Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

For what its worth. Scrimshaw who had his issues last pre season looks great out there today. His kicking was a standout and he looks fit and primed

Physically CJ has looked the best he has in quite a few months.

This is what I forgot to mention more of last week in my training report. He looks like he’s getting around with high levels of confidence. You can tell he’s put the work in and it’s not BS anymore. Looks great out there doesn’t he..

Is it likely that the cause of his calf issues also caused the Achilles injury or are they unrelated?

I'm keen to see whether this forced lay off & proper rehab helps his other persistent leg issues

sven_inc any idea mate?

Apologies if this has already been answered but I’m playing catch-up on the thread as we speak!

One thing we see a lot is that because we call them different things - like a calf and an achilles, it gives off the impression that they are seperate, isolated things, when in fact one just flows into the other.

Obviously I can’t be sure without getting my hands on him, but I’d expect them to based on the same root dysfunction - just expressing itself differently.

Without wanting to bore anyone, I usually find calves and achilles have a strong relationship to things like restricted ankle joints and lower back dysfunction.

Chad is one I’d love to assess for myself to get an understanding of why he’s been dealing with what he has.

Great to hear he’s making strong progress!

Thanks for reports. Any views on who’s in the best 25 - ie serong, butler, DGB, Mackenzie, Ramma, Watson in the mix?
I may have forgotten one or two, but here are the players that started in the white bibs for match simulation.

Croc
Chol
Bmac
Meek
Hardwick
Dambrosio
Scrimma
Serong
Newcombe
Nash
Ginnivan
Ward
Weddle
CJ
Breust
Moore
Sicily
Impey

Then players who swapped into the white bibs as match sim continued were
Ramma
Amon
Frost
Watson
Frenchie

Interestingly Worpel and Reeves didn’t end up in the bibs during the match simulation

Shammy, Gunners, Chad and Lewis sat out

Last edited:
Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcombe's speed in the agility pole exercise on Instagram is unreal for a bloke of his build.

How frustrating that we'll now never know if he matches Christian Petracca's weight. At last check he was 2kgs behind him.
After seeing the cash converters ad, pretty sure the 2kg is all in skull thickness.

Rolled Ankle

Chill
Yeah, if more people got to training they’d see that the “rehab” group is a revolving door of players with little niggles, body management or minor injuries from session to session.

Yeah, if more people got to training they’d see that the “rehab” group is a revolving door of players with little niggles, body management or minor injuries from session to session.
So our Coaches & Trainers are incompetent & our players are always injured?

#BFLOGIC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back