game, and can run through the midfield.

Agree we need more game breakers, but ideally the 3 first round picks gets us that.

A forward 7 (one on the bench) of Amiss, Treacy, Jackson, Sturt, Zurhaar plus two small forwards is pretty good.
Leaving aside that I don't think the club like his haircut and hence won't chase him, you pay massive salary overs for FAs and he's just not good enough to bother. If we're throwing cash at players, they had better be A grade. Salary is a big deal and will only get bigger for us. Last thing we need to do is lose quality players because we blew $2.5m on Zurhaar.

The other thing is, if you get him he takes a forward spot. We already have Freddy and Switkowski who aren't going anywhere and Sturt who may or may not come on. There's no room for any more B grade. We need to spots in the forwardline for those 3 first rounders.

How much do you think Zurhaar is being paid at North when they have nearly a million bucks to throw at Logue and most of their talent is juniors?

To me, I expect he has been paid these years leading up to free agency at a rate that will be well above market value so that North can try and sign him longer term for less.

Like front loading a deal you haven't agreed to the back half of.

How much do you think Zurhaar is being paid at North when they have nearly a million bucks to throw at Logue and most of their talent is juniors?

To me, I expect he has been paid these years leading up to free agency at a rate that will be well above market value so that North can try and sign him longer term for less.

Like front loading a deal you haven't agreed to the back half of.
He'd be on well overs I expect as one of their half dozen or so AFL standard players. Imagine what Larkey gets.

1702713659326.png

Time to vote for the best preview of the season. Get on it or I'm cancelling the AFL for next season.

View attachment 1872841

Time to vote for the best preview of the season. Get on it or I'm cancelling the AFL for next season.

Any chance you could cancel 2023 instead?

I find that time slows down with the best players. Is it something like that?
Kinda..he just seems to know where the goals are no matter his position. Kinda like Barlow where his foot speed was slow but he could read the ball and know where it would be and position accordingly.

Back