Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Semi Final (Week 2) - Port v GWS Sat Sept 16th 7:10pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 49 46.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love the Giants to get up and win this but the realist in me just can’t see it happening. They have proven me wrong multiple times during their purple patch though so here’s hoping the same thing happens again

So hard for interstate teams not finishing in a home final first week.
GWS will be gallant but just too hard back up back to back away final trips.
We did it in 2019 - Beat Brisbane in Brisbane, then Collingwood at the G

we‘ve won at 11 different venues this year, so the “anywhere anytime” attitude is with us.

that said, I don’t think we’ll be winning this one somehow.

Based on what I saw with Port last night I would not be surprised to see the Giants beat them away. GWS have been the best travelling team this year IRRC

GWS by 15

We did it in 2019 - Beat Brisbane in Brisbane, then Collingwood at the G

we‘ve won at 11 different venues this year, so the “anywhere anytime” attitude is with us.

that said, I don’t think we’ll be winning this one somehow.
Think it's about belief. If this team truly believes, they can. I get the feeling atm they feel they can beat anyone and it shows.

Still tipping Port but I think Giants are a real chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS you reckon are a good chance. They have no fear in away games. Prelim appearance from 7th after a slow start to the season.

This about as good a take as I’ve seen …. And from a pies supporter … crikey
I know right, the world is getting to be a different place.
I could believe the most hated team thread, didn't have us in the top three.

Now some of us kind, polite and starting to make sense.

With the advancement in dentistry, soon you won't even recognize us when we smile :D

Last edited:
I know right, the world is getting to be a different place.
I could believe the most hated team thread, didn't have us in the top three.

Now some of us kind, polite and starting to make sense.

With the advancement in dentistry, soon so won't even recognize us when we smile :D
You deserve a like but I don’t have functionality at the moment after Saturdays game … do take this as a like

You'd think Port Adelaide should win at home, but they'd need to get their centre square sorted out. They were so lacking against Brisbane it was almost laughable. I cannot recall a final where one team were able to take the ball out of the centre so easily. Aliir is not a checking full back, so they need to work that out as well. Horne-Francis needs to get more involved in the game, and any repeat of that woeful exhibition of kicking for goal will see the Giants through to the Preliminary.

Giants a very solid finals team. Accustomed to hostile environments. Confidence high.
Port have been disappointing in finals, except for, what, 2014? . Have a special 'fun' song with scarves. Confidence low.

Giants by 22

Port at home is a big advantage.
That being said though, GWS are the one team that welcome travel and are up for a fight anywhere.

Home Ground - Port
Talent - GWS

Hopefully the umpires won't get sucked in by the crowd and we could be in for a great game.

Please win GWS. I can't fathom going to the G and seeing that supporter base celebrate smashing us. We get what we deserve, and what we deserve is egg on our face for signing that fraud for another 2 years. heck you koch

Hopefully the umpires won't get sucked in by the crowd and we could be in for a great game.

They never do for us at home. GWS will get the ride because of being an AFL product and of course the illusion that is the Sydney market.

We got the umpires run in Brisbane because AFL did not want the Gabba hosting the PF and a strong chance of making the GF. The AFL is trying to engineer an all Vic GF.

They never do for us at home. GWS will get the ride because of being an AFL product and of course the illusion that is the Sydney market.

We got the umpires run in Brisbane because AFL did not want the Gabba hosting the PF and a strong chance of making the GF. The AFL is trying to engineer an all Vic GF.
Watch out for the 5G towers because that's how they get you.

Back