Other AFL/NFL Player Comparisons

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL = AFL Comparisons

Scott MacFlaherty said:
What? You mean a guy with all the physical tools, but still can't win anything?

Uh...yes. A guy who has been in the league 5 years, one as a rookie on the bench, and one season out with a broken leg, in only 3 years as a starter has won over 30 games and made it to the NFC Championship with a less than stellar supporting cast.

But besides that, if you could read, you would realize this post was a player on player comparison. And there is not a single AFL player comparible to M.Vick.

Vick>Footy said:
Uh...yes. A guy who has been in the league 5 years, one as a rookie on the bench, and one season out with a broken leg, in only 3 years as a starter has won over 30 games and made it to the NFC Championship with a less than stellar supporting cast.

But besides that, if you could read, you would realize this post was a player on player comparison. And there is not a single AFL player comparible to M.Vick.

You could also say there's not a singleNFL player comparable to Peter Street, but that doesn't make him a superstar

Lenny Briscoe said:
You could also say there's not a singleNFL player comparable to Peter Street, but that doesn't make him a superstar

I could say that about alot of AFL players actually. But there is no man in the AFL that could match this guys athletic ability or speed. In fact, most elite AFL players don't have the 4:4 times of average NFL wide recievers. That's not my opinion, that's fact.
i.e. If you have DB's in the NFL that are just a hair off 4:4 time compared to the WR they are covering, allowing them to be open all day, how are you gonna cover a guy like Terrel Owens, Randy Moss, or a M.Vick on a larger, more open field with their breakaway speed? Honest question, not retorical. Give me one guy in AFL that can cover these guys?

Vick>Footy said:
I could say that about alot of AFL players actually. But there is no man in the AFL that could match this guys athletic ability or speed. In fact, most elite AFL players don't have the 4:4 times of average NFL wide recievers. That's not my opinion, that's fact.
i.e. If you have DB's in the NFL that are just a hair off 4:4 time compared to the WR they are covering, allowing them to be open all day, how are you gonna cover a guy like Terrel Owens, Randy Moss, or a M.Vick on a larger, more open field with their breakaway speed? Honest question, not retorical. Give me one guy in AFL that can cover these guys?
That is true. NFL has probably had the fastest sprinters in ANY code of football (including one guy Hayes ? who was a co holder of the world 100 metres record) but then NFL doesn't have any runners that can go with the elite AFL runners (such as Cousins) over the course of a game of football.It is simply a matter of differnt types of athleticism being needed for different games. NFL is explosive; things happen in fast, short bursts. AFL needs more endurance because of the continuous running.

sydney eagle said:
AFL needs more endurance because of the continuous running.
Running into 'space' for cheap possessions.

NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>daylight >> afl

Jon Hay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mike Vick:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Akermanis is...........

johnson_175.jpg

Or maybe that should be Peter Everitt? :)

footylover18 said:
Dunno if this has been covered in the AFL forum but I thought i'd get all your opinions on this one.

Aker is the AFL's equivalent of.........

-Randy Moss
-T.O
-Kellen Winslow 2
-Jeremy Shockey
-Keyshawn
-other (who?)

These guys mentioned can LEARN a heck o' lot from Aker. (Looks out for #1) Talks the talk, walks the walk. Good on him...the NFL list of players u mention are just stupid monkeys. They reap easy bananas but slip up too often. Aker has a licence to tell ya where it's at, even if he wants to play the media...big deal, I'm OK with Aker, has the bite to back up his bark. :p

We have all seen the threads comparing AFL teams to NFL teams. However some people don't support a team but a player (girls in particular support a handful of players).

So why not start off an AFL/ NFL comparison thread.
I'll start off with a few basic ones.

Michael Vick/ Ben Cousins - Both destroyed their careers through their off field actions and miraculously fought back to play for a different team.

Carson Palmer/ Nathan Brown - After horrifying injures, both players came from being one of the top players in the game to players that are just prolonging their career.

Tom Brady/ James Hird - Essendon fans are going to hate me but it is an obvious comparison. Both were late draft picks that came through the ranks to be their teams biggest name for over a decade. Both lead thier teams to the ultimate glory.

Barry Sanders/ Matthew Pavlich - Both players are the best at what they do (Barry Sanders as an elusive back, Matthew Pavlich as a versitle player) however both their talents were ruined on being in teams that will never go to a grand final or superbowl.

David Carr/ Josh Fraser - Both players argubely ruined their careers by being relied on too often early on in their career and consequently was subject to huge punishment. Both players were also #1 draft picks.

That should get you all started, I missed a few so I could use them later. Have fun, be creative as possible and so on.

Re: AFL/ NFL player comparison thread

David Carr/ Josh Fraser - Both players argubely ruined their careers by being relied on too often early on in their career and consequently was subject to huge punishment. Both players were also #1 draft picks.

This is a good one :thumbsu:

Adrian Peterson / Cyril Rioli - both top 10 picks with SPEEEEEEED! Both burst onto the scene in their first season and helped their teams to the playoffs.

Re: AFL/ NFL player comparison thread

This is a good one :thumbsu:

Adrian Peterson / Cyril Rioli - both top 10 picks with SPEEEEEEED! Both burst onto the scene in their first season and helped their teams to the playoffs.

I would liked to believe Daniel Wells would of been that zippity do-da excitement machine type to compare to Troy Polamalu but that's so much a 'ya dreamin' comparison.. Troy has left Wellsy behind in a cloud of dust.. and boy, do I really know how to irratate the North faithful with reminding 'em of the inferior difference. ;) :p

I say he is like TO

- he destroys team chemisty
- he is never on the field enough
- teams want to rid themselves of him
- yet they still keep yapping

You're years ahead of your time Danielz. :thumbsu: Not that T.O. has much to brag about. At least Aker got his contract paid out in full whereas NFL players need to have a clause that guarantees a pay-out if player is cut but that 'pay-out clause' is wiped off when they accept a 'signing on bonus' in most cases. Contracts have all types of conditions in the NFL so it's impossible to figure out whether a player gets a percentage of his contract if CUT or just needs to rely on the sum of the next team contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back