News Adelaide to wear SA state jumper in 2014 Showdown (update: SANFL rescind privilege to wear jumper)

Remove this Banner Ad

In the other pic of the jumper there's a logo on the opposite side of the apparel logo.
BftJ7IWCAAIWHrm.jpg:large

Crows and 19th Man logo.

I agree with Port on this matter, the guernsey's meant to unify the State, not divide it and I hope the Crows get smashed just for it.

I am curious to know what would happen if any Victorian club, not just Carlton or Geelong, made an application to wear the Victoria guernsey? Would the AFL allow it? They'd have to, if they can allow SA's and WA's to be worn.
If I was working for the AFL, I'd designate a round for these designs.
All teams have their State's design on their home/away design including all ten Vic clubs for one round incorporating the V somewhere.
I'll try design some with it, though the SoO Round idea's pretty stupid, huh? :D

I agree with Port on this matter, the guernsey's meant to unify the State, not divide it and I hope the Crows get smashed just for it.

If I was working for the AFL, I'd designate a round for these designs.
All teams have their State's design on their home/away design including all ten Vic clubs for one round incorporating the V somewhere.
I'll try design some with it, though the SoO Round idea's pretty stupid, huh? :D
Why not have this Adelaide design in gold play Ports home design, and have west coast in a navy with gold yoke and freo wear white with a purple yoke

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Why not have this Adelaide design in gold play Ports home design, and have west coast in a navy with gold yoke and freo wear white with a purple yoke

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
As long as they're not 100% identical, (colour, other design features) they could use the Big V, Sash/Swan, Double V's etc.

My only question is this. What would NSW and QLD have? Apart from the TAC cup, those two states don't have a SoO kit other than the old Allies guernsey, which I doubt some fans would understand

My only question is this. What would NSW and QLD have? Apart from the TAC cup, those two states don't have a SoO kit other than the old Allies guernsey, which I doubt some fans would understand
Lloyd%2BPerris%2BAFL%2BU18%2BChampionships%2BTraining%2B5docVm9A4NTl.jpg
Isaac%2BConway%2BAFL%2BU18%2BChampionships%2BTraining%2BTf_5LO3ysRbl.jpg

Adelaide should have changed the blue to a more darker, truer Adelaide blue to differentiate it from a SOO jumper.

Much like how we should of changed the black slash to a navy (or royal) blue slash 5 odd years ago.

No doubt it's only slightly different but it's different none the less. I can see Adelaide's (or Nigel Smarts) reasoning but the motive is clearly to stir s**t amongst the Port mob (who are enjoying a dream run of good PR as of late).

Nice looking jumper but adding that 19 s**t is a bit kiddy. Oh and piss off with the names and piss off even more with the 345 bucks.

Adelaide should have changed the blue to a more darker, truer Adelaide blue to differentiate it from a SOO jumper.

Much like how we should of changed the black slash to a navy (or royal) blue slash 5 odd years ago.
The blue is definitely darker than the SANFL kit, and to be fair the Eagles' navy really did awkwardly straddle the line between navy and black

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As you can see, I already know of those. Not to mention that that isn't a NSW kit. That's NSW/ACT. Big difference

As you can see, I already know of those. Not to mention that that isn't a NSW kit. That's NSW/ACT. Big difference
NSW and Queensland had origin footy teams.

Last edited:
Yes in State of Origin

No it shouldnt. The jumper is for the South Australian Origin team and only players good enough to represent the state at what ever level should have the honour of wearing.

The cows dont deserve to call this their jumper. No one in their team has ever represented the state at AFL level. One or two may have at State League Rep level (dont know, cant be bothered looking). They are a franchise that represent part of a state not a state team.

Not to mention out of their best 5 or 6 players only 1 actually is from SA

State of Origin is dead. It has been dead for decades. Get over it.

FWIW, if Essendon, Collingwood or Hawthorn wore a Victorian state jumper, the amount of Fs I give would be between zero and zero.

Two things on this:

1. Port's design is a rip off of the SA guernsey as well, so they can't be getting too upset
2. I wouldn't be particularly pleased, as a Victorian Crows player, if I had to wear an SA guernsey

State of Origin is dead. It has been dead for decades. Get over it.

FWIW, if Essendon, Collingwood or Hawthorn wore a Victorian state jumper, the amount of Fs I give would be between zero and zero.
So because Origin gone and is no chance of returning (at the top level) that gives the Crows the right to piss on the memories and bring down the high standard of the SA jumper? Nigel Smart is that you?

Its great to know you have no pride in your states football jumper, and would be happy to let the memories be dishonoured.
Two things on this:

1. Port's design is a rip off of the SA guernsey as well, so they can't be getting too upset
2. I wouldn't be particularly pleased, as a Victorian Crows player, if I had to wear an SA guernsey
It was drawn by a 7 year old who copied her dads Aust Rugby League jumper
Lucy Burford, a Port Adelaide fan who is a grade one student at Ardtornish Primary School in suburban St Agnes, used the Australian Rugby League jumper owned by her father Martyn as an inspiration for the teal and white V being placed on a black background.
source: http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/back-to-black-for-port-adelaide/2009/09/20/1253384902776.html

So because Origin gone and is no chance of returning (at the top level) that gives the Crows the right to piss on the memories and bring down the high standard of the SA jumper? Nigel Smart is that you?

Its great to know you have no pride in your states football jumper, and would be happy to let the memories be dishonoured.

It was drawn by an 7 year old who copied her dads Aust Rugby League jumper

source: http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/back-to-black-for-port-adelaide/2009/09/20/1253384902776.html
Although I don't really think Adelaide should wear it, the "high standard" argument doesn't hold much water considering these days part-time footballers get to wear it.

It was drawn by a 7 year old who copied her dads Aust Rugby League jumper

Hahaha...yep, no similarities there.

captains.jpg

761681-john-platten.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back