• McDonald

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

sturt did finish off better than he started the year at least but still needs to work on staying involved throughout a game. an easy way for him to improve is upping his tackles, had 0 across the last 5 games
If people start hitting up his leads his involvement will increase massively. Very often just gets to the right position and leads into good areas, just doesn't get hit up in favour of the long bomb

If people start hitting up his leads his involvement will increase massively. Very often just gets to the right position and leads into good areas, just doesn't get hit up in favour of the long bomb
Treacy also has that issue! Always gets ignored and than people complain he doesn't kick enough. I hope Amiss doesn't get the Pav treatment and we only have eyes for him giving defenders an easy target.

He is contracted until the end of 2025 and will be a restricted free agent, with the East Fremantle product likely to be targeted by both West Australian clubs.

Just confirming, he is not a free agent. From what I can see he has only been at Sydney for 6 years.

Had a thought, McDonald is a gun but I agree with others it's overkill. JHF managed to get out of North after only 1 year and he was a pick 1 - we should go all in on Curtin and Collard. I genuinely think those two complete our list more than anyone else realistically gettable

Had a thought, McDonald is a gun but I agree with others it's overkill. JHF managed to get out of North after only 1 year and he was a pick 1 - we should go all in on Curtin and Collard. I genuinely think those two complete our list more than anyone else realistically gettable
As a Collard nuffie, we need to see how he performs in 2024 before making a move. I wouldn't be opposed to trading in someone with questionable merits because that's what successful clubs do. The problem is differentiating between homesickness and poor work ethic (assuming he doesn't adjust to Melbourne life and has a brilliant season).

My issue with chasing McD is that we'd have been working on it for ages already and we really don't know how good Treacy is going to be. If Treacy is Taberner level or better, then I agree its overkill. If he's much better than that it's just dumb given we have Jackson as well.

I feel like we don't want Collard else we would have asked for the Pies 2023 pick.

Zurhaar as a free agent makes too much sense for me.
Good age, fills a need.

Collard would be perfect, but I think he would be hard to get this year. End of 2025 he would be perfect. (Would be ideal, if we knew we had him this year)

JHF was extremely unsettled all year, and in the end, they decided it was better to trade him now. I don't think Collard or Curtin will do the same.

Where do you see Curtin playing? I don't see a hole in our backline.

Zurhaar as a free agent makes too much sense for me.
Good age, fills a need.

Collard would be perfect, but I think he would be hard to get this year. End of 2025 he would be perfect. (Would be ideal, if we knew we had him this year)

JHF was extremely unsettled all year, and in the end, they decided it was better to trade him now. I don't think Collard or Curtin will do the same.

Where do you see Curtin playing? I don't see a hole in our backline.
Curtin in the backline allows Chapman to a wing. He’d be the 3rd tall/intercept role Young was playing before being promoted.

For me, that is a nice to have, not a must have.

I want us to invest all our spare capital on explosive mids, or forwards.
I think between Young, Johnson, Brayshaw, Jackson, Serong and Erasmus there is enough in the middle. Simpson and Collard can rotate through there for more explosiveness.

Like said, I think the backline is missing some height and skill now and Curtin would be perfect. I'm sure that's how the club see's him given I believe it was stated we looked at ways to get him.

I genuinely couldnt think of a list hole if we got those two

I think between Young, Johnson, Brayshaw, Jackson, Serong and Erasmus there is enough in the middle. Simpson and Collard can rotate through there for more explosiveness.

Like said, I think the backline is missing some height and skill now and Curtin would be perfect. I'm sure that's how the club see's him given I believe it was stated we looked at ways to get him.

We need some game breakers. We really only have Jackson as it stands and he's not there yet. Too many of our players are cake.

Collard probably is but again, I don't reckon he's our type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need some game breakers. We really only have Jackson as it stands and he's not there yet. Too many of our players are cake.

Collard probably is but again, I don't reckon he's our type.
I think Collingwood have a lot of "cake" players - only DeGoey and Naicos stand out to me as gamebreakers. I think Jackson and Amiss are our POD difference makers and the rest of the list would have enough A-grade talent to do the rest.

If Collard isnt our type, we are making a mistake and shooting ourselves in the foot. I'd hope with the number of straight and narrows on the list now that we can take a risk on a flakier prospect

I think we need two players like Collard (Walters and Schultz replacements), and one more explosive mid who can go forward. (Someone like De Goey)

Chapman, Ryan, Cox and Pearce should be enough height, assuming Chapman stays back.

Collard, Zurhaar and 3 first round picks and we should be good.

There is a stat for forward line go to players. I would guess for us it is long bomb, Walters, Amiss/Tabs. Was Schultz. Others oft ignored - even Freddie.

Jackson definite potential game breaker.
I want to include Freddie. Not hard to remember some of his plays that have turned games at critical moments.

I think Collingwood have a lot of "cake" players - only DeGoey and Naicos stand out to me as gamebreakers. I think Jackson and Amiss are our POD difference makers and the rest of the list would have enough A-grade talent to do the rest.

If Collard isnt our type, we are making a mistake and shooting ourselves in the foot. I'd hope with the number of straight and narrows on the list now that we can take a risk on a flakier prospect
I feel like they have more but can't think of them... you could be right.

I'm ok with it. I don't subscribe (at all) to this idea you need to have flakes. Competence and professionalism will take you a long way.

In hindsight, if we took Collingwood's R1 pick from last year's draft for Schultz, we could have got Collard.

I think we need two players like Collard (Walters and Schultz replacements), and one more explosive mid who can go forward. (Someone like De Goey)

Chapman, Ryan, Cox and Pearce should be enough height, assuming Chapman stays back.

Collard, Zurhaar and 3 first round picks and we should be good.
Hopefully Simpson is the explosive mid who can go forward long term. Johnson could be the explosive big body mid. He's one of our quickest players in terms of maximum speed according to the GPS Telstra data. If we miss out on Macdonald then Id offer 2 first rounders for Zurhaar. He would add so much to our forward line.

Hopefully Simpson is the explosive mid who can go forward long term. Johnson could be the explosive big body mid. He's one of our quickest players in terms of maximum speed according to the GPS Telstra data. If we miss out on Macdonald then Id offer 2 first rounders for Zurhaar. He would add so much to our forward line.
Zurhaar is free agent

Back