• McDonald

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think his marking is coming along very well, could be elite. Very very good tank but not overly quick but his best trait is he is a genuine forward with an elite footy brain. He’s basically Tabs with a little bit more speed and an elite footy IQ.

Come to think of Tabs pK75 Tabs made an AA squad and you think McDonald can’t be in and around AA at any time in his career?
Decent chance he's in the AA squad this year imo.

yeah im curious how it has been handled - would big names have a clause to reflect their salary as a % of the cap instead of just a figure? not sure
Basically every club gives players a % raise

Essendon and west coast are the only 2 who don't do it, west coast may do it now that vozzo has gone to the bombers (he is part of the reason bombers don't)

I'm surprised Essendon get away with not doing it tbh

West coast are a bit like Geelong, able to underpay their players as the options outside of footy in WA are crazy for a west coast player

Decent chance he's in the AA squad this year imo.

I think Amiss is ahead of him, but the swans will play finals this year and he will be the main target so he will get a lot of hype.

It will be an interesting year, Lynch if he stays fit and King should be right up there. Hawkins should decline but will kick 45. Cameron will have a strong year.

**adding as others are mentioned I missed.

Top bracket no particular order:

Cameron
Curnow
Allen

Next bracket:

Daniher - I don't view him as top bracket and 11 years in he has had two 60+ seasons (from memory).
Lynch
Hawkins (Declining)
Walker (should decline)
Amiss (will kick 50 + this season.

Could be anything:

Naughton - kicking is a shite show.
JUH - Showed signs of being able to tear games open last season
McDonald - No Buddy, time to shine. Kicks 42-46 this season.
King B - fitness. Ave 2.5 per game last season when fit.
King M - Fitness.
Lewis

I am sure to have missed a pure forward somewhere. Jackson will be more valuable than the lot but will play Fwd/Ruck/Mid so I wasn't sure he should be on this list.

Last edited:
I think Amiss is ahead of him, but the swans will play finals this year and he will be the main target so he will get a lot of hype.

It will be an interesting year, Lynch if he stays fit and King should be right up there. Hawkins should decline but will kick 45. Cameron will have a strong year.

Cameron
Lynch
Curnow
Allen

Next bracket:

Hawkins (Declining)
Walker (should decline)

Could be anything:

King M - Fitness.

I am sure to have missed a pure forward somewhere. Jackson will be more valuable than the lot but will play Fwd/Ruck/Mid so I wasn't sure he should be on this list.

Larkey

He is an interesting study. He would be in the top tier imo or on the very cusp as we may need a second season at that level.

Last season was his 7th. But you could almost rule out the first two aside from the physical advances he would have made. 2 games in season 1 and 0 in season 2.

It also shows how remarkable Amiss was last season. Essentially is first season and kicks 40.. I think he will be closer to 60 than 50 this season if he plays through the season.

I wouldn't trade Treacy in a straight swap for Logan McDonald, Treacy will have a big season this year IMO. I think the Jackson/Amiss/Treacy trio compliment each other really well. Let McDonald go to the Eagles or stay at the Swans, after giving up 2 early picks for Jackson throwing a couple more early picks and a million dollars at McDonald would be foolish.

Our priorities should be -
small forwards
mids with pace
Alex Pearce's future replacement
Luke Ryan's future replacement
I agree with your priorities but I'm hopeful we have some of those priorities covered with player development.
I think:
I'm liking the look of Josh Draper or even Ollie Murphy as Luke Ryan's replacement in a couple of years
Ollie Murphy and Hugh Davies should both be good options as Pearce's replacement in a couple of years
Cooper Simpson is a midfielder with pace but we could do with at least one more
We have Emmett and Jack Delean as developing small/mid forwards but a deadset class small forward I agree should be a priority.
Im hoping we get McDonald with a first rounder and our future first but with a second rounder coming back which would leave us two first rounders and two second rounders that could be used to recruit at least one class small forward and outside class midfielder. Id trade the 4 picks and try and turn them into the two earliest picks possible to maximise our chances of recruiting the two players we'd need if we got Macdonald.

Last edited:
Just going statically, by the odds? There's no credible existing evidence otherwise. Just hunches and feels.
It's very much based on my personal eye test if you like - I've seen him play since he's about 16/17 and he's an absolute jet.

Without Buddy in a side that could possibly be top four the sky is now the limit for McDonald.

I'll admit it's a massive call but I'm comfortable with it even if I might be going a year or two early.

Cameron
Lynch
Curnow
Allen

Next bracket:

Hawkins (Declining)
Walker (should decline)

Could be anything:

King M - Fitness.

I think Lewis from Hawthorn will kick a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis and Larkey should be on the above list. Daniher too.
And Hogan.
Plenty of decent players out there

Daniher yes. Hogan I think is under these as he is older and unless he goes big this year all of those on the list have either massive upside or have proven performance.

It's very much based on my personal eye test if you like - I've seen him play since he's about 16/17 and he's an absolute jet.

Without Buddy in a side that could possibly be top four the sky is now the limit for McDonald.

I'll admit it's a massive call but I'm comfortable with it even if I might be going a year or two early.
I don’t see the explosive raw pace over 5-10 years that the likes of Amiss have. Separation is then harder to achieve

So can he clunk pack marks like Hawkins or Naughton? Not sure yet either

He’s a decent set shot for goal in fairness though

For selfish reasons I hope he doesn't.

I liked him too in his draft year but he was out of our reach by the time of the draft.
Then we took Amiss and it looks like paying huge dividends.
If both complement each other then sure it makes sense. But I’d also be wary
due to it not working with Hogan, Tabs, Lobb.
Hogan and Tabs both needed to play FF, the chemistry was never there.
Treacy is that contested power forward, without one your chances in a GF
diminish.
The other side of the coin is that the Dees wanted May and let Hogan go.
We’ve got Jackson, maybe McDonald isn’t the right mix?

I actually rate J Amartey above McDonald and I suspect the Swans do as well, so not quite sure what the pumping of the MacDonald tires is all about!
Imagine if Mcdonald already played for Fremantle and was considering leaving. Im sure we would all be saying just how good he can be

Back