Mega Thread AFL: No Trades (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

GC may be asking too much.

Maybe. Then again they arent a cellar dwelling team like carlton. They mjust had a horrible run with injuries this season and their depth was tested. Bennell and dixon will get them handsome returns they have a top 5 pick and a priority end of first round. They also dont seem to be ducks at the trade table. They would be reasonable. The suns would probably just need to reduce their list and get their man to their targeted club. We should push for this one.

Get the feeling that the AFL knew there were going to be a lot of big name players moving around this year. Massive blockbuster trades and FA moves. And they didnt want us to be apart of it. They planned for us to not pick up one or two of them and for us to not be at the top for the next ten years.
Filthy.

With all of our decent picks going for Mills I'm not sure where we have the trade currency to trade for star players? Bird, Marsh etc have SFA value and Jetta hasnt helped his over the past few weeks.

But i thought Reid was the reason we couldnt make a prelim?

Lol i never said that, trading Reid is a flippant remark giving our trading "restrictions"

Just seems generally we have to be prepared to trade some value to get value

Lol i never said that, trading Reid is a flippant remark giving our trading "restrictions"

You'd think people would have learned not to take your one-liners seriously by now. :p

Just seems generally we have to be prepared to trade some value to get value

We have nothing to get real value.

If we wanna get serious Reid, Smith, Mitchell these are the players that would give us at least a first rounder.

Rohan, Jetta, Bird for example arent going to get us much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading Reid would be like spending all your waking hours building your dream home only to sell it just as it's starting to come along.

Reid is young and had to carry our fwd line in a crucial stagr of his development phase. Then he got pushed out of that role and has been thrown around all over the place... With Goodes gone, Tippo rucking more, Shaw off etc he'll get a better chance at establishing himself in the side as one of the leaders instead of one of the developing project players or rookies. I think he can really step up the next few years & become a beast & so think we need to finish the job. It'd be a shame to waste all we've invested in him.

No one suggested it for real. The original point was to get something we have to be willing to give something valuable. Forget Reid and move on yep sorry.

But bird to whoever wont get us stuff all, people go ohh lets get such and such and think bird gets us something good,

No one suggested it for real. The original point was to get something we have to be willing to give something valuable. Forget Reid and move on yep sorry.

But bird to whoever wont get us stuff all, people go ohh lets get such and such and think bird gets us something good,

Yep ease up folks its just a forum means **** all in trade week.

OK, but sometimes people reading the thread don't know that.

True, but they could read a few pages and all, or ask/clarify etc

But lets move on as you said

Lets just hope we get someone, that will be exciting in itself

Bringing up Reid is fair enough but this year we just wouldn't get fair trade value for him with the ban in place. We a basically going to turn Jetta in picks to use to trawl for players we hope can become Best 22 players like a Talia and/or a Seedsman.

No point getting a 1st Round Pick with Mills coming in as we'll have to use it on him and with maybe a bonus of getting a 3rd Round Pick back if we don't get Dunkley.

The idea is fair, but the room we are working in means we aren't in the position to move as most of us would like.

People need to realise that we have hitched our wagon to Reid now with our list structure at present. We have no other player on our list that can swing forward or hold down a key defensive post down back, heck even pinch hit in the ruck.

Reid only gets traded for a ridiculous deal for someone like Hurley which is not going to happen in a million plus years.

DST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back