Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Axeman for keeping us informed with your training reports.
Very informative and truly appreciated.

Now for some advice…
If, for whatever reason, you have a blue with the missus….things go pear shaped…..whatever you do, DON’T seek counseling!!!!
Just hope in your car, drive South and head straight to Waverley Park. You’ll be safe, you’ll be back home with a family welcoming you back.

Just saying ;)

I have a feeling that this pre season we are going to see a huge lift in output from some of the team and reckon we'll be fitter than we have ever been.
Josh Ward mentioned when I interviewed him for the Talking Hawks podcast last Thursday after training that the mantra is testing's training and training is testing and that Peter Burge is ramping up the intensity and the players are pushing themselves harder than they have before as they won't get where they want by doing the same things as before.

I have a feeling that this pre season we are going to see a huge lift in output from some of the team and reckon we'll be fitter than we have ever been.
Josh Ward mentioned when I interviewed him for the Talking Hawks podcast last Thursday after training that the mantra is testing's training and training is testing and that Peter Burge is ramping up the intensity and the players are pushing themselves harder than they have before as they won't get where they want by doing the same things as before.
Love this. We’ve drafted some strong runners in recent years, think we can run teams off their feet.

Will you be the new preseason king here? Good luck 🤞 🥂

I'll be mighty pissed of if The_Axeman has retired and then pops up doing training reports for The Roos ;). Seriously though thanks for the time and effort you've put in over the year. We've still got you though TheFourPillars
This board is really carrying a lot of key person risk. Probably need to insure 4p for enough to pay a track reporter in the event of his untimely demise 😳

TheFourPillars

homer simpson episode 13 GIF

Ward, CJ, Finn and Weddle are 4 of the best runners in the league - and guys like Croc, Moorey and Amon are no slouches either. Here's hoping they can push each other to be their best.

Was going to head to training today, saw the weather and though the office was a better idea.

Welcome to Arctic Park big Mabs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All on the track.
Chol, Gunston, Amon & Lewis in the far running group away from the main group with DGB, CJ & JOS.
McCabe was there as well.
Reeves light duties.
McCabe from a distance is a double for Ramma.
Bodie Ryan kicked nicely off both sides - no tank as yet.
Watson is sharp across the ground - more sprinting activity today.
From younger group, Serong, BMac & Stephens all were impressive with work ethic
Josh Ward was good today as well - putting the sprinting coach to work well with his increased speed and voice during drills.

I'll be mighty pissed of if The_Axeman has retired and then pops up doing training reports for The Roos ;). Seriously though thanks for the time and effort you've put in over the year. We've still got you though TheFourPillars

I have the Roos pre season covered!

Attachments

• B0ED7BEF-2F46-4015-AC09-6577238DA77D.jpeg
    B0ED7BEF-2F46-4015-AC09-6577238DA77D.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 157
Hawks Insta reels has a bit of biffo after Weddle got taken in a tackle. Great toss at the end by Newcombe. Who was the guy who brought down Weddle initially? The dark haired one.
acfa9d0ed7bda45884ef4372f64b742e.jpg

Hawks Insta reels has a bit of biffo after Weddle got taken in a tackle. Great toss at the end by Newcombe. Who was the guy who brought down Weddle initially? The dark haired one.
acfa9d0ed7bda45884ef4372f64b742e.jpg
Its not Weddle its stephens if that the incident where they ended up wrestling and the guy that tackled him was Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back