History 5/2/15 New allegations of Saudi involvement in 9/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon the 28 redacted pages may tell a different story

you can reckon whatever you want. I prefer to work with what is available. having said that, the 28 pages might tell more of the story, but I doubt it removes KSM's role in fundraising and organising.

Rubbish, they cherry-picked UNMOVIC reports to highlight the spurious claims of Iraqi non-compliance with inspections. One only has to remember the way Valerie Plame was outed as a CIA operative, due to hubby's dismissal of the Niger-uraniam theory, as an example of how they tried to suppress any evidence that did not support their unbridled march towards war

oh, they certainly cherry-picked anything that confirmed their biases (not unlike some in this thread) however they had to possess these biases to begin with in order to do so. in other words they all believed saddam had WMDs and they ignored any and all intelligence that indicated he didn't. the over-reliance on curveball is a perfect example of their attitude to intelligence gathering at the time. they were responsible for 'sexing up' any piece of info that supporting their preconceived position, but there is little evidence that bush et al honestly thought Iraq didn't possess weapons. they simply ignored any and all information that contradicted their firmly-held beliefs.

bush and his cronies believed their own spin.

you can reckon whatever you want. I prefer to work with what is available. having said that, the 28 pages might tell more of the story, but I doubt it removes KSM's role in fundraising and organising..

Fair point. My major concern is why were those pages redacted

oh, they certainly cherry-picked anything that confirmed their biases (not unlike some in this thread) however they had to possess these biases to begin with in order to do so. in other words they all believed saddam had WMDs and they ignored any and all intelligence that indicated he didn't. the over-reliance on curveball is a perfect example of their attitude to intelligence gathering at the time. they were responsible for 'sexing up' any piece of info that supporting their preconceived position, but there is little evidence that bush et al honestly thought Iraq didn't possess weapons. they simply ignored any and all information that contradicted their firmly-held beliefs.

bush and his cronies believed their own spin

There's little evidence regarding their actual thoughts on WMD. They were hoping to pin something on Saddam almost immediately post 9/11 in order to justify attacking Iraq. WND which could potentially threaten the citizens of the USA was always gonna be a good selling point for war with the public. Whilst I don't believe that this bunch were the evil genius masterminds portrayed by "troofers" I also don't buy the incompetent imbecile line either

There's little evidence regarding their actual thoughts on WMD. They were hoping to pin something on Saddam almost immediately post 9/11 in order to justify attacking Iraq.

yes they were desperate to do so. the fact they went after Afghanistan instead is another indicator 911 was an outside job.

WND which could potentially threaten the citizens of the USA was always gonna be a good selling point for war with the public. Whilst I don't believe that this bunch were the evil genius masterminds portrayed by "troofers" I also don't buy the incompetent imbecile line either

I guess it's all relative; I absolutely think bush was a buffoon, though obviously not necessarily his staff or advisers. to this day however, I still think they believed their own spin. not that this really matters in the scheme of things, the war was still a colossal mistake.

You suffering from some serious gullibility if you believe that they didnt consciously lie and obfuscate the facts about the WMD case put forward and that they ignored repeated warnings that the information presented was spurious at best. If you cant get past this, no point in having this discussion. You need to overcome your gullible mind syndrome first.

you can reckon whatever you want. I prefer to work with what is available. having said that, the 28 pages might tell more of the story, but I doubt it removes KSM's role in fundraising and organising.

In case anyone hasn't seen Congressman Thomas Massie's reaction to reading those 28 pages, here it is.

I sincerely believe the entire nation needs to see this video.

"I had to stop every couple pages to try to absorb, and try to rearrange my understanding of history for the past 13 years, and the years leading up to that. It challenges you to re-think everything."

The wars a mistake?

Or a plan?

By John Pilger
New Statesman
December 16, 2002

The threat posed by US terrorism to the security of nations and individuals was outlined in prophetic detail in a document written more than two years ago and disclosed only recently. What was needed for America to dominate much of humanity and the world’s resources, it said, was “some catastrophic and catalysing event – like a new Pearl Harbor”. The attacks of 11 September 2001 provided the “new Pearl Harbor”, described as “the opportunity of ages”. The extremists who have since exploited 11 September come from the era of Ronald Reagan, when far-right groups and “think-tanks” were established to avenge the American “defeat” in Vietnam. In the 1990s, there was an added agenda: to justify the denial of a “peace dividend” following the cold war. The Project for the New American Century was formed, along with the American Enterprise Institute, the Hudson Institute and others that have since merged the ambitions of the Reagan administration with those of the current Bush regime.

You suffering from some serious gullibility if you believe that they didnt consciously lie and obfuscate the facts about the WMD case put forward and that they ignored repeated warnings that the information presented was spurious at best. If you cant get past this, no point in having this discussion. You need to overcome your gullible mind syndrome first.

That's one way of saying it

In case anyone hasn't seen Congressman Thomas Massie's reaction to reading those 28 pages, here it is.

I sincerely believe the entire nation needs to see this video.

"I had to stop every couple pages to try to absorb, and try to rearrange my understanding of history for the past 13 years, and the years leading up to that. It challenges you to re-think everything."

why didn't he say "I was amazed to learn that the US government carried out the attacks on September 11, using thermite in the 3 trade centre buildings, a missile at the pentagon and shot down flight 93?"

:drunk:

“There’s nothing in it about national security,” Walter Jones, a Republican congressman from North Carolina who has read the missing pages, contends. “It’s about the Bush Administration and its relationship with the Saudis.” Stephen Lynch, a Massachusetts Democrat, told me that the document is “stunning in its clarity,” and that it offers direct evidence of complicity on the part of certain Saudi individuals and entities in Al Qaeda’s attack on America. “Those twenty-eight pages tell a story that has been completely removed from the 9/11 Report,” Lynch maintains. Another congressman who has read the document said that the evidence of Saudi government support for the 9/11 hijacking is “very disturbing,” and that “the real question is whether it was sanctioned at the royal-family level or beneath that, and whether these leads were followed through.” Now, in a rare example of bipartisanship, Jones and Lynch have co-sponsored a resolution requesting that the Obama Administration declassify the pages.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/twenty-eight-pages

"I think there is very compelling evidence that at least some of the terrorists were assisted not just in financing -- although that was part of it -- by a sovereign foreign government... It will become public at some point when it's turned over to the archives, but that's 20 or 30 years from now."

Words of US Senator Bob Graham, Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, in an interview onNewsHour with Jim Lehrer, December 11, 2002

The BBC published bin Laden's statement of denial in which he said:

"I was not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States nor did I have knowledge of the attacks. There exists a government within a government within the United States. The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself... That secret government must be asked as to who carried out the attacks. ... The American system is totally in control of the Jews, whose first priority is Israel, not the United States."

http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/mossad-agents-911.htm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it! :D

by a sovereign foreign government

as I posted previously, the more someone believed princess Diana was murdered, the more they also believed she was alive.

in this instance though, it's the more I felt the US government was behind the attacks, the more I felt it was actually Saudi Arabia.

you can't make this s**t up :eek:

"I was not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States nor did I have knowledge of the attacks. There exists a government within a government within the United States. The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself... That secret government must be asked as to who carried out the attacks. ... The American system is totally in control of the Jews, whose first priority is Israel, not the United States."

you'd be amazing on a jury lol.

You have so little of substance.

you're the no-degreed mother*er making a fool of himself with high school-level analysis of events he's not even old enough to remember properly.

oh look, OBL taking credit for the attacks:

http://www.aljazeera.com/archive/2004/11/200849163336457223.html

but I forgot! the more you believe Osama was a tool of the US government, the more you believe what he says below! :drunk:

"I think there is very compelling evidence that at least some of the terrorists were assisted

The courts of Denmark and England are important :thumbsu:

i hope you feel their decision was equally as important, kid.

from harrit's facebook fanclub:

The High Court have supported the verdict from City Court, Niels Harrit suffered a juridical loss. But he have how won in other ways, to mention one is the enormous support he have felt from people in the global 9/11 Truth Movement. Thanks for your support, the fight to reveal the lies that started The War On Terror continues!!!

yeah, even when they lose they win! :drunk:

so essentially, journalist isn't punished for calling harrit a "crackpot" (i wonder why?). i also note that your supposed dedication to "free speech" took a suspicious backseat while you applauded this legal farce. you're an intellectual peasant CountryRace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back