Training 2024 Pre-Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 goal win minimum IMO. We won't lose round 1 with the opening of the stand and the embarrassment of last year. It would go against everything we know and love about this club.
Corza's 300th at K.P. says hi. As does our home final against the Dockers.

I still get angry about Boris 300
i planned to be there from LA for it and was.

Very bitter feeling leaving the ground.... still dirty

GO Catters

I want to see Mannagh in the first round... I thought he has a touch of class about him, from very limited game time. Looks a good finisher, and can get to the right spots. Pacey enough too.
He looked very footy smart. Not sure he can be squeezed in though. Selection is going to be interesting.

A Conway, McLuggage, Holmes, Bowes, Bruhn, Clark, Mannagh midfield mix in 2026 could be pretty exciting.
McLuggage would be an almost perfect fit imo.

I have no idea if he’d be keen on leaving Brisbane at all… but I’m sure he will be getting big offers from plenty of clubs.

If he stays with the lions for less than 850k long term I reckon they would have done very well.

I can see him pushing the 6 for 6 million range from someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Conway, McLuggage, Holmes, Bowes, Bruhn, Clark, Mannagh midfield mix in 2026 could be pretty exciting.
We'll be attending to it in some way, and they're all exciting for mine.

McCluggage
Smith
First round midfielder

The point being, whichever option we land on has us going in the right direction. We're the only club in history who will have successfully rebuilt it's list in a time period of:

19: Prelim
20: GF
21: Prelim
22: GF/Premiership
23: Missed finals
24: N/A

A couple of later gems like Dempsey, Close, Stengle, Neale, Miers etc is an enormous help, but to get access to guys like SDK, Bruhn, Holmes, Clark, Henry, COS and so on is pretty incredible.

Nobody's done it before, at least in the salary cap era. Hawthorn and Richmond could have, but they sold the farm for players who are just 'okay' (Mitchell/JOM/Wingard/Hopper/Taranto)

Now, if they'd been able to keep their picks and get these guys as FA, then they could have done what we've done....but they didn't.

Lead to them relying on the Harry Morrison & Tyler Sonsies of the world to help build their next core. Not exactly what you'd want, but it's the position they put/have put themselves in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back