Game Day Adelaide v Geelong - Sunday 5 July, 2:50pm, Adelaide Oval (match abandoned)

Remove this Banner Ad

An image of part of the crowd from the Adelaide Oval Facebook page.

11665571_867573113292584_691104342547334665_n.jpg

Geez, I was really looking forward to this match. I had a good feeling we would win well.

If only based on the adage that you play next week like you finished this week. Our last quarter against the Lions saw us click again. Easy to forget how we obliterated them .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks team for the updates. I live out of town and was unable to get there. The last few days have been dark.
I didn't feel like watching another game of footy again. I forced my self to sit through every game. I never, watch every game in a round.
Every Tribute was so moving, the more I watched the more ease I had. I have been totally blessed and lifted up, by the great people at the oval today paying tribute to Phil.
I am devastated that we won't see Phil hold the title of The Crows greatest premiership coach. But I will always be grateful for the great testimony he leaves us with.
I felt the Brisbane game was not a fitting way to say goodbye. Phil in his last press conference said he was a glass half full guy who was proud of the players for finding a way to win. He also called it what it was to.
I think though he would have had satisfaction the foundations he was laying were starting to show.
Thanks Phil for laying the foundations of authenticity, elite mindset and the ability to resurrect ourselves from a crap situation.
Today I stand a lot taller and a lot prouder to be a Crow.
R.I.P Walshy
Weflyasone

Thanks team for the updates. I live out of town and was unable to get there. The last few days have been dark.
I didn't feel like watching another game of footy again. I forced my self to sit through every game. I never, watch every game in a round.
Every Tribute was so moving, the more I watched the more ease I had. I have been totally blessed and lifted up, by the great people at the oval today paying tribute to Phil.
I am devastated that we won't see Phil hold the title of The Crows greatest premiership coach. But I will always be grateful for the great testimony he leaves us with.
I felt the Brisbane game was not a fitting way to say goodbye. Phil in his last press conference said he was a glass half full guy who was proud of the players for finding a way to win. He also called it what it was to.
I think though he would have had satisfaction the foundations he was laying were starting to show.
Thanks Phil for laying the foundations of authenticity, elite mindset and the ability to resurrect ourselves from a crap situation.
Today I stand a lot taller and a lot prouder to be a Crow.
R.I.P Walshy
Weflyasone

Brilliant post. Love the way you mentioned his final presser - went out positive but didn't sugar coat anything. Just said it straight.

"We've got some work to do now".

Indeed we do.

I've tried to keep busy this weekend to avoid thinking about it too much. Most of my weekends are arranged around leaving time for when the Crows play, an arrangement that often annoys my wife. Today after taking the dog for a walk and tidying some things up around the shed, I sat outside on our garden bench for a rest. The wind was calm, the sky was blue, a perfect day for footy. I looked at my watch and realised the first quarter would have just started. I said to my wife "I'm supposed to be watching footy right now." Usually that would result in an eye roll and a groan, but today it meant a hug and a patient set of human ears to talk things out to in a vain effort to try and make sense of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back