Adelaide United 2016/17 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite an unbelievable turnaround really, they looked absolutely lost in the first 9 rounds. Hopeless at the back, no flair, no composure.

Complete 180, Redbacks look finished but man the Reds are looking good. Top 2 spot would be a massive boost, week off and home semi. Finish 1st and guarantee an ACL spot as well.

Last time they played the Victory - they were bottom and winless, and the A-League had the active group walk out crisis.

Now - unbeaten (in the A-League) since that night at Etihad, and the A-League having the active groups bringing the game into disrepute crisis.

Of course, in true Adelaide United style, they've lost the one game that really counted in that run.

Last time they played the Victory - they were bottom and winless, and the A-League had the active group walk out crisis.

Now - unbeaten (in the A-League) since that night at Etihad, and the A-League having the active groups bringing the game into disrepute crisis.

Of course, in true Adelaide United style, they've lost the one game that really counted in that run.
Did it really matter though ?? Our club like ours isn't going to trouble the big guns of Asia like we have done before. The top end spend much much more than they did last time we were there and our salary cap dictates we are the same.

It would have been nice to make the group stage but in reality the league charge is more important.

We play Brisbane this week once again coming off a massive bollocking. Win this and we are in the top 2.

Still think we should be looking at a Babalj replacement, Tommy Oar potentially.

Did it really matter though ?? Our club like ours isn't going to trouble the big guns of Asia like we have done before. The top end spend much much more than they did last time we were there and our salary cap dictates we are the same.

It would have been nice to make the group stage but in reality the league charge is more important.

We play Brisbane this week once again coming off a massive bollocking. Win this and we are in the top 2.

Still think we should be looking at a Babalj replacement, Tommy Oar potentially.

We won't win it without a proper striker when he whips are cracking.

We won't win it without a proper striker when he whips are cracking.
But we've kicked the same amount of goals as Victory. Does it matter who kicks the goals, as long as someone does? Victory's opposition can shut out Berisha and who else kicks their goals? Who do our opposition shut down? Someone else can bob up and kick a goal anyway.

But we've kicked the same amount of goals as Victory. Does it matter who kicks the goals, as long as someone does? Victory's opposition can shut out Berisha and who else kicks their goals? Who do our opposition shut down? Someone else can bob up and kick a goal anyway.
In big games you need the bailout option. We don't have that currently, albeit Bruce wasn't offside when he hit the back of the net Friday and his getting better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had 4 u23 players on the pitch tonight, 5 if you include Warland off the bench. They are all local players, and then you have Goodwin and Hall on the bench and McGowan and Marrone thats 9 from 15 in the matchday squad.

There was a time in the late 80s and early 90s when we dominated the NSL and Socceroo lineups, I do like what the club and Amor/Gombau have done in bringing in local talent.

In big games you need the bailout option. We don't have that currently, albeit Bruce wasn't offside when he hit the back of the net Friday and his getting better.
how often have we lost 1-0 to a ridiculous strike from 15+ yards out? A damn sight more than we've ever won games off similar strikes...

meh to be honest, would rather concentrate on winning something domestically first - bag the double, reload, and attack the ACL next year. History has shown that Aussie teams struggle to fight the war on two fronts.

This week is the big one. Win it and we will win the league IMO. Lose and I reckon we finish 3rd.

Watched the last half after the footy was going naff. I can't say I've been watching all the games but have kept tabs. After the bad start to the season and maybe some impatience externally it has been great that the team stuck to the style they have been trying to play. The Manager Amor has got them United. Just wish I could get to know him better as the language barrier is a difficulty during press conferences . As said above I noticed clinical control of the game. Very tight defensively and great one touch passing. I hope they get the premiers plate and the championship. Seems to be and even spread of contributions and everybody playing for a common goal. Go you Reds!:thumbsu: And Spurs :drunk:

Brisbane in the box seat though they are playing a victory side that just played away In Asia and without their star striker.... but we only need a draw.

I find it interesting that the A-League make a bit of a song and dance over the minor premiership.

It really means nothing unless we win the big one.

No, it's pretty big to be honest. A lot of people in the A-league treat it as the real thing, and rightly so. Plus automatic ACL qualification is nice, although it could derail next season in the A-League but worry about that later.

No, it's pretty big to be honest. A lot of people in the A-league treat it as the real thing, and rightly so. Plus automatic ACL qualification is nice, although it could derail next season in the A-League but worry about that later.

So we could choke in the semi finals and still have a spot in the ACL group stage?

They're an odd bunch at the FFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back