Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he means
Essendon Out: BZT
Port Out: Sam Hayes

TBH I don't know anything about him, other than his hair doesn't look red enough.

You know it’s a bad suggestion when people literally can’t understand it.

He will be a very well paid seconds player at Port.
Wish him all the best but think his senior games tally won't rise too much in the near future.
Hope I'm wrong.

I don't do the trade speculation thing really, but I feel like that's overs.
Sinn is always injured and no guarantee to play and 72 is practically nothing.
The late pick can be used to upgrade Baldwin who has to come off the rookie list. Sinn is a risk but so is the draft . Even more so this years draft by he sound of it.

The late pick can be used to upgrade Baldwin who has to come off the rookie list. Sinn is a risk but so is the draft . Even more so this years draft by he sound of it.
Not sure I'm following the logic here, whatever our last pick is will be used for Baldwin. This doesn't add value to the #72 pick in a trade sense, and as ghostdog suggested I agree it's useless.

We are not going to take a lot of picks in the draft anyway so it does not matter if you have pick 72 for an upgrade an use the 3 earlier picks for the ND.

Port also traded a future 2nd for Aliir, who was the same age, had a similar experience profile, was also a key plank in a very bad side and was by all relevant metrics, a manifestly inferior footballer than what Zerk was at that age.

Future 2nd a nice sweet spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port also traded a future 2nd for Aliir, who was the same age, had a similar experience profile, was also a key plank in a very bad side and was by all relevant metrics, a manifestly inferior footballer than what Zerk was at that age.

This 10000%

Except when Essendon played Sydney and Aliir “intercepted” everything we sent forward.

I’m right in saying s**t-kicking into the forward line and being marked by a defender is deemed an intercept?!

Except when Essendon played Sydney and Aliir “intercepted” everything we sent forward.

I’m right in saying s**t-kicking into the forward line and being marked by a defender is deemed an intercept?!

Ok so a future first then given Zerk hasn’t had the opportunity to fill his boots against Essendon?

Need to get BZT to say he is happy to go to Adelaide if a suitable deal can’t be struck (with Port)
The problem we're going to have is that if we take two live picks to the draft, they'll be 8 and 28.. anything that comes in later in the draft would not be of much use except to upgrade Baldwin. 🤔

The problem we're going to have is that if we take two live picks to the draft, they'll be 8 and 28.. anything that comes in later in the draft would not be of much use except to upgrade Baldwin.

33 including Baldwin (currently)
Minus 3 for Snelling and BZT, Shiel? = 30
+ 3 (McKay, Gresham, Goldstein)
= 33 Again
This means we are picking 3 + Baldwin upgrade. To hit the 36 minimum.

33 including Baldwin (currently)
Minus 3 for Snelling and BZT, Shiel? = 30
+ 3 (McKay, Gresham, Goldstein)
= 33 Again
This means we are picking 3 + Baldwin upgrade. To hit the 36 minimum.
So you’re sacking Snelling then?

Also possible Shiel stays AND we get Gresham, Goldstein.

Plus the size of the rookie list is impacted by the size of the senior list, we did drop Monty and Hunter could come onto the list that way, then Baldwin’s upgrade leaves us with one spot for both the rookie draft and SSP.

So you’re sacking Snelling then?

Also possible Shiel stays AND we get Gresham, Goldstein.

Plus the size of the rookie list is impacted by the size of the senior list, we did drop Monty and Hunter could come onto the list that way, then Baldwin’s upgrade leaves us with one spot for both the rookie draft and SSP.

Yeah, it could play out a number of ways. I was just guessing a way that 3 live picks might be taken (based on rumours and reporting)
Even in that manufactured scenario, Port’s pick 38 is an upgrade of 9 spots from our 3rd round pick @ 47.

Yeah, it could play out a number of ways. I was just guessing a way that 3 live picks might be taken (based on rumours and reporting)
Even in that manufactured scenario, Port’s pick 38 is an upgrade of 9 spots from our 3rd round pick @ 47.
Even if we took 3 live picks in the draft, we have picks 8 and 28 to begin with. If we get a top 30 pick for Shiel then getting a 30-50 pick for BZT would be pretty pointless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back