News Adelaide to wear SA state jumper in 2014 Showdown (update: SANFL rescind privilege to wear jumper)

Remove this Banner Ad

TheDoctor11

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Oh you Port fans here are going to love this...
BfrtWo5CcAAYh98.jpg

Crows jumper for the first game at Adelaide Oval, against Port.

BfrtWo5CcAAYh98.jpg

I really like that! I wish they could keep it as a permanent away strip, it's easily the best Crows jumper I've ever seen, bar the home one!

I really like that! I wish they could keep it as a permanent away strip, it's easily the best Crows jumper I've ever seen, bar the home one!
It's not that hard to be one of the best Crows jumpers, especially with the way the clashes are going, and the historical representation this one has.

BfrtWo5CcAAYh98.jpg

What the hell.

Hope the Cats can run out in this:

602227-jonathan-brown-and-adam-goodes.jpg

Looks nice.
Yes in State of Origin
No it shouldnt. The jumper is for the South Australian Origin team and only players good enough to represent the state at what ever level should have the honour of wearing.
It's not that hard to be one of the best Crows jumpers, especially with the way the clashes are going, and the historical representation this one has.
The cows dont deserve to call this their jumper. No one in their team has ever represented the state at AFL level. One or two may have at State League Rep level (dont know, cant be bothered looking). They are a franchise that represent part of a state not a state team.

Not to mention out of their best 5 or 6 players only 1 actually is from SA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nigel Smart (Cows Chief of Ops) was just on Triple M. Hes ******* delusional. "State of Origin hasnt been played since 1999" "My kids have no memories of SoO" "SoO is never coming back to the AFL" "I played for SA, occasionally I get my jumpers out from the box under the bed and dust em off" So you think its OK to disrespect and bring down the standing of the SA jumper because it hasnt been played at the top level in 15 years? EJ Whitten passed away in 1995 so is it OK to disrespect him? No I didnt think so!!

Yep Tredders is on the money. To further expand on his point about the Big V, lets say on ANZAC Day 2014 (arguably the biggest game other then the GF) Collingwood run out in the Big V. How would you Vics feel about that.
Or West Coast running out to face a Fremantle who are kitted out in the Yellow with a Black yoke and a Black swan...

Nigel Smart (Cows Chief of Ops) was just on Triple M. Hes ******* delusional. "State of Origin hasnt been played since 1999" "My kids have no memories of SoO" "SoO is never coming back to the AFL" "I played for SA, occasionally I get my jumpers out from the box under the bed and dust em off" So you think its OK to disrespect and bring down the standing of the SA jumper because it hasnt been played at the top level in 15 years? EJ Whitten passed away in 1995 so is it OK to disrespect him? No I didnt think so!!
Wait. Is this whole paragraph about what Nigel Smart said? I'm not 100% sure.

Wow, what happened, did Adelaide undertake a three-month workshop with Satan and Beelzebub with the aim of figuring out how best to piss off Port Adelaide? Cause this must be pretty far up there.

I know if we had to face a team playing in the West Australian state guernsey I'd pitch a fit!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back