AFL 2015, Round 1 - Sydney v Essendon, ANZ Stadium, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

3 QTR TIME: "This is a famous victory for Essendon." – Moons
2j4attc.png

lol, that was a different coach, different season, different conditions, different team, different ground. But a pattern no doubt

Different grounds, Different coach different season and different conditions - yet the same result. Lead by 5 goals and lose.

The only factor in the equation is watson, heppell and co that played the last 3 games. IMO you have a lot of mentally weak players that fold under sustained pressure.

Yes it is, stop blaming every one
I don't understand why you are regurgitating this crap, you get ZERO points for being 40 points up during the game.

You do however get ridiculed and labelled with the choking tag when you lose from that position, especially in the wet.

Your God was on the sidelines trying to coach but was drowned out by the boo's from the football savvy crowd. The same crowd who don't know their own players' names.

But if you are happy with humiliation, good for you, it's been a week of celebration at the bowls club, oops sorry, the hangar.

May you party long into the night rejoicing the fact you were 40 points up against the slowest starters in the comp.
Didn't you hear that Dank was treated like the God, he wasn't on the sidelines.

The fact they only played one decent 1/4 of footy shows they are set for a slippery slope as in they can't put 4 quarters together.
Actually the Swans started better than last year where the lost to GWS. Lost round 2 as well. Sounds like they're getting better, not going down anything slippery slopes if that's any indication.

Different grounds, Different coach different season and different conditions - yet the same result. Lead by 5 goals and lose.

The only factor in the equation is watson, heppell and co that played the last 3 games. IMO you have a lot of mentally weak players that fold under sustained pressure.
Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon just ran out of puff. No choking involved. Swans looked like they needed the run too.

Understandable considering they were sat at the front bar of the bowls club all pre season,

run out of puff, injured players, switch off, whatever, it was a choke.

Understandable considering they were sat at the front bar of the bowls club all pre season,

run out of puff, injured players, switch off, whatever, it was a choke.
Think its more helpful to try and keep some of our understandable antipathy towards the Bombers admin in some sort of perspective when the players( blameless for mine) get on the field. And yep overrun in the last quarter-just looked tired to me -we have a pre-season for a reason.

It's funny reading how concerned people are about my club, Lapses and coaching appointments I suppose that's normal when you're a relevant club.

Somehow I don't share the same concerns, I'm pretty happy with the effort we put in, We obviously were handicapped in the last and folded pretty convincingly but I reckon John and his team feel they got out of jail.

Remember we're the team that finished 8th and we made the grand finalists on a deck they know well and in their faverite conditions play some pretty good footy to beat us in the end.

Beating the Hawks will more than make up for the loss but i cant see it happening why must we play last year GF the first 2 weeks.

To be fair it is actually good I think over the season. Your players will get great match practice and loose games that will not really affect their capability to push the top 8/top 4.

It would have been worse for essendon to get run over the top by a team that they would have penciled a win against. Though we can only speculate what would have happened against a different team, different venue and different conditions

Off field maybe not - but on field - yes.

You can't stop sides running over the top of you.
I think this is a bit different to the other chokes we've had, notably Collingwood, Melbourne and North. In those games, they legitimately crumbled to pieces. Had nothing to do with fitness.

In this game however, you could see them tire and hope for the boundary line throughout the last quarter. Normally a good hand balling side, they were passing it tired and short to Sydney players. I'm not worried one bit that we lost today. Sydney, Hawthorn and North all lost round one. 3 out of 4 preliminary finalists, including the two grand finalists. Plus, it is against Sydney in Sydney in the wet without any match practice while activating our sub early and losing an important player so I thought it was okay, with the first 3 quarters being great. Disappointing last quarter, but it was expected.

Think its more helpful to try and keep some of our understandable antipathy towards the Bombers admin in some sort of perspective when the players( blameless for mine) get on the field. And yep overrun in the last quarter-just looked tired to me -we have a pre-season for a reason.

That's fine, you have sympathy for that club

I don't and associate every loss or win as a united club effort

EFC are one, just ask the loyal followers of Albert

oh complete rubbish! Every game is different. Nth outplayed us last year for the second half, simple. There was no last quarter choke it was the better team gaining ascendancy in the second half of the game.

Well you choked against the Swans. Can't claim they gained an "ascendancy in the second half" when you out scored them in the third quarter.

Insert heimlich.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back