Adelaide United 2016/17 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Troisi qualify as marquee?
Yep, Eugenes salary has been partially taken by the 'loyalty bonus' you now get for 5+years service. We no longer have a marquee player in any position.

And Flakes isn't an option now right? Signed up with an Asian club?
Couldn't pay him as much as the Malaysians. Ah well Elsey is doing a great job.

As for SVD I reckon it'll be Pablo to make way if anyone. Seems strange to sign him for just the ACL.

Yeah he does but his issue is his lack of physicality to play the role he's playing. Finishes well and shows good touch but he's slow and isn't strong enough to hold the ball like SVD. Would rather get rid of La Rocca personally.

Cirio and Eugene possible out tonight, meaning a 3rd string keeper could get a run. Cirio we have cover in the aforementioned Sanchez but it might make the job harder.

After all Griffin and Vals grandstanding about Troisi we look like missing out on him. Typical really.

Yeah he does but his issue is his lack of physicality to play the role he's playing. Finishes well and shows good touch but he's slow and isn't strong enough to hold the ball like SVD. Would rather get rid of La Rocca personally.

Cirio and Eugene possible out tonight, meaning a 3rd string keeper could get a run. Cirio we have cover in the aforementioned Sanchez but it might make the job harder.

After all Griffin and Vals grandstanding about Troisi we look like missing out on him. Typical really.
Where is troisi going?

Where is troisi going?
Rumour is he told Wellington he was going to an Asian club.

TBH I dont think we need him at his wages because we have enough wingers.

Scrappy win tonight, a game we'd have lost early in the year. I love 80% of Bruces game but he needs to sit for Babalj for a week or 2 before Serg gets fit. All his good work is ruined by the final product.

I might add that James was a guest of the club at tonights game, and parked his Audi R8 in the players carpark. Not as much fanfare as SVD.

Props to both debut keepers tonight, solid games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will have one soon.

Plus I think its time Babalj got a start

Momentum is building.......

Poor Eli though, shades of Tex.

How do more knowledgable people see us going after losing Malik and Jeggo? Do we have adequate cover? Do we have our sights on anyone in the transfer window?

Jeggo is replaced by Mauk.
Malik has been replaced in the first XI by Elsey's successful return from injury.

We have less depth now, but that can be fixed if we sign some more. We have 2 spots free - and a 3rd with Babalj's ACL giving an injury replacement.

Jeggo is replaced by Mauk.
Malik has been replaced in the first XI by Elsey's successful return from injury.

We have less depth now, but that can be fixed if we sign some more. We have 2 spots free - and a 3rd with Babalj's ACL giving an injury replacement.
Any word on whether we'll fill those spots?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back