800 officers required to remove plastic sword. Nah, the MSM isn't in on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

No they didn't - read it again... and even if they did what your point? !
Thats called sitting on the fence, hurt much?

sheepfence.jpg

I just find it awesome that the media, who is controlled by the government, reported this story that makes the government look pretty incompetent. They must’ve missed the memo about how they’re controlled by the “inner party” (mwahahahahahaha).
Media compliance is often coincidental, fear sells and is also a useful mechanism for coercion.

I doubt there is some grand conspiracy in this case, unlike the Iraq war, where the security services directly engaged with the media to push a favorable POV.

However, it does support the idea that the raids were a big showy exercise in post hoc justification, for military action and an attempt to sell the need for new anti terror laws.

It's a con, that seems to work even when the methodology is almost the same

Media compliance is often coincidental, fear sells and is also a useful mechanism for coercion.

I doubt there is some grand conspiracy in this case, unlike the Iraq war, where the security services directly engaged with the media to push a favorable POV.

However, it does support the idea that the raids were a big showy exercise in post hoc justification, for military action and an attempt to sell the need for new anti terror laws.

It's a con, that seems to work even when the methodology is almost the same

sure it’s a con, but not because the media is desperate to sell the idea of war overseas (outer party), but because fear sells. As do tales of terror arrests over plastic swords. It’s pretty stupid to call the media the “outer party” when they’ll regularly take shits all over the inner party when the media’s needs demand it. but the OP is pretty stupid.

sure it’s a con, but not because the media is desperate to sell the idea of war overseas (outer party), but because fear sells. As do tales of terror arrests over plastic swords.
This is reasonable.

However, it is worth noting that historically collusion has existed. Much like the Iraq war, however media outlets are very quick to turn the tables if it looks like towing the same line, will decrease readership. Also much like the bad habit of just reproducing press releases verbatim, it can be laziness, or response to pressure under threat of lost access.

conspiracy

Your so gullible with your tired cries of "conspiracy". Australians have no reason to trust ASIO, any of the police services, government or the media (with the exception of the ABC). They are all lying, there's no terrorists in Australia. None of these people arrested were not really doing anything wrong. None of them had weapons etc none of them planned anything, none of them moved huge wads of money overseas, there's no Australians fighting jihad in Syria or Iraq and ISIS is all our fault.

Last edited:
Your so gullible with your tired cries of "conspiracy". Australians have no reason to trust ASIO, any of the police services, government or the media (with the exception of the ABC). They are all lying, there's no terrorists in Australia. None of these people arrested were not really doing anything wrong. None of them had weapons etc none of them planned anything, none of them moved huge wads of money overseas, there's no Australians fighting jihad in Syria or Iraq and ISIS is all our fault. Am I doing it right?
Nope.

Manic rant lacks focus, 2/10. Plus you quoted the wrong person.

Ignoring your deplorable use of sarcasm, if taken literally many points you make are correct, or nearly so. Australians have no reason to trust ASIO. The government has repeatedly lied re security threats. We are yet to see evidence of weapons, or a grand plot. Lots of money wasted for a PR stunt, aimed at winning favor for a dodgy war and even dodgier new security laws .

Nope.

Manic rant lacks focus, 2/10. Plus you quoted the wrong person.

Ignoring your deplorable use of sarcasm, if taken literally many points you make are correct, or nearly so. Australians have no reason to trust ASIO. The government has repeatedly lied re security threats. We are yet to see evidence of weapons, or a grand plot. Lots of money wasted for a PR stunt, aimed at winning favor for a dodgy war and even dodgier new security laws .

not saying you're wrong in your conclusion, but i'm unsure what evidence you would expect to be provided? isn't that really what the courts are for? to judge the evidence? i can't think offhand of any occasion where joe public was provided with all the facts of a case prior to trial?

Australians have no reason to trust ASIO.

No of course not. Other that their remarkable sustained record keeping us safe. Personally I see most conspiracy theorists as malcontents who've just woken up to the fact that society is not perfect, but instead of striving to make it better, they've concluded that it is innately evil and must be torn down, destroyed, trashed, bombed, disrupted etc etc at every opportunity. This thread for example, calling into question the entire establishment, the presence of a terrorism threat, against all reason because they dont like Tony Abbott...?

Last edited:
Personally I see most conspiracy theorists as malcontents who've just woken up to the fact that society is not perfect, but instead of striving to make it better, they've concuded that it is innately evil and must be torn down, destroyed, trashed, bombed, disrupted etc etc at every opportunity. This thread for example, calling into question the entire establishment because they dont like Tony Abbott...
You're all over it:confused:
Bit like a conspiracy theory really:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moral question: How do people feel about Australian Turks, Iranians, Iraqis, Israelis or Kurds going to the ME to fight against ISIS?

Same as those going to fight for ISIS or a different situation?

Moral question: How do people feel about Australian Turks, Iranians, Iraqis, Israelis or Kurds going to the ME to fight against ISIS?

Same as those going to fight for ISIS or a different situation?
Or how do they feel about young Australians going over to Israel to serve the IDF (or Israel's numerous spook agencies)?

Well Melbournians joining the IDF is pretty standard, but I'm not too comfortable with it.

I mean they are quite literally showing their main allegiance is to a nation that has victimised innocent Australians before by copying and using their passports illegally to murder people on holiday outside of Israel.

As a former stupid and easily impressionable young skinhead/racist, I get really worried by articles like this (from the same sources that spent the last few months promoting ISIS)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...across-australia/story-fni0fee2-1227082897992

They are literally telling dumb marginalised/disaffected whiteboys where to go and sign up for some violence against the Australian community.

Last edited:
You've been had once again, my friends.

There has been two beheadings in London by Islamic nutters and an attempt in the US. There is clearly something to this even if governments milk it (ditto police for their own [$$] purposes. Behind most lies there is a kernel of truth.

If you are looking for something the msm wont cover it is the obvious question - why do we have home grown terrorism? The answer is blatantly obvious. So why is discussion of it basically banned? Why spend a fortune on fridge magnets and police operations when we could dramatically lessen the risk of terrorism at nil cost?

They consider themselves Jews/ Israelis. Why should we consider them Melbournians?

They consider themselves both, but yes I agree its a little unsettling to have a large group of people that have ties to another foreign power and regularly serve that power.

Its actually the opposite of most other refugee groups, where the only time they'd go home is to visit family or fight against the regime they fled from.

Western Israelis going over is less justifiable, because most never fled from Palestine or Israel in the first place. They fled from Europe. But I understand the ideological argument, its just not as strong as say an Irish Australian or Tamil Australian who goes abroad to join a resistance movement.

That said, Melbourne would not be the city it is today without its holocaust survivors and wider Jewish community. Its important to remember one of the strongest "reformist" i.e. secular Jewish lobbies is Melbourne based. If anything, removing Australians from serving in the IDF would likely make Israel even more fundamentalist (as if it can get worse... but yes actually it really can).

There has been two beheadings in London by Islamic nutters and an attempt in the US. There is clearly something to this even if governments milk it (ditto police for their own [$$] purposes. Behind most lies there is a kernel of truth.
Price of fish in Australia etc.
If you are looking for something the msm wont cover it is the obvious question - why do we have home grown terrorism? The answer is blatantly obvious. So why is discussion of it basically banned? Why spend a fortune on fridge magnets and police operations when we could dramatically lessen the risk of terrorism at nil cost?
On this part we are in furious agreement.

Multicultrualism is all about the 'melting pot'.

And like any pot, you can just turn up the heat and let it boil over.

TPTB have used the 'left' as useful idiots in a way that most cannot fathom.

If there is one area that the media is diabolical at reporting its national security stuff. It's hardly a secret that governments and the security services plant stories.
If school were about genuine education, kids wouldn't be allowed to graduate without recalling the key aspects of the Church Committee and Operation Mockingbird.

The reporting re Ukraine violence seemed like a load of tosh to me as well. A huge % of media stuff these days is just PR / regurgitated press releases.
This was the event which woke me up to the ABC. Having long defended them, I finally figured out the fix.

Utterly disgraceful coverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back