Game Day AFL Preliminary Final - Matchday Discussion GWS@Collingwood(MCG – 4:35PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not nervous at all, plenty of time for that next week should we be good enough to make it through. I think GWS still have a good enough side to cause issues and our form against Geelong wasn't anything flash, and they didn't play well either.

We'll need to lift from that effort.

Ah another smug bandwaggoner . . you guys would be funny if you weren't so pathetically predictable.
Serious? No need to be rude. I fully expect you’d be happy to make the GF and beat us right?

Hmm, I've said from that the start that they are more impacted by outs. The question was whether we are significantly better placed for personnel. If I was just saying our outs matched theirs I would not have listed our risky selections.

If Reid, Aish, Moore had been playing for the last few weeks I'd not be concerned about them and we'd be better placed than the Giants for sure. I've got more confidence in Elliott because he's strung together some games, but there is still some risk. No matter how much people like Wills (I see no one came to Noble's defence) he and Noble are risks to be taking into finals. And it's not about me "rating" them, they are objective risks, certainly in the case of Noble. It doesn't mean they can't work out. As are the two players who have had long layoffs in Reid and Aish and then the chronically injured in Moore and Elliott. There isn't too much opinion in this. And one final time "risk" does not mean I don't rate the players or that they will fail.

I know the Giants list decently well, but not the full story of their fringe players, so was not as confident to discuss those as I am with Collingwood players.

Anyway, too close to the game now and don't see any reason to take this discussion further. Go Pies!
Glad we're not playing Wangaratta rovers. We've got seven risky guys. I don't know if they have any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back