Review AFL 2nd Qualifying Final autopsy - Fremantle defeats Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not think West would have made the difference in the ruck. Only Simpson, maybe HMac would have made a difference. Need a taller bigger ruckman.

We were so inept going forward at times it was just not Geelong we know.

Crowley fixed up SJ when he went onto him and that is a concern. Selwood's lack of possessions and influence even harder to fathom. Bundy hardly sighted and Kelly well down on his usual form.

Caddy is not up to standard yet and that is a concern also.

Why not play GHS ? We need some better mids and a ruckman - though I think Dawson will be ok next season.

So yes we were let down by some young ones but some more experienced players were also pretty ordinary.

If we go out in straight sets then that will be the sign we got ahead of ourselves a bit and the team is not making the transition as well as we thought. Then again it is hard to keep winning and transition a side - especially when you get key injuries. What a loss Simpson and Hawkins were.

Varcoe was very poor. Difficult to remember if he had an effective disposal all day, really missed Enright in that second half, hope he can make a return and his injury isn't all that bad.

Sandilands destroyed us, the clearance work, and acting as a target both forward and coming out of defense. Why they can get out of their back half TIME AND AGAIN through tall targets, just angers me thinking about it.

Freo seemed to play the percentages much better than us, their gameplan matches up so well against ours, the total field grind, with our game relying on super slickness to pull off correctly, and with that pressure it just fell apart. Credit to freo for their ferocious attack.

Bombing into the forward line resulted in nothing, the forward line was disfunctional today, and could not seem to lock it in.

Much to improve if we expect to not go out in straight sets.

We must have done a few things right then to get that close on the scoreboard. I would not mind a return game against Freo at the GF. Just a couple of hurdles to overcome first.
Yep. We were good today. Just Sandilands and poor forward entries were our downfall.

Am borderline seething to be honest.
Changes:
Out: Enright (knee), Walker (horrible), Lonergan (worse), Blicavs (seriously we need an actual ruckman).
In: Both Hunts, West, Horlin Smith.

This x1,000. It's our only hope.

*sigh* Oh well, at least I have the Seahawks season to look forward to.

Disagree, Simpson was in outstanding form and would have done a more than respectable show out there

Guess we'll never know now. We are talking about one of the best tap rucks we've seen play, over a project player that's played a handful of games in 6 years or so?

Geez, been at work all day and checked the score.........WTF happened?

Played well early, were up in the second quarter but they kicked 5 goals to 2 before half time.

Then they flooded the crap out of the game in the last quarter, we dominated possessions and inside 50's but blindly bombed it into the wall every time.

Then Hill gets the ball pretty much from the interchange and kicks a goal to end it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointed with our crowd noise. Our supporters were loud in the first quarter and virtually shut up when Fremantle hit the front in the second quarter. I was sitting in the Brownlow stand and the Freo fans opposite me drowned out the entire Geelong crowd.

Guess we'll never know now. We are talking about one of the best tap rucks we've seen play, over a project player that's played a handful of games in 6 years or so?
It wasn't just sandilands, it was Clarke too who killed us, vardy and blicavs just can't compete in th hit outs, Simpson can, it would have been significantly more even then it was today in the hit outs with Simpson playing, absolutely no doubt in my mind about it, he beat some very quality rucks this year including Clarke himself

I want a ban on the Geelong Advertiser doing anything but neutral reporting on Geelong games, along with a ban on putting anything about Geelong on the front page. They just pump the ego's of the band wagon Geelong supporters and make the rest of us look like f*** wit flogs
The Addy shites me to tears some times for the same reasons.

Jimmy's game was ok but IMO he started a bit fumbly like many of our guys.

I agree Mackie was better - but we did not have many good players on the day.

BOG for me was Jimmy Bartel.

Didn't let us down once. I can't even begin to explain my love for the guy.

hah kids these days. he wasnt the worst on field but i certainly dont have the confidence in him that i use too. he constantly gets beaten these days.
he played the loose man for alot of the game boosting his stats, was a few players that were much better than he was today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back